Found Deceased NV - Amari Nicholson, 2, Las Vegas east of strip, 5 May 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAY 14, 2021
Man charged in 2-year-old Amari Nicholson's murder case facing additional charges | Las Vegas Local Breaking News, Headlines | fox5vegas.com
His next court appearance is set for May 17 before Judge Harmony Letizia. An additional hearing is set for May 18.

I-Team: A closer look at the Amari Nicholson case | KLAS (8newsnow.com)
[...]

Murphy: “Was there ever a point before his arrest where you didn’t believe him?”

Nicholson: “No, not necessarily didn’t believe, just started being more aware of the signs, until on Wednesday, when we went to Metro.”

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson says investigators have found no evidence to believe Nicholson committed a crime.

“At this point, the information that’s been provided to me by the authorities is that she didn’t lie,” he told the I-Team. “And although some may question some of the judgements and decisions that she made, that doesn’t rise to the level of criminal behavior.”

[...]

I feel like there should be laws against leaving your children with known violent offenders who have no relationship to the child How many times do we have to keep reading about boyfriends killing beautiful children? Its neglect and failure to protect on the mothers part and it should be criminal imo

I feel like there should be laws against leaving your children with known violent offenders who have no relationship to the child How many times do we have to keep reading about boyfriends killing beautiful children? Its neglect and failure to protect on the mothers part and it should be criminal imo
I know that charges and laws are different state to state, but in a case I am very personally familiar with, a mother received two felony charges of “failure to protect” when the father abused two of their children (to within an inch of their lives). She had never laid a hand on them, and did what she could to get them out but the father was very controlling and had ways to stop her from getting out of the house (she had no phone, car, no contact with outside world). When she finally was able to get them to a doctor, the abuse was discovered and they were immediately removed from their custody. After all was said and done, she received 10 years of prison time (5 years for each charge). So... I’d say there are definitely laws against putting or leaving children in harmful or bad situations... at least in my state. Of course, all in my own experience and opinion.

Who can even wrap their head around this? There are so many questions here. Was Amari being held "hostage" for her to come back? Well, a quick trip to the police station would have ended that, in a heartbeat, especially with TR being a felon, and not a blood relative.

Or even a phone call, for a "well child" check. Tell the police the situation, and get CPS involved.

There is something missing here.

Who can even wrap their head around this? There are so many questions here. Was Amari being held "hostage" for her to come back? Well, a quick trip to the police station would have ended that, in a heartbeat, especially with TR being a felon, and not a blood relative.

Or even a phone call, for a "well child" check. Tell the police the situation, and get CPS involved.

There is something missing here.

Phone records will play a big part in this. I still think the reason she didn’t bring amari to Colorado is because he had injuries she couldn’t explain to her mom. <modsnip: If you can't link it, don't mention it.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine getting up every morning and having to look at the name of the man that MURDERED your son tattooed on your neck ..

And then look at the face of your baby tattooed on your arm

I noticed she hides her arm tattoo of Amari’s face in every interview
Why would she hide the tattoo, but wear a shirt with his picture on it?

IMO, It wasn’t just CPS that dropped the ball. I’m sure TR had a probation officer who was supposedly making sure he was looking for jobs and staying off drugs, which obviously didn’t happen. I also suspect TN was getting ADC and possibly other gov benefits, which prohibits her from living with a guy. Right? Its infuriating to see how how our tax dollars are wasted with these agencies, not to mention how their lack of due diligence ultimately cost that poor child his life.

It wouldn’t look like that if it was fresh in the last couple of weeks but it’s not that old. It’s a beautiful tattoo. It wouldn’t have come cheap.

I have a large back of the shoulder tattoo that was done in gray scale. Cost me $1000

I really don’t understand cases like this. Whether you’re living with a dog or a child, you know there’s going to be accidents. Broken treasures, urine, damaged furniture - that’s just part of the package. Even if a kid intentionally soils something (not the case here - he was 2), it’s parenting 101 to “ignore the bad, praise the good.”

Poor kid must have been so scared and confused.

I really don’t understand cases like this. Whether you’re living with a dog or a child, you know there’s going to be accidents. Broken treasures, urine, damaged furniture - that’s just part of the package. Even if a kid intentionally soils something (not the case here - he was 2), it’s parenting 101 to “ignore the bad, praise the good.”

Poor kid must have been so scared and confused.

TN was not fit to be a parental figure, let alone to have a small child left alone in his care. He’s a two-time convicted felon so there is obviously something very wrong with him. <Modsnip> I hope this is a death penalty case.

Last edited by a moderator:
TN was not fit to be a parental figure, let alone to have a small child left alone in his care. He’s a two-time convicted felon so there is obviously something very wrong with him. <Modsnip> I hope this is a death penalty case.

Oddly, so few of these cases are death penalty. Seems like there is little to no value placed on the victim, his "status" in society when the punishment for the criminal who killed him is reduced to some ridiculous plea agreement.

Let's hope for a better outcome. I would like to see mandatory sentences for killing a child. Because some of the sentences have been absolutely crazy.

MAY 17, 2021
Terrell Rhodes, accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson, arraignment delayed (ktnv.com)
Terrell Rhodes, the man accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson, was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning ahead of a planned press conference where the young boy's family say they want to thank the Las Vegas community for their love and support.

However, officials say Rhodes has been quarantined and did not make that scheduled court appearance His attorneys asked arraignment be delayed two weeks.

Rhodes is currently being held without bail and his next hearing is scheduled for June 1 at 8 a.m.

[...]

Suspect in death of 2-year-old Amari Nicholson misses court due to COVID-19 quarantine | Crime | fox5vegas.com
Rhodes didn't appear in court Monday due to jail COVID-19 quarantine restrictions, Judge Harmony Letizia said.

Letizia said Rhodes would be held without bail until his arraignment in two weeks, on June 1.

Last edited:
MAY 17, 2021
Amari Nicholson’s family holds news conference, honors toddler with balloon release | KLAS (8newsnow.com)
The family of Amari Nicholson is holding a news conference Monday afternoon to thank the community for the support it has shown since the boy’s disappearance.

[...]

The family continues to seek justice for the child’s murder. Their news conference will be held at 1:30 p.m. across the street from the Siegel Suites on Twain.

Nevada Child Seekers says the family will honor Amari with a balloon release.

MAY 17, 2021
Terrell Rhodes, accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson, arraignment delayed (ktnv.com)
Terrell Rhodes, the man accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson, was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning ahead of a planned press conference where the young boy's family say they want to thank the Las Vegas community for their love and support.

However, officials say Rhodes has been quarantined and did not make that scheduled court appearance His attorneys asked arraignment be delayed two weeks.

Rhodes is currently being held without bail and his next hearing is scheduled for June 1 at 8 a.m.

[...]

Also see: Hearing for man accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson delayed | KSNV (news3lv.com)

Sounds like he has covid?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!