Norway Norway - Isdalen, WhtFem 503UFNOR, multiple aliases, multilingual, Nov'70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Incidentally, I notice that the original thread on this case has been restored and the recently started one amalgamated with it. This is great news for anyone not familiar with earlier discussions about it.

Thanks to the Mods.

Sharon Kinne was blonde, four inches taller than IW, had a "red port wine" scar on the left side of her face, and a skin pigmentation disease. IW was described being very attractive, and maybe it's just me, but Kinne was gawky-looking. I don't see anything but the faintest resemblance. Also, I don't think she'd be able to learn how hide her American accent in that short of time, in addition to learning all those languages. If there's one accent that Europeans would recognize, I would think it'd be an American one. Add to that what Melmoth and Kemo said, and I do not think Kinne is at all viable.

Mildred Batoche looks more like IW, but in additon to the tattoo, she was also much younger. There doesn't seem to be any other information on her, so it's hard to judge.

From what I've seen Kinne was only 2" taller than IW which is within the margin or error considering heights taken with and without shoes. I know she's a long shot (as are all others here) but it would be interesting to know if she has been fully checked out and eliminated.

I know she's a long shot (as are all others here) but it would be interesting to know if she has been fully checked out and eliminated.

I would imagine the isotope results would be fairly conclusive when they're available.

I just sent an email to the journalists at Nrk working on the Isdalswoman case if they could include an english article as well. The problem with google translate is that the articles are written in something called "nynorsk", in Norway we have 2 official written languages, they're both Norwegian, but one is harder to get google to translate. I told Nrk they would get more readers if they also did it in English, this case is internationally knows, so it would mean more work for them, but more recognition as well.

I just sent an email to the journalists at Nrk working on the Isdalswoman case if they could include an english article as well. The problem with google translate is that the articles are written in something called "nynorsk", in Norway we have 2 official written languages, they're both Norwegian, but one is harder to get google to translate. I told Nrk they would get more readers if they also did it in English, this case is internationally knows, so it would mean more work for them, but more recognition as well.

That would be excellent if they do. This is a first-class mystery and would be much better known if there was more information about it available in English. As far as I know the only book devoted to the case was published in Norwegian and never translated into any other language.

Yeah, we'll se what they say. I could translate the articles myself, but that would take too much time

Thank you! This case is so interesting. It could be made into a movie. I hope they find out who she was.

Do any of you think she looks like Mildred Batoche?

I dont find much information about Ms. Batoche online though. Heres the photo comparison:

cbb6f4987a67a07b0352e271fa9b47ce.jpg

Although, Ms. Batoche had a tattoo and I dont know about the Isdal woman, I wasnt able to find out much about her features. I am solely judging by name, but Batoche sounds French, so it's possible she could have spoken French.

Quite interesting that the new pics do seem to resemble MB, she is also known as Millie Wanchisco.
[h=2]Canada - Mildred Batoche (aka Millie Wanchisco), 23, Edmonton AB, 26 May 1967[/h]
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...824099&highlight=Mildred+Batoche#post12824099

Quite interesting that the new pics do seem to resemble MB, she is also known as Millie Wanchisco.
[h=2]Canada - Mildred Batoche (aka Millie Wanchisco), 23, Edmonton AB, 26 May 1967[/h]
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...824099&highlight=Mildred+Batoche#post12824099
I really thought they looked alike. Mildred has a tattoo though. Thats why I was trying to hint about asking before if anyone kniws if the age/height etc. was determined by the coroner or by eyewitness. All I keep reading is that "witnesses said..." I was just wondering if it was only witnesses, because they might not notice a tattoo. Then again, it seems like the police were involved from day one, so a tattoo should have been noted.

It will be interesting what the isotope testing says about her life.

Just got an email, they are working on an english article, it will be out in 2-3 days

Thank you! This case is so interesting. It could be made into a movie. I hope they find out who she was.

I dunno about a film (though as it happens my partner is involved in the film and TV industry in the UK), but I suggest an English language version of a definitive documentary, even if just with subtitles, would probably sell to broadcasting companies around the world.

From what I've seen Kinne was only 2" taller than IW which is within the margin or error considering heights taken with and without shoes. I know she's a long shot (as are all others here) but it would be interesting to know if she has been fully checked out and eliminated.

Everything I've read says Kinne is 5'7". IW was 164 cm, which is roughly 5'4" - 5'4 1/2", so more than a two inch difference. (Sorry I typed four instead of three.) For a woman, at least in my experience being 5'6", that's a key difference. To me, 5'7" is tall and 5'4" is fairly petite and average. 5'7" in heels is going to look quite tall. Admittedly, IW'sheight may not be especially reliable given the circumstances (witness estimation and the state of her remains). Kinne's height should be, as I'm sure she was measured by police during booking.

Everything I've read says Kinne is 5'7". IW was 164 cm, which is roughly 5'4" - 5'4 1/2", so more than a two inch difference. (Sorry I typed four instead of three.) For a woman, at least in my experience being 5'6", that's a key difference. To me, 5'7" is tall and 5'4" is fairly petite and average.

I believe 5' 5" is average height for a US or UK woman so if the height is correct she was not petite in height, nor in terms of clothing range since she was described by at least one witness as having quite wide hips.

However it's possible that her height measurement is slightly off since she was burned, and muscles tend to contract to some extent in bodies that have been burned. IIRC the crime scene photo with her body in situ does show her arms bent in the classic burned-contracted pose, and one of her knees was also bent (and one foot seems to be missing).

The photo is here for anyone who wants to see it:

https://www.nrk.no/dokumentar/xl/gaten-i-isdalen-1.12987220

Her burns are more extensive than I'd imagined. I assume there's a close up shot of her face but I don't know if that would help much due to her condition.

I believe 5' 5" is average height for a US or UK woman so if the height is correct she was not petite in height, nor in terms of clothing range since she was described by at least one witness as having quite wide hips.

However it's possible that her height measurement is slightly off since she was burned, and muscles tend to contract to some extent in bodies that have been burned. IIRC the crime scene photo with her body in situ does show her arms bent in the classic burned-contracted pose, and one of her knees was also bent (and one foot seems to be missing).

Thanks for this. I was thinking that she couldnt have had tattoos, but now I see the photo of her burns, I can see it could be possible depending on location.

Poor woman.

What is the "California" bag in that sketch about-I guess I missed that.:thinking:

Her burns are more extensive than I'd imagined.

Agreed. I think it is assumed that the fuel (petrol?) used was only that which had been carried in the two containers found near the body, but that's quite extensive damage for what is presumably a fairly small amount of fuel. I wonder what the capacity of those containers actually was and how much fuel was involved.

I assume there's a close up shot of her face but I don't know if that would help much due to her condition.

Perhaps, but I'm guessing that it was too badly burned - hence the police relying on the sketch produced from the descriptions of the people who had come into contact with her during her visits to Norway. What I mean is that they don't seem to have tried to produce a likeness from the body.

It's the average height in the Netherlands. However, couldn't find any matching missing Dutch women.

'Not sure why, but I'm still focused on the (now deceased) photographer (who stayed in the hotel with the unidentified woman on Oct 3). It's entirely possible the evening was just a single night of dinner/romance, but this would seem a little reckless/chance-y for a woman such as she has been described.

Also, I found it interesting that Trimboli took "a lot" of photographs of the Greek actress Aliki Vouyouklaki. 'Maybe he photographed many actors/actresses during that time but I haven't had any luck finding others.

'Just sharing this in case anyone else finds this slightly interesting :)

Here's a blog link (info about Aliki with photos taken by Trimboli). *Of note, simply googling Vouyouklaki AND Trimboli images provides a number of results.

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/5112637-aliki-vouyouklaki

Has anyone seen this? I've noticed it on two different websites as a "comment" (verbatim).

Was operative of B.O.S.S under Lieutenant-General Hendrik van den Bergh later went rouge and was the target of the assassination order Ukufa,
given by Prime Minister John Vorster. Ltn-Gen. v.d Bergh declined Eugene de Kock's request to undertake the mission and the mission was then
given to the C.C.B whom tracked her for Months with the help of interpole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back