Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting about the missing bing bag.

I wonder. Did the papers arrive in a bag as well?

Something else I am thinking about here:

Wouldn't a European address in *most* countries be Street name 148 vs 148 Street Name?

When I check a "random address" site to test this, France is one country written as 148 Street Name. Belgium & Germany both would be Street Name 148.

YES. Excellent observation. That *could* mean Jane Doe has a significant background outside of Europe.

"In a traditional Jewish wedding ceremony, the wedding ring is placed on the bride's righthand index finger,[10] but other traditions place it on the middle finger or the thumb."

Ring finger - Wikipedia

I know wedding bands are on the right hand in Germany and Scandinavia, but I didn't realise traditional Jews also use the right middle finger for wedding bands.

"Nevertheless, there are those with the custom to place the ring upon the middle finger."

https://www.torahmusings.com/2019/05/marriage-the-ring/

Jane Doe has a wedding band-looking gold ring on her right middle finger as seen here. This could be a mild pointer toward an Israeli connection, or at least a Jewish background, as well as a husband somewhere.

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-17_23-21-41.png
    upload_2021-4-17_23-21-41.png
    803.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Recently, "Beth Doe" who was found murdered in Pennsylvania in 1976 was identified. Isotopes, etc indicated she was Eastern European, but it turned out she was actually a 15 year-old girl from New Jersey.

Thinking about the address again, I wonder if they have the birthplace of "Jennifer" correct?

Ok. Yes, the USA Today was in a bag. Hence the fingerprint found in the room.

There is so much strange about this case, I find myself needing to periodically refresh my memory of details!

Wouldn't a European address in *most* countries be Street name 148 vs 148 Street Name?

When I check a "random address" site to test this, France is one country written as 148 Street Name. Belgium & Germany both would be Street Name 148.

I am from Europe and when I was taught English, we followed the British English system. We write the number after the street in our own language, but we were taught that the proper way for international post was to write the number before the street.

I am from Europe and when I was taught English, we followed the British English system. We write the number after the street in our own language, but we were taught that the proper way for international post was to write the number before the street.

Right....So, a hotel in Norway, would you use the European format or the British?

I know I was aware of the difference, but never altered my home address the way I would say, alter my use of a knife and fork to eat.

On that note, I am staring at the knife and fork trying to determine what style she used to eat the sausage and potato salad, but I am not sure. The salad is in the way. I *think* it looks as though she "pushed" bits of sausage into the ketchup, as you would knife and fork. Any thoughts?

Also? Where is the mustard? The packet is open, but I see no trace of it on the plate? Did she mix it cleanly together? Or is there something else??

(I think this case can make one a bit crazy!)

The thing that looks like "3C" or until now I thought "BC" is actually "BL". BL is the ISO country code for small French island, so irrelevant... An alternatives at a stretch is "BU".

Basically it wouldn't be appropriate to use "BL" to represent Belgium, one would use "BE"; BL isn't used for Belgium on any list of country codes, and wasn't at the time.

However I really trawled for an answer to this, and found a European Union definition of "BL" for "Belgium and Luxembourg", the combined economic zone, and the cross-border areas between the two countries, where most people have joint citizenship (Arelerland - Wikipedia).

So perhaps Jane Doe is from the Luxembourgish part of Belgium, which would also explain the German and the strange accent - Luxembourgish itself is a dialect of German, and something like 90% of people living in the BL zone speak German.

What that means in terms of espionage or organised crime I don't know, but I will look closer.

Some possible reasons for Jane Doe not writing down her passport info:

- She had an EU or UN laissez-passer, a travel document that staff/diplomats from the EU/UN have allowing them to cross borders;
- She had a NATO ID card allowing cross-border travel;
- She had an Interpol Travel Document;
- She had a diplomatic passport;

or a forged version of one of the above. Yes these documents would have ID numbers, but hotel staff would be more likely to waiver the requirement, and the guest would be in a better position to refuse. Particularly if say, her credential was with a major country like Israel, or an institution like NATO.

Particularly if say, her credential was with a major country like Israel, or an institution like NATO.
And that hotel were known to host international summits and meetings of the world top politicians, NATO and Palestine etc etc.

I don't think "Jennifer" was a spy, but maybe some political attaché or assistant that was playing seniors off against each other, and caught foul of that.

MOO.

The thing that looks like "3C" or until now I thought "BC" is actually "BL". BL is the ISO country code for small French island, so irrelevant... An alternatives at a stretch is "BU".

Basically it wouldn't be appropriate to use "BL" to represent Belgium, one would use "BE"; BL isn't used for Belgium on any list of country codes, and wasn't at the time.

However I really trawled for an answer to this, and found a European Union definition of "BL" for "Belgium and Luxembourg", the combined economic zone, and the cross-border areas between the two countries, where most people have joint citizenship (Arelerland - Wikipedia).

So perhaps Jane Doe is from the Luxembourgish part of Belgium, which would also explain the German and the strange accent - Luxembourgish itself is a dialect of German, and something like 90% of people living in the BL zone speak German.

What that means in terms of espionage or organised crime I don't know, but I will look closer.

I was thinking about luxemburg earlier, due to how the languages crossed. Sort of.
Knowing somewhere there, she speaks several nearby languages, french/belgian/swiss, english and german. Due to how it is there. I sort of expect it is like that for people of perhaps switzerland and other small countries in the region.

Only other BC I know of, is British Columbia, but that's, just ...really out there.
I still read it as BL though.
Maybe BU, a bit of a stretch, that would be Bulgaria. Bulgaria can also be BG and BGR

Could be nothing: there is not Rue De la Stehde in Belgium, there is however, a place in germany
Rue de la, means street on....so lets assume she is mixing languages.
If you search Stehde you get " Auf der Stehde,57334 Bad Laasphe, Germany" This means "On the stand"
It has a number 148.
173899_XXL.jpg

The phone number country code is 30(?) looks like to me, and belongs to greece. or 33, which belongs to france.

If she misspelled "Rue De La Stadhe" she could have simply meant "Stade" which means city. So it would be translate to "on the city..."

The zipcode/post code, she gave is from Felsőszentmárton, Hungary

Last edited:
I am being sleepy and nerdy rn
The phone number: 33 or 30 68326548
Lets assume this is a code rather than an actual functioning phonenumber. If we do basic numericals to letters we get. CC (33) CB (32) or C(space?) FHCBFEDH

C is not a letter used in Norway much, I am wondering if Cerbis is a miscommunication. That maybe it should be Serbis?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member