Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand how come the media keep on describing Arjen as "an associate of Wikileaks" and even "a co-founder of Wikileaks" (no proof), I have stumbled across this publication by Arjen (Jan 2013) about a dinner he had had with Assange in August 2012:

At dinner with spies and with Assange
(Google translation)
A dinner with Julian Assange and some former spies gives a lot of food for thought. If you already had illusions about privacy, they are immediately on the slant. Not for nothing, apparently.

Unfortunately, I could not attend either meeting because I had dinner in London. This took place in the embassy of Ecuador, where Julian Assange is living as a political refugee for the American government. The government has declared that it wants to condemn him for espionage (or simply shoot it without a process - that remains a favorite). This is not the fact that he has not violated any US law - journalism is still permitted for the time being. The small embassy of Ecuador in London is currently probably one of the best guarded places on earth, both with visible (police-trailer-with-antennas) and invisible surveillance.

The dinner was held in preparation for the presentation of the Sam Adams Award which would take place a day later in Oxford.
The sober (in terms of atmosphere and alcohol) portion of the dinner was spent planning the award ceremony. After planning and various bottles were eliminated, the conversation came to the situation in the embassy. You will then come up with an estimate of passively listening former colleagues of fellow table mates Ray McGovern (CIA), Thomas Drake (NSA), Coleen Rowley (FBI), Annie Machon (MI5) and Ann Wright (US Army). ....

Met spionnen en Assange aan tafel (column)

Arjens table mates were all whistle blowers and kind of soul mates. I have not been able to find any tweet (or other message) expressing their concern about Arjens disappearance. The same goes for other whistle blowers who were/are close to Arjen. Isn't that weird?

The only ones who did react (as far as I can see) have been Snowden and Assange.

Before Arjen was missing,there was another missing Dutch person in Loas,who went kayaking...and that ended fatal/sadly ..but still I want to share this article because there are many similarities...both were living in Amsterdam..both were on vacation and both were kayking..on August missing and family,people were searching..
Here is the article: Amsterdamse Mattijn (30) vermist na kajak-ongeluk in Laos (sorry GT /DIY)

But the search for Mattijn L. included a helicopter: [translation quote] A helicopter is now Mattijn's best chance of survival. It is more efficient to search above ground with instruments on board that can find a human body. The local volunteers do not have these resources. [End quote of GT

I did read on another media source that the
helicopter also had instruments to search for body warmth under water..for (R.I.P) Mattijn Lahuis
Also we do know that the Norwegian Red Cross were searching,local police,kripos Kripos coast guards boat with equipments (solar,cameras..etc)

So with this said..I have some questions..to be asked!
Does anyone know here @Lorrie @eeqaz know by chance.. or can find out..,what kind of devices were used, after the report of the disapearnce of Arjen, reached Norway,by these special search teams..red cross/police/ kripos?
TIA
The boats use at least sonar and sounder. Police used dogs on land, often these are involved ; Velkommen til Norske Redningshunder I don't know if police used their own dogs, and I dont know if sniffer-dogs was used from boat, or at the train, trainstation etc. Iin media it is only written use of snifferdogs when search in the kayak area. Red Cross usually dont use very advanced equipment. Police have used helicopter with heath camera in other cases, don't know if that was used in this case, it took too long before he was missing maybe.

The boats use at least sonar and sounder. Police used dogs on land, often these are involved ; Velkommen til Norske Redningshunder I don't know if police used their own dogs, and I dont know if sniffer-dogs was used from boat, or at the train, trainstation etc. Iin media it is only written use of snifferdogs when search in the kayak area. Red Cross usually dont use very advanced equipment. Police have used helicopter with heath camera in other cases, don't know if that was used in this case, it took too long before he was missing maybe.
Thank you @eeqaz
"It both works as an assisting unit for police districts, with special focus on technical and tactical investigation, and is responsible on its own for organized crime. "
Kripos - Wikipedia
“There is also an investigation in Denemarken via the Sirene bureau” (re-post> Arjen Kamphuis ) The information about Sirene Bureau is a Dutch pdf-file,too large for upload and laborious.
But imo,in a nuttshell,it seems like the focus is/was more about AKs cellphone /devices.
So with this reading...and no updates...about AKs luggages,cellphones->pings..and DP..it does not seem like a random missing,to me..?!

Last edited:
Following this for a while, some thoughts:
- nobody mentions it, is this new information? -> On 21st of August the account of AK at medium.com "claps" for an article (it doesn't mention what time), but this means he had an internet connection somewhere somehow (train/mobile/trainstation/hotel/restaurant?) a day after he had been seen last. The article's subject is "Inside the new economic science of capitalism's slow-burn energy collapse."
- <modsnip - rumor>
- 20th August 2019 at 22:00 PM it was still daylight in that area of Norway.
- pictures of the folded kayak show a huge backpack which seems like impossible to have been noticed when someone was walking around with it.
- a witness has seen AK near Saltstraumen just outside Bodo on the 20th of August (don't know this was mentioned before).

BTW, I think it is quite far fetched to compare the death of the other Dutch person, mr. Mattijn Lahuis with the disappearance of AK, only because he was kayaking and they both lived in Amsterdam! He was as far as I could find a golf player and had nothing with security / crypto / etc.

Hope this is some "food" for new thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
- nobody mentions it, is this new information? -> On 21st of August the account of AK at medium.com "claps" for an article (it doesn't mention what time), but this means he had an internet connection somewhere somehow (train/mobile/trainstation/hotel/restaurant?) a day after he had been seen last. The article's subject is "Inside the new economic science of capitalism's slow-burn energy collapse."
- <modsnip - rumor>
- pictures of the folded kayak show a huge backpack which seems like impossible to have been noticed when someone was walking around with it.
- a witness has seen AK near Saltstraumen just outside Bodo on the 20th of August (don't know this was mentioned before).

BTW, I think it is quite far fetched to compare the death of the other Dutch person, mr. Mattijn Lahuis with the disappearance of AK, only because he was kayaking and they both lived in Amsterdam! He was as far as I could find a golf player and had nothing with security / crypto / etc.

Welcome to Ws Food4Thought, thanks for the snacks!

- <modsnip - rumor>

Hello Food4Thought, welcome to WS!

Can you provide links to MSM sources for the points that you mention? "A person said...." is not a MSM source.

<modsnip- remove reference to quoted post which has been snipped>

A person who looked like Arjen would have been seen near Saltstraumen on Monday 20. Nothing came of that lead and it happened around the time that he got on the train so it problably wasn't Arjen.
Has been discussed on this thread, first mention is on September 7th.

I traced the "clap" by Arjen Kamphuis on Medium on August 21..... that happened in August 21, 2017. Arjen disappeared in 2018.

Hope this helps.

It is quess you are right about that!
When I posted this,it was mainly because I wanted to know more about how the search for Arjen was done,what did they use..but seems very hard to get information about that from Arjens family,friends and people he worked with..
And beside that..seems that the family of Mattijs and friends were in this together.

<modsnip - discussing Twitter posts>

To be honest everything is off and odd about this.

When I posted this,it was mainly because I wanted to know more about how the search for Arjen was done,what did they use..but seems very hard to get information about that from Arjens family,friends and people he worked with..
And beside that..seems that the family of Mattijs and friends were in this together.

Now that you mentioned twitter,there is also a tweet that mentioned that AK had a lecture n august 23 but missed that..and he was reported missing on august 29..seems strange then that it didnt raise concerns by his family?

It is! Because he was reporting missing on 29/8,the search was already delated.
On #findarjen twitter I do not know wth is going on but people are not on the same level!

Now that you mentioned twitter,there is also a tweet that mentioned that AK had a lecture n august 23 but missed that..and he was reported missing on august 29..seems strange then that it didnt raise concerns by his family?

Agree!

<modsnip - Quoted post has been removed>

Well..to be honest,I never seen or read,anything about the paddle that was valid,where or by who it was found..

@ZaZara Do you have the correct MSM/NOS link about that? I can not find it...

Here are some Dutch media links:

"17 Sep. 2018 in the Netherlands
-Rognan - The Norwegian police have found a paddle most likely from the missing Arjen Kamphuis. During a search in the sea between Fauske and Rognan, the paddle was found near where also the Kamphuis kayak was found."
’Peddel vermiste Arjen Kamphuis gevonden’
-"The paddle was in the same area where the Kamphuis kayak was found"
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl
-"The paddle, which was found by a passer-by last weekend, probably belongs to the Kamphuis kayak. Both the kayak and the paddle are found in the same area. Earlier, his id card was found near Rognan."
https://www.hartvannederland.nl/nie...n-kamphuis-aangetroffen-op-vindplaats-peddel/
-"The last track of the 47-year-old Amsterdam cyber expert who has surfaced is a paddle.
Zoektocht Kamphuis gestaakt: 'Gaan alleen nog af op tips' - Amsterdam - PAROOL
-"After having previously found a collapsible kayak and identity papers from the Amsterdam cyber expert, the coastguard also fished a paddle out of the water last weekend."
Speurhonden ingezet in mysterieuze vermissingszaak Kamphuis

The Dutch media list about who,where & when,the paddle is found is very...very vague.
No pintpoint
about the finding place of paddle,nothing was mentioned, in the MSM,that the paddle was found on shore!

Well..to be honest,I never seen or read,anything about the paddle that was valid,where or by who it was found..

@ZaZara Do you have the correct MSM/NOS link about that? I can not find it...

Here are some Dutch media links:

"17 Sep. 2018 in the Netherlands
-Rognan - The Norwegian police have found a paddle most likely from the missing Arjen Kamphuis. During a search in the sea between Fauske and Rognan, the paddle was found near where also the Kamphuis kayak was found."
’Peddel vermiste Arjen Kamphuis gevonden’
-"The paddle was in the same area where the Kamphuis kayak was found"
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl
-"The paddle, which was found by a passer-by last weekend, probably belongs to the Kamphuis kayak. Both the kayak and the paddle are found in the same area. Earlier, his id card was found near Rognan."
https://www.hartvannederland.nl/nie...n-kamphuis-aangetroffen-op-vindplaats-peddel/
-"The last track of the 47-year-old Amsterdam cyber expert who has surfaced is a paddle.
Zoektocht Kamphuis gestaakt: 'Gaan alleen nog af op tips' - Amsterdam - PAROOL
-"After having previously found a collapsible kayak and identity papers from the Amsterdam cyber expert, the coastguard also fished a paddle out of the water last weekend."
Speurhonden ingezet in mysterieuze vermissingszaak Kamphuis

The Dutch media list about who,where & when,the paddle is found is very...very vague.
No pintpoint
about the finding place of paddle,nothing was mentioned, in the MSM,that the paddle was found on shore!

This is only vague if you want to believe that it is vague. You are of course free to do so.

@worldwatcher: the paddle was found 200m downstream from the tiny beach where the kayak was found.
Source: NOS journaal, film by NL journalist, Annemiek van Dongen(?) or Rolien (?)

The map(s) made by Cave and/or Tarjei were pretty accurate.

And yet I dont see a link about it from NOS where it was found?
Thought it was rule to post that with the comment!

So if you talk about the video and the article were you based this information that the peddle was found on shore Speurhonden ingezet in mysterieuze vermissingszaak Kamphuis I suggest you also read the article that the NOS wrote,underneath...
After having previously found a collapsible kayak and identity papers from the Amsterdam cyber expert, the coastguard also fished a paddle out of the water last weekend."
and it is not a believe ,it is a fact that the media is very vague about it.

I do not know if the map that Cave and Tarjei made is based on the NOS or by talking to the person who found it and handed it over to the police?

And yet I dont see a link about it from NOS where it was found?
Thought it was rule to post that with the comment!

So if you talk about the video and the article were you based this information that the peddle was found on shore Speurhonden ingezet in mysterieuze vermissingszaak Kamphuis I suggest you also read the article that the NOS wrote,underneath...***

and it is not a believe ,it is a fact that the media is very vague about it.

I do not know if the map that Cave and Tarjei made is based on the NOS or by talking to the person who found it and handed it over to the police?

The link has already been posted a few times. And yes... it is the same link you have posted right now.

Rolien Creton says at 00:50; "200 meter verderop werd gisteren de peddel gevonden".
In fact, I had asked earlier (on WS) why Cave/Tarjei mentioned Sep. 1st instead of Sep. 17th (gisteren) in their map and Cave answered that that was the outcome of their own investigation; someone had found the paddle on Sep. 1st, but handed it over to the police much later.

***You are referring to this part:
Na eerder al een opvouwbare kajak en identiteitspapieren van de Amsterdamse cyberexpert te hebben gevonden, viste de kustwacht afgelopen weekend ook een peddel uit het water. Die is van hetzelfde merk als de peddel die Kamphuis in Nederland kocht voor hij naar Noorwegen vertrok.
So according to this news item, it was not a "private person" who had found the paddle, but the coast guard.

All Norwegian sources about the paddle find mention a "private person" or "police" as the finder (no, no link, there are so many sources).
This item of the NOS mentions the coast guard as the finder. A discrepancy that could or should be followed up!

<modsnip - rumor>

Light in Bodø 20th August
Nautical twilight : 00:00 - 03:30 and 22:36 - 00:00
Nautical twilight: The sun is between six and twelve degrees below the horizon. Under good atmospheric conditions, you can see general outline of things on the ground.
Civil twilight: 03:30 - 04:47 and 21:21 - 22:36
Civil twilight: The sun is less than six degrees below the horizon. Indicates that you do not need artificial light to do anything outdoors.
Daylight: 04:47 - 21:21
The sun is over the horizon

Check place and dates here: Soloppgang og solnedgang i Bodø

Most Norwegian media writes that the paddle and tha kayak was found in the same area by privatpersons, the paddle was handled over to the police, and the kayak police found after a person dragged it on land. Try google search Arjen Kamphuis + padleåre

A witness have said she saw AK hiking in Saltstraumen between 16 and 17h.
Avisa Nordland
Another witness commented a huge bag i find reasonable to belive was the kayakbag https://www.an.no/arjen-kamphuis/sa...-han-sa-arjen-kamphuis-pa-rognan/s/5-4-862554

- <modsnip - rumor>

i could not find, do you have screen shot ? I think its very interesting if hes been online the 21st Inside the new economic science of capitalism’s slow-burn energy collapse.
Edit: i found claps on his page :)

<modsnip - quoted post removed, reference to quoted post removed>

i could not find, do you have screen shot ? I think its very interesting if hes been online the 21st Inside the new economic science of capitalism’s slow-burn energy collapse.
Edit: i found claps on his page :)
Sorry Eeqaz, but I did not see it was 2017 a year ago, so not relevant to his disappearance.

I suppose it would be quite handy to have a chronological list (on page 1 of this post?) of dates of what is now confirmed or accepted officially. So we have a better overview of the events.

@ZaZara: do you mean I have to mention or mark in my posts -if not from MSM- quotes / etc. as a rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member