Now that Casey's in jail, do you think the A's are relieved...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for your honesty. From my own personal experience, I can tell you it is very difficult living with someone who suffers from mental illness (is that pc to say?). Especially when chaos seems to follow them wherever they go. As much as you love them, when they're gone you do feel relief. In the end you sometimes have to make a choice...it's either you or them.

Yes, it's like hitting yourself with a hammer, it feels so good when you stop!

Pc or not that's what it is!! Chaos not only follows, they look for it or create their own!

If you're lucky you may be able to establish boundaries, then keep up your guard for manipulation. They are the masters.

Yeah, well, you're not mother to KC 'A'. Whole 'nother ballpark, whole 'nother sport entirely. She ain't your normal offspring.

Shoot, KC may just as well be as relieved as they are for a reprieve.

so true, we heard how she talked to CA when she got to jail, wow, she sounds like the kind of kid who isnt pleasant to deal with. CA might be able to relax now. She had lost alot of weight and probably from the stress of having KC there. Id be afraid she'd come after me with a knife, she sounded mean in that phone call. She was mad her Mum called the police on her, she didnt "get it" that she had no choice with all the lying?
I think CA just would like Caylee home, I wish it would happen but not very sure, not when she was in KC's care:(
She still has Lee. He seems like a nice kid and his girlfriend, she was crying about Caylee or was she KC's friend? Im confused lol

I think KC is still furious with CA for making that 911 call. I wonder if she ever had a chance to explain to KC, to discuss it again. Well, of course they did, but I imagine KC is still and will always hold that against CA.

Let her be, she brought it on herself with all her lies and stealing!!
I bet Amy is mad!! Cindy has right to be mad, too. Stealing money from HeR Mother, look what she has put the whole family through:eek:
CA had every right to call the Police.

Empty nest X 1000..........no way any of us could imagine what the inside of that home is like now.
Wondering what hubby and I would be doing now...vacation away from Orlando? No, there is no escaping for them...their minds cannot go anywhere else.
They are living in hell now.
There will never again be a 'normal' time for them now.
My daughter and granddaughter lived with us for 18 months. I,like Cindy, was primary care giver. Many similarities.
When they moved to another town (son in law job) my life was hollow. I cannot describe the lonliness, tears, and grief. Teaching kept my mind and body occupied and I was able to drive to see them nearly every week end. But there was no 'normal' for years.
This was without a dead grandchild and daughter in jail.
I cannot imagine they will ever go forward.

Im sorry Karenmamo, reading the pain you experienced, that made me feel sad, and Im sure she misses you too. But your Grandchild is so lucky to have such a loving, caring Grandmom and that she can still visit with you often. Its nice to hear when children have more than one or two people in thier lives that are there for them and love them so much.
I wish I could say the same for Caylee, she deserved that. :(

I do think there is probably a sense of relief, just that they know where she is and that she is supervised (and in isolation, not general pop.).

A friend of mine whose father is in poor health recently shared with me that during his recent stay in the hospital her mother was like a new person - sleeping better than she had in years and with a significantly reduced level of stress. Not that she wanted her DH in the hospital, but that she had not been sleeping for fear of him needing her for YEARS. Even the worry about his health crisis was less stressful than never getting a good night's sleep.

I think the A's might be able to sleep a bit better knowing the protestors are gone, Casey isn't going to try to sneak out or kill herself or have an emotional breakdown in the night...whatever they fear. Not that they want her in jail necessarily, but that someone else is watching her.

I hope that is the case, anyway, for their sake. They need some sleep.

I think they have mixed feelings about her incarceration.

On the + side:

-- They know where she is, and that she and others are safe. She is contained. There will be no "surprises."
-- The tension in the house might be reduced, a bit, by her absence.
-- CE may need the drama of a "falsely imprisoned" daughter, sacrificing her freedom to protect her baby.
-- The family gets a lot of public attention.

On the - side:

-- With Caylee gone and KC in the slam, any tensions that may exist within the marriage are gonna surface. Because there is no other immediate focus.
-- The KC-sourced drama is removed, to a degree. That drama might be a "necessary" family dynamic.
-- They know something is terribly wrong with KC. No amount of denial, rationalization, or just refusing to admit it works all the time, internally.
-- The family gets a lot of public attention.

Like the bovines say, "MOO."

I think KC is still furious with CA for making that 911 call. I wonder if she ever had a chance to explain to KC, to discuss it again. Well, of course they did, but I imagine KC is still and will always hold that against CA.

I think you're right. I think KC thought that her folks should just have gone along with her program, and handled the consequences.

MOO

While they still have to pretend that they're appalled by the "unfair treatment" their daughter has received (according to them), I think it lets them let their emotions flow behind closed doors. I think they can now move through the grieving process without feeling like they have to put on a front for Casey. I picture it like that annoying uncle that visits for a week; yeah, you smile and pretend to be happy that he's there eating all your food, leaving dishes all over the house, but when he's gone you let out a big heaving sigh and get back to what's important to you. While they're around, you can't even THINK you'll be glad they're leaving because you're afraid they'll see it in your face.

Whether they do or not, they should. It wouldn't shock me at all if it came out that she was planning on doing something evil to her parents (ala Melendez Bros) to 'inherit' the house or money (although I don't think the A's have much money but I believe that KC thought they did).

I think GA is probably relieved a bit. I think that CA is sincerely confused. I think LA is nervous. MOO
I agree with you. I think all along she had a plan for her parents to "go away" in one way or another, which would leave her the house like she had told Amy. I think the loss of Caylee might have been an unfortunate by-product of whatever might have been planned for GA and CA.

If KC has a personality disorder as we've been speculating on, chances are they couldn't get any answers from her. In her mind she's done nothing wrong and probably blames Caylee for her current situation, possibly CA too because she made the 911 call.

Instead of fighting with KC they have chosen to keep the peace as best they've learned from living with her and they're probably exhausted from walking on eggshells around her for the last 3 mos. I hope they're getting help.

I hope they are getting help too, especially CA because she needs it.

Just the fact she allowed her to stay in that house, after there was proof that KC was negligent in her parenting (and I am not even talking about murder), stole from CA & GA and their parents. stole from her friends, not to mention lied to LE just blows me away.

There is no excuse for that and it certainly does not fall under the unconditional love of parents.

Allowing her to live there told her it was okay. "Here sweetheart, let me get you a pizza and fluff your pillows for you" isn't what you do to a criminal, bail or no bail.

Especially when they KNEW they couldn't get any info out of her.

It is not just those with mental illness. My oldest daughter moved back in for a few months (6) after college until her new home was completed and I thought I would go out of my mind until I got her in that house. She is a sweet, non-intrusive young woman, but just having another woman in the house changed all the family dynamics and the boys all felt she was taking over the house. LOL
You hit the nail on the head...it does change the dynamics...and is very unsettling to say the least.

I hope they are getting help too, especially CA because she needs it.

Just the fact she allowed her to stay in that house, after there was proof that KC was negligent in her parenting (and I am not even talking about murder), stole from CA & GA and their parents. stole from her friends, not to mention lied to LE just blows me away.

There is no excuse for that and it certainly does not fall under the unconditional love of parents.

Allowing her to live there told her it was okay. "Here sweetheart, let me get you a pizza and fluff your pillows for you" isn't what you do to a criminal, bail or no bail.

Especially when they KNEW they couldn't get any info out of her.

I think it was misguided of them, but I think they were trying to help their child. We all think we know our kid better than anyone else. When it comes to psychological problems that isn't true, parents only see as much as they want to see and that can make the situation worse.

I can't put myself in CA's shoes, I can only imagine how horrible this is for her,
and honestly I don't know what I would do in her place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back