NV NV - Aidan Clune, 19, from CA, got gas at Wendover, car fnd on US-93 near Currie, 26 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2 19 year old young men missing

ELKO DAILY
ELKO – Two 19-year-olds from surrounding states remain missing in separate cases being investigated by the Elko County Sheriff’s Office.

Dylan Rounds, 19, was reported missing from Lucin, Utah, on May 25. Aidan Clune of Sonoma County, California has been missing since April 27.

2 19 year old young men missing

ELKO DAILY
ELKO – Two 19-year-olds from surrounding states remain missing in separate cases being investigated by the Elko County Sheriff’s Office.

Dylan Rounds, 19, was reported missing from Lucin, Utah, on May 25. Aidan Clune of Sonoma County, California has been missing since April 27.

Just bringing this forward.

Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds & NCIS.

Do we know why Aidan Clune traveled to this area?

The population density is so very low in this area.

2 men, both 19?

As Gibbs says, there's no such thing as a coincidence....

jmho ymmv lrr

I read he was visiting Utah and was on his way home. No reason was given. I've seen his Mom's requests for search help, saddened by the lack of responses. I hope someone steps up to help her find Aiden.

Its very concerning that Aiden along with Dylan Rounds were both the same age and missing from the same rural county a month apart. It may be a stretch to say that they are both related but the speculation is going to be there hopefully it will drive more media attention to their cases..

Its very concerning that Aiden along with Dylan Rounds were both the same age and missing from the same rural county a month apart. It may be a stretch to say that they are both related but the speculation is going to be there hopefully it will drive more media attention to their cases..
<modsnip>

Geography is hardly a connection between the two cases. Wells and Montello could not be more dissimilar. Wells is an incorporated city, there is industry in the area, there is an Elko County Sheriff's Office substation there and there is 24/7/365 LE presence, and it has a city government, a city council, and a city manager. Montello has NONE of those things.

Besides, Aidan Clune disappeared an hour south of Wells on US-93 and Montello is about 45 minutes northeast of Wells on NV-233. Clune did not go to or through Montello, and Rounds did not go to or through Wells.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read he was visiting Utah and was on his way home. No reason was given. I've seen his Mom's requests for search help, saddened by the lack of responses. I hope someone steps up to help her find Aiden.
Saddened by WHAT lack of response? Scores of people - both trained LE mantrackers and SAR civilian volunteers, mounted searchers, dogs and dog handlers, and two Civil Air Patrol squadrons have been engaged in multiple large scale searches. And all of their search movements were captured and directed by GPS-based tracking software. A more intense, concerted, protracted, and technically competent search effort wasn't even possible.

<modsnip>

Geography is hardly a connection between the two cases. Wells and Montello could not be more dissimilar. Wells is an incorporated city, there is industry in the area, there is an Elko County Sheriff's Office substation there and there is 24/7/365 LE presence, and it has a city government, a city council, and a city manager. Montello has NONE of those things.

Besides, Aidan Clune disappeared an hour south of Wells on US-93 and Montello is about 45 minutes northeast of Wells on NV-233. Clune did not go to or through Montello, and Rounds did not go to or through Wells.

Suggestion by the Elko Daily News, June 8:

jmho ymmv lrr

Suggestion by the Elko Daily News, June 8:

jmho ymmv lrr
<modsnip>

It is merely a news article by a second or third tier small town local newspaper that discusses two unrelated but concurrent missing persons searches, and the only apparent reasons the newspaper chose to discuss those two cases in the same article is because the Elko Daily is the only newspaper in Elko County and the Elko County Sheriff's Office is involved (centrally in the Clune case and secondarily in the Rounds case).

So we have two men the same age who disappeared a month apart in the same rural Nevada county.. Both of their vehicles were found... both men were also missing their shoes.. that looks bad. I hope there won't be any more missing.

I just listened to a YouTube video with an interview of Dylan Rounds' mother. She expressed frustration with the Elko County Sheriffs Department and their lack of action on this case.

Aiden Clune's case has not received as much media attention as Rounds but hopefully more outlets will pick his story up as well.

I really, really hope no more young men go missing in Elko County, Nevada. This is absolutely cause for concern in a county of 50,000 people that has seen only nineteen missing persons cases since 1974!

Last edited:
Where did Aiden go in Utah?

The report is:
According to the sheriff's office, Aidan traveled from California to Utah on April 26, 2022.

But that's not very specific, then he stopped in Wells, NV on his way home, so what was his destination in UT? Where did he go there? Did he meet someone?

So we have two men the same age who disappeared a month apart in the same rural Nevada county.. Both of their vehicles were found... both men were also missing their shoes.. that looks bad. I hope there won't be any more missing.

I just listened to a YouTube video with an interview of Dylan Rounds' mother. She expressed frustration with the Elko County Sheriffs Department and their lack of action on this case.

Aiden Clune's case has not received as much media attention as Rounds but hopefully more outlets will pick his story up as well.

I really, really hope no more young men go missing in Elko County, Nevada. This is absolutely cause for concern in a county of 50,000 people that has seen only nineteen missing persons cases since 1974!

Do you see facial resemblance between the 2 young, missing, shoeless men?

(jmho my sisters & I do not look that much alike.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Do you see facial resemblance between the 2 young, missing, shoeless men?

(jmho my sisters & I do not look that much alike.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes, I do think they do have very similar facial features although Clune looks a bit more like he has a Hispanic heritage.
They are only a couple inches away from each other in height as well.

I posted just minutes ago that yet another professional, GPS-tracked search for Aidan Clune will be conducted by the Elko County Sheriff's Office SAR team on Saturday, June 18th. That search will be concurrent with a search by the local Jeep club, the Ruby Mountain Rebels, that was requested by Mr. Clune's mother.

My post was deleted because I did not include links to those searches. The unofficial search has been posted on the Facebook page entitled Elko People Reporting The News. I can't post a link because I am not on Facebook, but my wife is and showed me the post there. See for yourselves. I can't post a link to the ECSO SAR search because they consider it an ongoing LE investigation and they therefore guard their activities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back