Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't correct. Look at the attached; the "Cash" option is ticked, and there's an amount due (in cash).

That's payment for the two days accommodation. This is repeated in the "2DY' code top-right, which means two days, double, two guests/standard day rate in Amadeus hotel/agent codes.

The reminder sent to her room was because she'd ordered room services and pay-per-view without having a credit card on file.

Attachments

• iden-Artboard_1.png
    iden-Artboard_1.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 389
That isn't correct. Look at the attached; the "Cash" option is ticked, and there's an amount due (in cash).

That's payment for the two days accommodation. This is repeated in the "2DY' code top-right, which means two days, double, two guests/standard day rate in Amadeus hotel/agent codes.

The reminder sent to her room was because she'd ordered room services and pay-per-view without having a credit card on file.

Even back then if you were paying cash, the room rate was paid up front. Any incidentals like food or beverage were paid at check out to avoid skipping out on the whole bill.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s I traveled to Europe a few times and you sent cheques to smaller establishments like B&Bs or provided your credit card details over the phone to larger hotels like this on. She must have stated when she made the reservation she was paying cash listed. If they didnt collect when she checked in it may mean they were familiar with her or they were really busy. I can't say she paid the room rental on arrival because that hasn't been established to my knowledge. If they were concerned only about room service, one meal and several soft drinks I can't see sending security up for that.

My opinion and experience is split. I'm trying to remember if I ever stayed at this particular hotel. I am reasonably certain I did not, but I know I did stay in Oslo at other hotels that were a step up from the usual. I know one was put on a card, because I remember the friend I was traveling with that trip using his card since mine had given me trouble when I tried to use it at an ATM a few days prior.

I also know for a fact I paid cash for other hotels in Scandinavia, and did sometimes settle at check out.

I am wondering if perhaps, the 1,845 kr was paid upfront for the first night only? That seems possible to me.

Hmmm, odd. She gave the room service atrendent a 50kr tip, yet didn't actually pay for the meal....?

And we know she had plenty of cash in her, as after check in, she returned to the reception to change some money into to Norwegian Krone.

Has it ever been said or mentioned in witness statements what currency she changed?

This is a more basic question but something I've been wondering for awhile. I know that Jennifer was a super popular name for girls born in the US during the early-mid seventies. Are/were there as many Jennifers in Germany, Norway, or other nations with which this woman might have been associated? Or was the name more of an outlier during that time? I could look it up but am more interested in hearing about the "feel" of the name from those not in the US.

Jennifer is not a common name in Norway. There is a similar'ish name, Jannicke, which was popular back in the 80-90's sometime, thanks to a norwegian artist.

Hmmm, odd. She gave the room service atrendent a 50kr tip, yet didn't actually pay for the meal....?

And we know she had plenty of cash in her, as after check in, she returned to the reception to change some money into to Norwegian Krone.

Has it ever been said or mentioned in witness statements what currency she changed?

I will go look for the clip, but the younger male employee who was working at the front desk, claims he remembered seeing "Jennifer" later in the evening, with a taller, older dark-haired man, exchanging USD.

When looking at the photos of her clothing again, the sweater looks quite ordinary. It could even be H&M.

Ok, I apologize. I thought I watched a video reenactment of actors checking and it was the younger male employee, Sascha, who thought Jennifer exchanged USD, but it seems it was actually the front desk supervisor, Tudem.

Mystery at the Oslo Plaza

Quoted:
In her police statement, Tudem Gjertsen said it might have been in connection with exchanging currency that she saw the couple, and that it might have been later in the evening. In 1995, it was common for hotel guests to obtain local currency at the front desk.

"I have a feeling that the man handed money over the counter and that it may have been dollars, but I’m not sure," Tudem Gjertsen says today. "Nor can I say if the man was with her when she came. But I stand by seeing her in front of the counter with a man."

I knew a few named Janneke too.

Yeah, it appears throughout a few European countries in slightly different versions. Like.
Janneke, Jannike, Janicke, Jannicke.
The name Jenny is used, as an actual name, not just a nickname. Though I think it was a bit out of fashion during the 90s.

I noticed earlier that someone commented on "veien" meaning street in norwegian. Which is true. There are variants of that as well: Veien, vegen, gutua, løkka, gata, gaten,

I looked at the image of the soda bottles. They look as though "two" have been 'cleaned away' by simply putting them further away from the 'workspace' on the desk. One is close and not 'put away'. Which is probably the latter of the drinks that was had. There is also another bottle that do not appear to be coka cola on the desk. Might have been "Solo" since the empty glass appear to have yellow residue at the bottom.

ff033dc33d207aab7e80ff38b6e228d5.jpg

In this image you can tell the cabinet underneath the desk is the hotel-room bar....and she might just have grabbed whatever was in there. On the top of the desk there, you will see the remote control for the TV
kommoden.jpg

Tv was on. There is an open bag of chips. Odd that this was not tossed away. Jennifer did not have this in her stomach (according to autopsy). So means someone else ate it? I mean, most people would toss it in the bin when done. Maybe it wasn't empty....? But she hadn't nibbled on it recently so I guess the other person did?

I found an image of a towel in the bathroom, and there is some red on it. So I am wondering, if, she was killed perhaps, earlier? Than what was suspected?
badet.jpg

Might have been lipstick....but that feels odd somehow.

Last edited:
There IS a Rue de la Station 148 in Belgium. Just not in Verlaine. It is in Estaimpuis. Postal code is 7730. It looks residential. A brick home? (edited to add: I guess some sort of brewery?)

Apologies if this was mentioned and I have forgotten/overlooked. It has been awhile since I thought about the info on the card.

This might be a bit 'out there' but it seems those soda bottles have had their lids placed back on top (zoom+++ and you'll see it, the colours are different per drink). These would have been pop-off lids, so they couldn't have been replaced securely, but... wtf?

Attachments

• kommoden.jpg
    kommoden.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 39
I have always been , not great, at reading signatures. But on this slip, you see the words
"Signature" and "Guest signature"
Meaning there should be two signatures. The people signing would be the person whom takes the room in their name, and their guest.
upload_2021-4-17_22-23-53.png
So I believe the first signature, the one looking like a T with a line through it, is one, and the big T or J ending with, what looks like fate and a dot (.) is Jennifer.

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-17_22-22-32.png
    upload_2021-4-17_22-22-32.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 15
Do you think someone may have let themselves in and waited for "Jennifer" to return? That could explain the odd snacking.

I was thinking more that her partner eliminated her. Slipped something in her drink so she wouldn't struggle, used the pillow to hold it over her head, did one shot. Gun might have accidentally gone off in his struggle, whilst he tried to place the pillow over her head, leading him to miss. Then, realized he couldn't aim well with the pillow, or it wasn't working as a silencer as he had hoped. (maybe kept the telly on to disguise noise, you use what you have after all?)

Or, she was killed, somehow, silently. Then after he cleaned up, after the spatter. Cause it would have been spatter. He staged it to look like a suicide. Took all the things, and left. Including her passport, her papers. There is no way all you have in a briefcase like that is only loose bullets, that is incredibly impractical.

The killer probably had a similar gun, or used hers cause he knew where she kept it.

unsolved-mysteries-jennifer-fairgate-jpg-1603118037.jpg

So uh, this is what they saw when they entered. There is.....food on the table with the lamp, straight ahead. There is also that bottle of cologne (most likely) to the right.
upload_2021-4-17_22-37-4.png
If that is food, it looks rather untouched.

Third image:
zvseytuo4cu51.jpg

In that contrast , the thing on the chair looks like it has a face (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb