NV NV - Aidan Clune, 19, from CA, got gas at Wendover, car fnd on US-93 near Currie, 26 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
ELKO COUNTY, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — Civil Air Patrol’s Nevada and Utah wings are assisting the Elko County Sheriff’s Office in the search of a missing California teenager.

The teenager, identified as 19-year-old Aiden Clune of Sonoma, California, was traveling westbound on I-80. His last known location was in Wendover on April 26 where it is believed that he purchased fuel at a gas station.

Authorities believe that Aiden traveled to Wells sometime afterwards.

Aiden has brown hair and eyes, weighs about 125 pounds and is 5'8''.

An aircrew from Civil Air Patrol Utah wing launched Friday morning to resume searching the rugged mountainous area in Southwest Elko County on April 29. He was last seen wearing a dark jacket and dark pants.

Authorities say the Elko County Sheriff’s Office ground search and rescue team found Aiden's vehicle, a maroon, 2007 Nisson Frontier with a damaged back bumper and duct tape on the driver's side mirror on Thursday morning near Currie on US-93. All personal belongs were inside, but there was no sign of Aiden. Man trackers worked Thursday night and followed his tracks continuing in a southwest direction.

Anyone with information about Aiden's whereabouts is asked to contact the Elko County Sheriff's Office dispatch at 775-777-7300.

279056458_354529330032933_6843621847647218996_n.jpg

Search underway in Elko County for missing California teenager

Based on the information, it sounds like Aiden was traveling back towards Sonoma along I-80, but for some reason headed south to Currie when he hit US-93.
If Currie was a planned stop / destination, it would have been much more direct to take US-93 from West Wendover, which would have taken him just over an hour. Instead he continued along 1-80 to Wells (approx. 1 hour) and then south on US-93 (another hour) to reach Currie where his vehicle was found.

I wonder if he was returning from an extended trip or this was a "day-trip" type scenario. Reports don't indicate what personal belongings were discovered in his truck; ie. luggage etc.

When they say his belongings were found in his car, I presume that includes his phone as well?

And yes, someone else also asked if his car broken down in some way. I'd like to know that too. Were the keys still in the ignition?

Aidan Clune of Sonoma County is believed to have purchased fuel at a gas station in West Wendover on Wednesday evening before traveling to Wells. His mother believes his 2007 Nissan pickup may have broken down.

The vehicle was found along U.S. Highway 93 south of Wells. Sheriff’s offices in Elko and White Pine counties have been searching the area where his footprints led into the wilderness.

626c232e8c4ee.image.jpg

Search continues for missing California man

Oh-oh:(.

There have just been too many of these incidents where young men go missing after solo road trips/car accidents.

Just lately, there seem to be one or two a month, and they rarely have a positive outcome.

But really, I just can't work out why this kind of thing keeps happening. It's mysterious.

Wendover is a an area of low population density. If that vehicle damage is new, intentional impact is likely.

It was stated the the rear bumper was damaged, but the side mirror had duct tape around it.
So, did he try to repair the mirror after an accident....or is it old damage from a previous one?

Precise details are very scant in this case, but they're important as it could help ascertain whether he is injured and wandered off, confused....or he was involved in malevolent behaviour and may have been abducted.

If you do a Google search on this boy, you get only four independent hits:
- My4News, the NBC affiliate in Reno, NV
- KOLO8News, the ABC affiliate in Reno, NV
- 2News - KTNV in Reno, NV
- Elko Daily Free Press, Elko, NV
All other hits are secondary to Elko Daily Free Press.
No hits out of this boy's home state of California, and he is not in the California Attorney General's missing person database.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back