NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The defendant’s narrative testimony continues...

@Vanessa_Murphy

Says “Holy crap!” when he says he realized the suspect vehicle was just like his.
Says he washed his cars as distraction.
Says he cut his finger while making lunch for his daughter.
Court staff trying to get pic showing cut on his finger.

Telles: I believe I would not be washing my vehicles…with serious finger injury.
Also says he wouldn’t be working out with serious finger injury.
Says he superglued the injury/finger, used scissors to cut tip of bottle, & forgot to clean blood off scissors.

Refers to search warrant being obtained, he gets pulled over on 9/7/22 after he dropped stepson to school, says officers had guns drawn on him, three police cars, scared, had no idea what was going on.
Says they yelled at him, patted him down, threw him in back of patrol car.

Says he was distraught.
Telles: I believe you heard how distraught I was about my family & wife about what they were going through.
Thought he was going to police station to give DNA, return to his vehicle & be on his way.
Learns his vehicle was towed away.

NARRATIVE TESTIMONY​

Narrative testimony attempts to tell a story about an incident or transaction without prompting by an attorney with specific questions. Whether or not to allow narrative testimony is left to the broad discretion of the trial court.{footnote}United States v. Young, 745 F.2d 733 (2d Cir. 1984).{/footnote} Most courts do not allow a witness to testify in narrative form, since opposing counsel is often denied an adequate opportunity to object before the witness says something which is inadmissable. Where narrative testimony is allowed, a prompt motion to strike is required to preserve an objection to anything inadmissable.{footnote}Silva v. Dias, 46 Cal. App. 2d 662 (1941).{/footnote}

You can generally do narrative if you're the defendant as long as you stick to the allowed topics. It's not going to help him here because the evidence is overwhelming IMO

@cathyrusson

Robert Telles is being allowed to testify in a narrative without his attorney asking any questions. I've only seen that happen with Pro Se defendants OR if an attorney knows his client is going to lie. I'm not saying that's what happened, but this is very unusual for a represented defendant to testify in the narrative.

1724289582052.png6:56 PM · Aug 21, 2024

Why is he speaking about mortgages, foreclosure, and that the extra $50K (as far as he is concerned) is due to the family? Did he forget he's the defendant in a murder trial? moo
"If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!" It looks like he's going for a true Chewbacca defense. This is the first time I've seen such a Chewbacca-y Chewbacca defense since South Park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back