NV NV - Donnis Redman, 14, & Michael Griffin, 18, Las Vegas, 1 March 1958

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I don't think either of them made it to Arizona. If they really were seen in Las Vegas, I doubt they went much further. I suspect they were carjacked in or near Las Vegas and the carjacker drove the car to and abandoned it near Williams, Arizona. Two naive kids would have been easy prey for a criminal. Also, it seems like Donnis had a good relationship with her mother as she told her mother their plans.

I found this Jane Doe who could be Pinky but it might be an automatic rule out since DNA is available in both cases. Can someone let me know if both DNA samples are in CODIS?
Facial Approximation
ALT TXT

I will list her last known location as Williams, AZ as that is where Mike's car was found. I'm trying a new format of table without the 4th column:
Tuscon Jane Doe (1965) UP7228Pinky Marie Redman MP1475
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age16-2014
HeightEstimated 5'3"5'2"
WeightUnknown105lbs
Hair ColorUnknownBlond/Strawberry
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesLower Jaw undeveloped on right side causing mouth to close crooked.Unknown/None
D.O.D or D.L.C1960-1964March 1, 1958
CircumstancesFound in desert are outside Tucson.Went missing with her boyfriend, Mike Griffin.
DistanceWilliams-Tucson286miles (4hr 13min)
I honestly can't tell if Pinky had a similar jaw development issue. Let me know what you think though!

I found this Jane Doe who could be Pinky but it might be an automatic rule out since DNA is available in both cases. Can someone let me know if both DNA samples are in CODIS?
Facial Approximation
ALT TXT

I will list her last known location as Williams, AZ as that is where Mike's car was found. I'm trying a new format of table without the 4th column:
Tuscon Jane Doe (1965) UP7228Pinky Marie Redman MP1475
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age16-2014
HeightEstimated 5'3"5'2"
WeightUnknown105lbs
Hair ColorUnknownBlond/Strawberry
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesLower Jaw undeveloped on right side causing mouth to close crooked.Unknown/None
D.O.D or D.L.C1960-1964March 1, 1958
CircumstancesFound in desert are outside Tucson.Went missing with her boyfriend, Mike Griffin.
DistanceWilliams-Tucson286miles (4hr 13min)
I honestly can't tell if Pinky had a similar jaw development issue. Let me know what you think though!
Here is the Tucson Jane Doe Thread:

I would really love to know how Pinky was "ruled out" as Little Miss X. I can't find any information on this front and they do not have the same identifiers. If anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it.

I would really love to know how Pinky was "ruled out" as Little Miss X. I can't find any information on this front and they do not have the same identifiers. If anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it.
They ruled her out on physical characteristics. Pinky was light/fair skinned while LE believed Little Miss X was darker skinned. Pinky also had blonde hair while the hair retrieved from the site of Little Miss X's body was brown. Other than that, they have no way to rule her out. The only women who have been conclusively ruled out are probably Mary Begay and Carol Batterman, both ruled out by dentals. I am unsure if Connie Smith is ruled out or not as I believe the dentals were ruled as "inconclusive".

They ruled her out on physical characteristics. Pinky was light/fair skinned while LE believed Little Miss X was darker skinned. Pinky also had blonde hair while the hair retrieved from the site of Little Miss X's body was brown. Other than that, they have no way to rule her out. The only women who have been conclusively ruled out are probably Mary Begay and Carol Batterman, both ruled out by dentals. I am unsure if Connie Smith is ruled out or not as I believe the dentals were ruled as "inconclusive".
Well, that rule-out hardly sounds certain, especially since Pinky could have dyed her hair and the skin color is just an estimate.

Something that may be quite unlikely, but could it be Michael? Apparently everything seems to match either in Age (since Michael would have been around 72 years old and the unidentified man was between 75 and 85 years old, still not that far from the age that Michael would have been at that time), also in that the unidentified man apparently lived in Tucson, Arizona before moving to Salem, Indiana and it is known that Michael and Donnis Redman were going to Las Vegas possibly to elope but Mike's car was found in Williams, Arizona, and he was The last thing I would like to mention is that the unidentified man had "Pinky" tattooed on his left forearm and we all know that Donnis Redman's nickname was Pinky.

3652UMIN

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I would like to know what you think about this.

Something that may be quite unlikely, but could it be Michael? Apparently everything seems to match either in Age (since Michael would have been around 72 years old and the unidentified man was between 75 and 85 years old, still not that far from the age that Michael would have been at that time), also in that the unidentified man apparently lived in Tucson, Arizona before moving to Salem, Indiana and it is known that Michael and Donnis Redman were going to Las Vegas possibly to elope but Mike's car was found in Williams, Arizona, and he was The last thing I would like to mention is that the unidentified man had "Pinky" tattooed on his left forearm and we all know that Donnis Redman's nickname was Pinky.

3652UMIN

That's very interesting.

3652UMIN

Honestly, I was pretty unconvinced until I saw he had Pinky tattooed on him. It could be a match.

Hi there. Did you find any trace about Donnis may be of mixed race....Lot's of people registered as missing, even though they were of mixed race....went into the system as Caucasian...because that meant LE was going to be searching harder (I'm sorry, it is what it is, it was like that in the "old days") To be honest...f.i. Native Americans are still struggling with getting attention for their missing and murdered, until this very day.

I just don't seeing Donnis being of mixed race...but I don't know....

Hi, I know sometimes the DNA can upset the applecart when it shows mixed race markers but we know that many people who have 'passed' as Caucasian can repress their origins for obvious reasons. Here's a case in Canada of a woman who was murdered. She has Inuit heritage but never in a million years would someone consider that info when finding a deceased person who was recognizable. Here's a link to her story:

So I don't discard the possibility that the DNA can contradict the physical appearance of an individual. There's so many people out there whose physical characteristics bely their heritage.

One of the odd things I find on Michael's profile is the car. On Charley Project and Namus it's identified as a 1950 or 1951 Dodge Clipper with twin exhausts and mufflers. The thing is I don't find any record of a vehicle by that name from Dodge. I do see images of a vehicle called a Clipper but it's a Packard vehicle. It's typical of that era, a huge boat of a car. I've seen a white 1951 Dodge which would attract attention of the younger generation. Probably the film Rebel Without a Cause created interest in older vehicles. If it was all tricked out with double mufflers and exhausts I could see it being targeted for theft. Could it be a 1941 instead of a 1951 vehicle?

One of the odd things I find on Michael's profile is the car. On Charley Project and Namus it's identified as a 1950 or 1951 Dodge Clipper with twin exhausts and mufflers. The thing is I don't find any record of a vehicle by that name from Dodge. I do see images of a vehicle called a Clipper but it's a Packard vehicle. It's typical of that era, a huge boat of a car. I've seen a white 1951 Dodge which would attract attention of the younger generation. Probably the film Rebel Without a Cause created interest in older vehicles. If it was all tricked out with double mufflers and exhausts I could see it being targeted for theft. Could it be a 1941 instead of a 1951 vehicle?
I think you are right about the Clipper. Strange that the authorities never picked that up.

Dodge's 1940s lineup included the following vehicles:
  • Dodge Luxury Liner Deluxe D14 (1940)
  • Dodge Luxury Liner Deluxe Custom D19 (1941)
  • Dodge Deluxe D22 (1942)
  • Dodge Custom D24 (1946-1948)
  • Dodge Power Wagon (1946 +)
  • Dodge B-Series Truck (1948+)
  • Dodge Coronet (1949+)
  • Dodge Meadowbrook (1949+)
  • Dodge Wayfarer (1949+)

3652UMIN

Here is John Doe's thread:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonecold
Back