Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just wanted to say a big thank you to you all if it was not for you i would not have set up the facebook page and i would not have made contact KIM QUINLAN nor the det in the case and Sherrlynn's case would have just remained pushed under the carpert . Because of you all and what a good job you all do here it gave me the idear to do somthing .

What most people do not know is that when she went missing she was just treated like a run away there was a one line artical in the news paper and that was it she was pushed to the bottom of the pile . The question was asked yesterday why is the no reward offered and the reply from the police spokes person was this we only offer a reward where we think foul play is involved....now with all the reporters asking questions they are taking DNA after all this time!!!!
So much more could have done but was not . So I thank you all for what you are doing here keep up the wonderful work you are all doing ....

here is the link to my facebook page we are just a small group but to get bigger

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=48&uid=111068052276427#!/group.php?gid=111068052276427

I received the news from Rick Jones today--Sherrlynn Mitchell is NOT a match!

Good morning Cindy, well, we knew the news would be one way or the other. A positive ID makes it a hollow victory as then the family has no hope their loved one will return and a negative ID means that we have to keep searching. The news came back that per nuclear STR DNA on Sherrlyn Mitchell it is NOT a match to our Jane "Arroya Grande" Doe. The best news about this is that her DNA will be placed in the database once the mitochondria testing is completed. Hopefully that also means that it will be placed into the CODIS Data Base in the US also. I am checking on that.

THANK YOU for all you have done on this case. Unfortunately it was not the news we wanted but Sherrlyn's mother was glad it was not a match as she still has hope her daughter will return.

I know I don't have to say this, but please keep searching.

Take care

Rick

If this is what it took to get LE to pay attention to this case, then it was worth it, even if it turned out to be a rule-out.

It was mentioned on Sherrlyn's facebook page that they only found out now that Sherrlyn made contact with a "Constable Honey" back in 1974, indicating that she was fine and did not want contact with her family. But Constable Honey did not notify the family about this contact.

It was only because of the media attention caused by this possible match that this information was brought to light.

The prevailing LE theory about AG Jane Doe is that she was a run-a-way. It is possible that she could have even been from an orphanage or teen home. They speculate that she could have been a troubled teen (maybe in and out of foster homes) and eventually just took off. Maybe initially someone looked for her, but over time and as she would have reached legal age, the search would have stopped. The desert roadside where she was found was at the time along a main trucking route. It is easy to imagine that she could have caught a ride from anywhere along this thruway - she could be from anywhere. She simply could have accepted a ride from the wrong driver and met this horrible fate.

Dumping for my friends at Clark County Coroner's Office.
October 5, 1980 (thirty years ago today) this beautiful child was found along side a desert road in Henderson, Nevada. Despite extensive publicity and excellent detective work her identify is known only to our LORD.
Praying for the answer...

I did not see this missing person, Nadine O'Dell on the rule out or pending lists. Nadine disappeared from Inkster, MI on Aug 16, 1974 and was about 15 at the time.

height was 5'1" and she weighed 105 lbs. had what looks like red hair but described as blonde/strawberry hair and green eyes.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2489/2/

That looks like a fairly good resemblance.

A couple of things appear different to me, particularly the chins (and the crease between lower lip and chin). AGJD's crease is right at the lower lip, and Nadine shows a space between her lip and the crease.

Their noses look a little different, but that could be a combination of lighting and tilt. Also, in the postmortem, I don't think the white on her nose is a llight reflection. It appears to me to be a contact point with the ground, causing a white spot, surrounded by lividity. This could cause the shape of her nose to appear different than it is.

This is minor stuff though, and I would think the similarities are good enough that she is worth a look.

Hello to all of you who have worked so hard to help identify this young lady.

I want to ask you to review the case of Julie Hill. I will attach Julie's photo and The Charley Project link below for your reference. Julie's physical description is close to Arroyo Grande Jane Doe's. Julie was 5 feet 3 inches; AGJD ia listed at 62 inches. Julie was about to turn 21; AGJD is estimated to have been between 14-25. The weight is a bit off (Julie was 135 lbs in July '80; AGJD was measured as 103lbs in Oct '80). The timing is not perfect, but good...Julie disappeared during the July 4th weekend of 1980; AGJD was discovered on Oct 5th 1980. When Julie disappeared, her then boyfriend (Donald Louis Bloomer) told different stories about where she was, i.e. she became a prostitute and moved to Vegas was a common story he told friends. There was not an extensive search done in 1980, in fact she wasn't reported missing by family until Jul 18, 1980. Police thought she had left of her own free will and did not pursue the case. Bloomer even faked a Christmas card that he said Julie sent him and showed it to her family - it wasn't Julie's handwriting. In 2005, Bloomer confessed to killing Julie in a shooting accident at his home. He told LE that he buried Julie in the woods along Highway 1 west of his MN home. Neither LE nor Julie's family believed any of his many versions of events that lead to Julie's death nor has Bloomer ever lead LE to the supposed burial site - they are suspect of Bloomer's lies and his inability to locate this burial spot. Bloomer plead guilty to manslaughter charges relating to Julie's death and served 3 years - he was released in 2006-7.
Take a look at this case and Julie's photo from The Charley Project - Specific info for Julie is missing from the data bases that I have searched. For instance, there is no mention if dental records are available, nor can even find an eye color identified for Julie. Would appreciate your thoughts. Do you think there's any potential as a match in these two cases?
Thanks for taking a good look at this -

hill_julie.jpg

hill_julie.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hill_julie.html

Hello to all of you who have worked so hard to help identify this young lady.

I want to ask you to review the case of Julie Hill. I will attach some links below for your reference. Julie's physical description is close to Arroyo Grande Jane Doe's. Julie was 5 feet 3 inches; AGJD ia listed at 62 inches. Julie was about to turn 21; AGJD is estimated to have been between 14-25. The weight is a off (Julie was 135 lbs in July '80; AGJD was measured as 103lbs in Oct '80). Julie disappeared during the July 4th weekend of 1980; AGJD was discovered on Oct 5th 1980. When Julie disappeared, her then boyfriend (Donald Louis Bloomer) told different stories about where she was, i.e. she became a prostitute and moved to Vegas was a common story he told friends. There was not an extensive search done in 1980, in fact she wasn't reported missing until Jul 18, 1980. Police thought she had left of her own free will and did not pursue the case. He even faked a Christmas card that Bloomer said Julie sent him and showed it to her family - it wasn't Julie's handwriting. In 2005, he confessed to killing Julie in a shooting accident at his home. He told LE that he buried Julie in the woods along Highway 1 west of his MN home. Neither LE nor her family believed his versions of events that lead to Julie's death nor has Bloomer ever lead LE to the supposed burial site. Bloomer pled guilty to manslaughter charges relating to Julie's death and served 3 years - he was released in 2006-7.
Take a look at this case and Julie's photo from The Charley Project - there is no mention of dental records or eye color for Julie mentioned. Do you think there's any potential as a match in these two cases?
Thanks for taking a good look at this -

hill_julie.jpg

hill_julie.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hill_julie.html

I don't see the resemblance on this one.

The ID channel had a 1-hour story on Julie's case that I watched a few months ago. While I don't necessarily believe Bloomer's story that the circumstances of him killing Julie were accidental (He came up with some story about accidentally shooting her through the forehead as she was coming down the stairs of his home), I do believe that he shot Julie (whether intentionally or not) and buried her remains somewhere in the Minnesota woods. He had a little rhyme that he used to say to his subsequent girlfriends that went something like "Julie Julie on the hill, you tried to leave but never will."

I don't see the resemblance on this one.

The ID channel had a 1-hour story on Julie's case that I watched a few months ago. While I don't necessarily believe Bloomer's story that the circumstances of him killing Julie were accidental (He came up with some story about accidentally shooting her through the forehead as she was coming down the stairs of his home), I do believe that he shot Julie (whether intentionally or not) and buried her remains somewhere in the Minnesota woods. He had a little rhyme that he used to say to his subsequent girlfriends that went something like "Julie Julie on the hill, you tried to leave but never will."

That is very creepy (Julie Julie on the hill, you tried to leave but never will). Who shoots someone coming down the stairs? What is the ID channel?

That is very creepy (Julie Julie on the hill, you tried to leave but never will). Who shoots someone coming down the stairs? What is the ID channel?

ID is Investigation Discovery. It's a full time true crime stories channel. They have a weekly program called "Disappeared", although Julie's story was on a different program.

Last night, they profiled Kara Kopetsky's disappearance.

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-2-kara-kopetsky.html

They also had stories about the Jameson family, Tara Grinstead, Brittanee Drexel, April Pitzer, et. al.

ID is the best channel! I'm watching it this very moment.....

To my eye, Kristy Booth looks like a good match for this UID, and she's not on the rule-out list.
/https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2928/2/

To my eye, Kristy Booth looks like a good match for this UID, and she's not on the rule-out list.
/https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2928/2/

Kristy Booth is on the list as being compared in CODIS (or other DNA database) with no positive hits.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ruled Out Unidentified Victims Rule Outs -MERGED-

Although NamUs indicates that AGJD is not in CODIS, the list provided to Nola by Henderson NV authorities references CODIS for many of their possibles. It appears that she is in CODIS, despite what is indicated in NamUs.

Was doing some research on another case and ran across this person, Theresa Louise Rains, missing 1980 from California. I searched her here, but didnt see that anyone else saw a resemblance.
Namus case: 46 Found Oct 20, 1980 Henderson Nevada.

The only big difference I see is the hair texture...could she have straightened it for her picture..did they do that in 1980?

I looked at the chin, distance between eyes...

Any comments?

Thanks.

Theresa Rains: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rains_theresa.html

UID: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/258ufnv.html

**WARNING: POST-MORTEM**
https://identifyus.org/cases/46
**WARNING: POST-MORTEM**

The UID was found October 5, 1980, per NamUs and Doe Network.

I see some facial resemblance but there's a four-inch height difference; Rains was 5'6" at the time of her disappearance and the UID was only 5'2". I know my mom said some of her classmates used to iron their hair to achieve that poker-straight look in the 60s and 70s, so I'm sure it could have been done if someone wanted to. Likewise, the UID might have curled her hair shortly before meeting with foul play.

Welcome to WS Starburst!

I very much see the resemblence you are looking at. The chin shape, is spot on....as is the timeline and location is not off either. The hts are a little off but I think so only due to it is easier to gap a difference of 3-4" on a taller than shorter person.

I'm kind of lol at tatertots hair description. My mom was of the 60's and had the bouffant hair do. I've followed cases based on timelines and watched hair styles - I think, like clothing, they seem to be 'regional' if a year is matched.

Excellent first possible match Starburst! Keep looking! Everyone has a name and we need to help them find it when they can no longer speak for themself.

Cubby

Question for Cubby and/or other veteran sleuthers...I think there's a resemblance as well. But what would be the next step for Starburst? On one hand, you want to provide law enforcement with as many tips as possible, on the other hand, you don't want them wasting their time on weak leads.
I'm just curious to know how "strong" a lead needs to be before you'd suggest submitting it to authorities.
Thanks for all your work here, Cubby!

That's a pretty strong resemblance except for height...stronger than many I've seen matched. The nose on the postmortem picture looks REALLY similar to me, the face shape is the same, they look a lot alike. It's close enough to be worth submitting.

Arroyo Grande Jane doe is listed as having a gap ("Diastema") between her upper right central incisor (#8) and her upper right lateral incisor (#7). The photo of Theresa is not very clear, but it appears that she has a gap between her upper right canine (#6) and her upper right lateral incisor (#7). Alternatively, it could be that her #6 is missing. the photo is not clear enough to know for sure.

Her #7 looks to be a little out of position and there might even be a gap there, but you can clearly see that the noticeable gap or missing tooth is on the wrong side of her #7 tooth for it to be AGJD.

It also appears to me that Theresa has broader cheekbones than AGJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne