NV - Andreas Probst, 64, Police Chief (Ret), Cyclist killed by intentional hit & run, Las Vegas, 14 Aug ‘23 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ayala has a long criminal history in the juvenile system, according to 8 News Now, while Keys was placed in the child welfare system at eight years old.

Keys' mother was charged with five counts of child abuse in 2016 after cops found her five children - aged two to nine - home alone without access to food, a knife left on the kitchen counter, and the house in a poor condition, according to the channel.

Police said they also tied the teens to at least three hit-and-run incidents the same day. They believe the slaying of Probst, a former police chief in Bell, California, ended the spree.
Mother of teen charged with murdering LA police chief speaks out
two bored teens going nowhere. Now they have somewhere to go. Jail.
And Keys’ mother is the one (in a previous news article I linked above) who is blaming the media for creating a false narrative about her son, who was caught on his own video encouraging murder. In my opinion, and backed by court records, she has failed this child and his siblings for years.

And Keys’ mother is the one (in a previous news article I linked above) who is blaming the media for creating a false narrative about her son, who was caught on his own video encouraging murder. In my opinion, and backed by court records, she has failed this child and his siblings for years.
It is parents like this that raise children to be sociopaths or psychopaths- no conscience- little cold-blooded killers- social media plays a large role as well. These little wretches told the cops they were going to get slaps on the wrist and be out of jail in 30 days- i guess not- There are no words for the horror wrought upon a good and decent man and his family---I believe there are other victims of these two. ugh

Thankful they are going to be charged as adults !! :mad:
So angry at the callousness displayed by the perp and the one filming it, both during --and after-- the murder of Andreas.

The photos of Andreas are heartbreaking, he looked like a gentle soul.
Rest in peace, sir !
My utmost condolences to his grieving loved ones.

Sounds like they ran into other people as well, but not fatally ?
Still, what agonizing pain to be struck and mowed down by a vehicle.
I can't imagine.
Hope they're healing, physically and emotionally.
Omo.

It is parents like this that raise children to be sociopaths or psychopaths- no conscience- little cold-blooded killers- social media plays a large role as well. These little wretches told the cops they were going to get slaps on the wrist and be out of jail in 30 days- i guess not- There are no words for the horror wrought upon a good and decent man and his family---I believe there are other victims of these two. ugh
I have never understood why parents aren't held responsible for the things their children do. Kids don't learn these behaviors in a vacuum, and it's my feeling that if you can't commit to raising a decent human being then you should be punished for creating these monsters that are turned loose on the rest of society. If you have a dog that isn't supervised and bites someone, you can be held liable -- why can't you be held liable for creating a sociopath? Boy, this makes me so angry!!

I have never understood why parents aren't held responsible for the things their children do. Kids don't learn these behaviors in a vacuum, and it's my feeling that if you can't commit to raising a decent human being then you should be punished for creating these monsters that are turned loose on the rest of society. If you have a dog that isn't supervised and bites someone, you can be held liable -- why can't you be held liable for creating a sociopath? Boy, this makes me so angry!!
There is that case in Michigan where Ethan Crumbley's parents are facing trial and being held responsible for his crime. I believe the parents case is being appealed so we shall see where that goes. It would be a precedent setting case and if allowed to proceed to trial I think we will see other cases like it, where parents are held accountable, at least in some cases, for the actions of their chldren.

Police had previously said they also tied the teens to at least three hit-and-run incidents the same day.
The teen is accused of intentionally striking Probst with the
stolen Hyundai Elantra as he was riding his bicycle down an empty highway in the northwest of the city at around 6am on August 14

They also found a second video of a Kia Soul driving into another cyclist, with the footage seemingly recorded by Ayala who appeared to be the passenger of the car.
The victim suffered a knee injury from the crash but survived, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Red bolding mine.

Hoping for a good long stint behind bars for this vile pair.
Adding grand theft auto, maybe 25-30 ?
My opinion at this time is that even given their young ages, rehabilitation may never happen.
I think they're broken beyond repair.

The laws don't work that way of course, they won't get lwop -- but if they're ever let out, I wouldn't want them living next to me.
I'd be terrified for my safety and that of my families.
Omo.

Police had previously said they also tied the teens to at least three hit-and-run incidents the same day.
The teen is accused of intentionally striking Probst with the
stolen Hyundai Elantra as he was riding his bicycle down an empty highway in the northwest of the city at around 6am on August 14

They also found a second video of a Kia Soul driving into another cyclist, with the footage seemingly recorded by Ayala who appeared to be the passenger of the car.
The victim suffered a knee injury from the crash but survived, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Red bolding mine.

Hoping for a good long stint behind bars for this vile pair.
Adding grand theft auto, maybe 25-30 ?
My opinion at this time is that even given their young ages, rehabilitation may never happen.
I think they're broken beyond repair.

The laws don't work that way of course, they won't get lwop -- but if they're ever let out, I wouldn't want them living next to me.
I'd be terrified for my safety and that of my families.
Omo.
IMO they are young psychopaths! vile doesn't begin to describe these two-- I hope they get the longest prison sentence possible- there are going to be a lot of charges so that should ensure a long prison sentence if they are found guilty (can't imagine they won't be found guilty)-- they actually thought they were going to get away with it or get a very short prison sentence. God forbid. One of them is 18 and should receive LWOP- the other is 16 and will probably not receive LWOP----but you never know- it is possible that Ethan Crumbley could get LWOP- he will be sentenced in December.

It's a nurture vs nature argument and unless parents are found to have done something wrong that directly led to the crime, they should not be held responsible for what (almost adult) kids do. JMO.

It's a nurture vs nature argument and unless parents are found to have done something wrong that directly led to the crime, they should not be held responsible for what (almost adult) kids do. JMO.
One of the mothers of the perps sounds like she is defending his actions ?
After all, the perps did make a video doc. of both hit and runs.
Not much more proof needed; imo.
Also add vehicle theft.
:(
The media is just reporting it, not (paraphrased from link) : "...portraying inaccuracies".

Keys' mother vowed that his 'side of the story' will be told, branding it as 'the truth', rather than the
'inaccuracies the media will try to portray.'

Ayala has a long criminal history in the juvenile system, according to 8 News Now, while Keys was placed in the child welfare system at eight years old.

Red bolding mine.
Wonder why Keys was removed from his mother's care ?

Ayala has a criminal past in the juvie system, for how many years ?
This makes it more likely there was some lack of nurture in both of the teens' lives ?
In some cases, the parent(s) is partly responsible.
Omo.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. This lack of accountability and/or responsibility is detrimental to society. If nature is what is causing these behaviors, then there should be some sort of control in place to protect the public from those violent behaviors instead of waiting for them to commit enough crimes and hurt/kill enough people to finally win a brief prison sentence. Those of us at the mercy of these people are completely over it. No one should have to suffer the financial loss of having their car stolen by some puke whose mama thought he was too special to discipline, and then suffer the guilt of knowing that car was used to kill someone in cold blood. The only person who should be a casualty of bad parenting is the parent themselves.

ETA: MOO

Agreed completely.

Most times, rotten people raise rotten kids.
But then other times, good, decent people also raise kids who just choose to be rotten, despite the way they were raised.
I'm pretty sure most of us know families where this is the case.
It's usually a real heartbeak for the parents, as well.

I'm glad it's not an across the boards thing to blame the parent for the kid's behavior.

jmo

One of the mothers of the perps sounds like she is defending his actions ?
After all, the perps did make a video doc. of both hit and runs.
Not much more proof needed; imo.
Also add vehicle theft.
:(
The media is just reporting it, not (paraphrased from link) : "...portraying inaccuracies".

Keys' mother vowed that his 'side of the story' will be told, branding it as 'the truth', rather than the
'inaccuracies the media will try to portray.'

Red bolding mine.
Wonder why Keys was removed from his mother's care ?

Ayala has a criminal past in the juvie system, for how many years ?
This makes it more likely there was some lack of nurture in both of the teens' lives ?
In some cases, the parent(s) is partly responsible.
Omo.

None of that means parents are responsible for the actions of the kids, IMO

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. This lack of accountability and/or responsibility is detrimental to society. If nature is what is causing these behaviors, then there should be some sort of control in place to protect the public from those violent behaviors instead of waiting for them to commit enough crimes and hurt/kill enough people to finally win a brief prison sentence. Those of us at the mercy of these people are completely over it. No one should have to suffer the financial loss of having their car stolen by some puke whose mama thought he was too special to discipline, and then suffer the guilt of knowing that car was used to kill someone in cold blood. The only person who should be a casualty of bad parenting is the parent themselves.

ETA: MOO

Well, that isn't how our laws work, with good reason. There is no way to prove that bad parenting caused a murderer. Plenty of good parents who did nothing wrong raise killers or rapists or shoplifters. There is a control in place to protect the public -- jails and prisons. Short of that, we can't lock up the parents of every criminal.

JMO

The parent of one of the perp in this case should not be defending his actions, imo.
Some cases it's nurture, but there can be a variety of factors ?

Agreed completely.

Most times, rotten people raise rotten kids.
But then other times, good, decent people also raise kids who just choose to be rotten, despite the way they were raised.
I'm pretty sure most of us know families where this is the case.
It's usually a real heartbeak for the parents, as well.

I'm glad it's not an across the boards thing to blame the parent for the kid's behavior.

jmo
Bbm.
That is certainly true.
Thank you for pointing that out.

I do hope Andreas and the first man they ran over get justice !!
So sad for Andreas' family.
Hoping the first man is healing physically and emotionally from his injuries.
He may never be brave enough to ride a bike outside in the bike path again.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back