Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Verlaine connection is potentially very intriguing. I can't remember where we were up to with establishing any genuine connection between JF and Verlaine. If you buy into the idea that she was a spy or an assassin, it's possible she spent time there in order to establish a legend. If he was born in 1961, then he was about 10 years older than her, i.e. the same generation, and they might easily have crossed paths if she did.

I think there's a distinct resemblance to the published artist's impressions of the dead woman, although how closely those resemble the real JF is something we can't really know. There's something about the line of the nostrils, a slight hauteur, that is common to them both. There's also something a bit wrong with the profile in this sketch, particularly around the nose, as if the subject moved while it was being done and the lines needed to be reworked, and it was never quite finished satisfactorily. It makes me wonder if it was not a professional sitter but someone observed in a public place.

Very curious. There's a reasonable chance the artist is still alive. Maybe you could try to track him down and see if he remembers? The auction house might be able to help.

BBM

He has a Facebook profile and a page.

BBM

That's what i'm trying to find out.

And... My apologies for referring to the “Crayon et gouache sur papier dessin” as an already framed wall art… An object (painting).
I hope i have not offended the artist or the art lovers with my lack of art knowledge. I will use the correct painting techniques and terminology in the future.
MOO JMO

I mentioned because I thought there may be a painting, but the link wasn’t up. I wasn’t trying to be mean, just trying to clarify that I was looking at the right piece of art.

this is an interesting find. There may be no connection, but it is interesting.

BBM

That's what i'm trying to find out.

And... My apologies for referring to the “Crayon et gouache sur papier dessin” as an already framed wall art… An object (painting).
I hope i have not offended the artist or the art lovers with my lack of art knowledge. I will use the correct painting techniques and terminology in the future.
MOO JMO

I mentioned because I thought there may be a painting, but the link wasn’t up. I wasn’t trying to be mean, just trying to clarify that I was looking at the right piece of art.

this is an interesting find. There may be no connection, but it is interesting.

Guys, just a detail. Can anyone find the gunshot wound to the HEAD in JF's authopsy photos? I've seen in from all the angles, no signs of shot to the head. Isn't that weird since it was a military weapon- Browning 9mm pistol- allegedly shot close range???!

I'd really like to know the context of the complaint(s) received about the couple from guests, such as what they were allegedly doing to set off the complaints.

I remember reading that a Norwegian lady staying along the corridor complained about loud banging noises.

Could be moving furniture (or a body?) around the room. Or doors slamming shut.

Guys, just a detail. Can anyone find the gunshot wound to the HEAD in JF's authopsy photos? I've seen in from all the angles, no signs of shot to the head. Isn't that weird since it was a military weapon- Browning 9mm pistol- allegedly shot close range???!
I think the photos were taken after she had been tended to by a mortician.

I think the photos were taken after she had been tended to by a mortician.
Still, take a long good look at her forehead. It's in pristine condition, it doesn't look like she was ever shot, let alone at close range, even though the norwegian police officer said she had a "huge star-like wound" right in the middle of her forehead o_O A bit odd. Are there any uncensored crime scene photos?

Still, take a long good look at her forehead. It's in pristine condition, it doesn't look like she was ever shot, let alone at close range, even though the norwegian police officer said she had a "huge star-like wound" right in the middle of her forehead o_O A bit odd. Are there any uncensored crime scene photos?
Not that I've ever seen. Don Corleone must have told the mortician "I want you to use all your powers and all your skills" because you can't tell she had a wound in her forehead.

Marie-Hélène Audoye. I have not seen any rule-outs for her being the Oslo Plaza woman/Jennifer Fairgate. She's the right age, weight and height, and she's from the proper geographical locations.

Attachments

• 20200811_105145_20210715112121003_20210715113005982_20210715132423323_20210922153210555.jpg
    20200811_105145_20210715112121003_20210715113005982_20210715132423323_20210922153210555.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 66

I had to identify my uncle after he'd comitted suicide by shooting himself in the forehead with my grandfather's Luger, 9mm (brought home from Germany as a WWII relic) ... before he was tended to by the mortician.

His funeral was open casket and the magic of wax and makeup did it's job. It was extremely difficult for me, even knowing exactly where his fatal wound was, to discern it in real life, let alone via a photograph. Those who didn't know, had no idea and never suspected a thing.

Marie-Hélène Audoye. I have not seen any rule-outs for her being the Oslo Plaza woman/Jennifer Fairgate. She's the right age, weight and height, and she's from the proper geographical locations.

Perhaps coincidence, but the Pentecost weekend factors in again with Marie-Hélène....Strange!

Marie-Hélène Audoye, the missing from the Côte d'Azur: May 21, 1991, a full tank, a message and then nothing ...

Snippet from the piece:

It is not yet summer on the Côte d'Azur but, on this Pentecost weekend 1991, the postcard is already beautiful. On the Croisette in Cannes, the festival is in full swing.......

There is a clear photo of Marie-Hélène with the same article in my post directly above. Her eyes are appear to be a golden light brown to hazel vs the blue "Jennifer Fairgate" was believed to have. I would not rule out based on this. Only noting.

Here is a crop of the photo from a montage: Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 10.24.39 AM.png

I'm reading more of the links from the article I shared. It seems there are theories leading MH to possible prostitution and trafficking in Hamburg. This could possibly explain her speaking German if she was "Jennifer Fairgate"? MH also spent time in London, so that could explain selecting an alias along those lines too. Interesting. Worth a read/dive, I think for those with a bit of time.

Could the isotope analysis for a woman who had grown up in the south of France be mistaken for someone from Germany/northern Europe? It's a genuine question. I don't know what kind of margin of error we should expect.

She's strikingly similar to the artist's impression, so I understand the attraction of the idea that Jennifer is Marie-Hélène, and yet somehow it feels like forcing the facts to fit the story. I'm a bit sceptical of theories based on facial resemblance, as I know how often I've been certain I see a family likeness between two people, say, only to find I was completely wrong and there's no connection.

I agree eye colour could just have been noted incorrectly, though, not least as the recordkeeping is undeniably sloppy in other areas. I think Jennifer has been given two or three different heights at different times, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway