NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay on Topic

Read what you wrote before you post

If your post is more about you than about the actual shooting it is probably a good idea not to make that post

It's not that hard

Thank you
Tricia

would you help look at this regarding steph wash

its long

supposedly she won an emmy for ABC for piece on pulse

we need to make sure

man

i am telling myself this cant true a misunderstanding

but Hannity did tease it maybe that was wrong date

this is the dude they gave a vacation right

pls compare pic on her linedin with twitter

tia
+

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniewash

http://emmyonline.com/download/news_38th_nominations_Final.pdf[/QUOTE

On it.
She wouldn't be one of my favourites
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/04...about-russia-threat-while-public-is-deceived/

Gunshots were being fired at MB. .2 miles between unrelated hotels is meaningless.
Right. One is 1 mile away as the crow flies. I do hear gunshots from that distance here, unfortunately. (I suspect target shooting, but that loud boom is startling no matter what when you aren't expecting it.)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I never thought he'd give an interview to begin with. Not after the turn of events
He's got security around him
People are speculating about him
Stories are changing.
I'm wondering if the interviews were set up when they were hailing this guy a hero.. MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yes, perhaps. But I feel for people like him --- 25 years old, probably his job pays not much above minimum wage, no prior public exposure and then suddenly getting swept into the piranha pit of everyone wanting a piece of him.

Words get twisted, bright lights and nerves but then suddenly when the litigation begins he's sitting on the witness stand with everything flung back at him, whether he intended to really mean what he said or just didn't say it very well. All the attorneys with intentions of class action lawsuits or otherwise must be feeling quite a letdown that he didn't appear. So often it's less about truth and more about winning. JMO

Even then, wouldn't they have been thorough with it?

I know when the Sandy Hook Massacre happened, the killer was initially identified as Ryan Lanza, but his brother Adam Lanza who did the massacre.

I know that happened too. Omar Mateen and Elliot Rodger comes to mind.
And the Charlottesville guy, although he ran people over with a car, but he was named immediately.

May I suggest when calculating distance between locations for these purposes, use an "as the crow flies" calculator. It may take 3 miles to drive to a location that is actually 1 mile away. Here's one. http://tjpeiffer.com/crowflies.html

Very cool thanks. Seems more accurate. Although these shots were heard inside these hotels.. I wonder if that's possible to hear from Mandalay to Bellagio inside. Or if it's not possible. I'm assuming the hotels must have some soundproofing? I've never been in the situation to comment. All I know is what has been said by people actually there.

Hi Everyone,

Can we please not post GIFs anymore? For many members, especially those with older computers (me holding my hand up) it makes the thread very difficult to load.

We don't need them so please don't post them. Especially on a thread that is already very busy and very big.

Thanks,
Tricia

Yes, perhaps. But I feel for people like him --- 25 years old, probably his job pays not much above minimum wage, no prior public exposure and then suddenly getting swept into the piranha pit of everyone wanting a piece of him.

Words get twisted, bright lights and nerves but then suddenly when the litigation begins he's sitting on the witness stand with everything flung back at him, whether he intended to really mean what he said or just didn't say it very well. All the attorneys with intentions of class action lawsuits or otherwise must be feeling quite a letdown that he didn't appear. So often it's less about truth and more about winning. JMO

I agree with you.
He would be well advised to refrain from giving any interviews at all.
The hotel senior management should be the people on the hotspot.. they're the employers.
His poor head is probably fried by now..

Whoever created this drama and put him at the centre should be answerable.
Its gross exploitation to push him and sg2 forward at this stage of the game.
The time to interview both was at the beginning.. Not now when everybody is looking for someone to take the heat as they all lawyer up.

I'd like to see a lot more respect for the victims who died in horror and agony.

Can certainly understand why they are no longer in business ha!

His house was broken into . If I owned a security company and got the contract to guard the biggest mass murderer in the nations history I would kinda think:

This is not guarding a nervous elderly person who just robbed and hired me to send someone .

But this is sorta like a big deal , so I will make sure we dont eff up !

I cant think a less comforting or business a promoting news story about his house being broke into

but the real question here is who picks up a rent a cop -- FBI HS DOD CIA someone kinda from one of these agents certainly seems far more appropriately

gets sillier .

-Cariis, are you looking for this?

I've been wondering that as well, 32 flights of stairs, not going to happen in seconds.

Well, I had to go down 37 flights of stairs in an earthquake in Malaysia and it took more than twenty minutes and that is going down.

Very cool thanks. Seems more accurate. Although these shots were heard inside these hotels.. I wonder if that's possible to hear from Mandalay to Bellagio inside. Or if it's not possible. I'm assuming the hotels must have some soundproofing? I've never been in the situation to comment. All I know is what has been said by people actually there.

Somewhere I read that LE received reports of gunshots from other hotels, they investigated and the claims were unfounded.

Are these current claims of shots fired and is the information from a credible source?

Adding link:
"On the Strip outside, police officers were securing their patrol cars after reports that private citizens had been grabbing shotguns from them for protection.

Reports of shots fired at hotels north of the Mandalay — at the Luxor next door, at the Bellagio a mile up, at several others — commanded police attention. A man dressed in fatigues was tracked to an RV outside the Tropicana, and police moved in with shotguns.

The reports of gunfire in other hotels proved unfounded, the man in fatigues a harmless distraction."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...0e2e1d41e38_story.html?utm_term=.58b61b8b0843

We need to think about this

wow Delta and Seals all them agencies should be recruiting 64 yr old, fat, out of shape guys, who loves flip flops, in possible possession of Valium, who gambled all night and fatigued , who might be hungover, using less powerful guns than the delta swat guys use, able to figure out trajectories, (how he knows how many feet the 32 nd floor on a hotel is in height ), in the dark , from the 32nd floor, at angles ,in smoke filled rooms , not disoriented from noise and smoke ,

whose heart did not fail ,in a sweltering room , probably sweating to death, had the strength to hold one of them aggressive weapons ( the delta guys are i shape ), not experiencing arm muscle fatigue when what he has done for the last three decades is lift his arm halfway way up, sit on his tushie hour after hour, not setting off the sprinkler system (the carpet was fabulous dahling),somehow disable the flashing strobes on the smoke alarms.

That is one heck of an accomplishment for a 62 year old fat dude .

gun lovers here -- could you do that ?
He wasn't holding the guns. LE sources and photos showed that he had tripods set up to hold the guns. The only trajectory calculations he actually needed were to aim his weapon and if he didn't see people falling, then to make "corrections" by aiming his gun at a slightly different angle.

Somewhere I read that LE received reports of gunshots from other hotels, they investigated and the claims were unfounded.

Are these current claims of shots fired and is the information from a credible source?
I posted the police scanner further back from the night of the shooting as it happened.

but the cops came up the elevators ??

the sec guard was alledgy standing shot near the elevators

I would think a security guard would be able to ascertain if the elevators have been locked down

Only shut down the guest elevators

People who were at the concert ran into various hotels and called the police. LE wasn't certain if some of these people had witnessed gunfire in the hotel from which they were calling or if they were concert victims.

People who were at the concert ran into various hotels and called the police. LE wasn't certain if some of these people had been witnessed gunfire in the hotel from which they were calling or if they were concert victims.
Actually if you listen to the scanner and I posted the timestamp as well, a man was spotted at the employee entrance of Bellagio with a rifle. There were a few other things highlighted, I don't recall them being discredited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member