NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 527363

Posted on the live updates thread:

Baffling. Telles all but brought in a vegas skywriter to paint "I DID IT!!!" in bright smoky streamers in the courtroom air. No earthly idea what the holdup might be on this one.

As always the long deliberation is worrisome, but honestly can't believe it can be any verdict but guilty.

His own lawyer might jump up to object to a hung jury,

I’m surprised the jury has so far taken as long as they have to deliberate. I said under one hour, clearly wrong.

Does anybody think the images of the “shadow” person has thrown a spanner into the mix which is causing more thought from the jury.
I can almost guarantee that is exactly what is happening. I also thought this was a slam dunk. Goes to show how risky jury trials can be. One contrarian hold out, who can identify in some odd way with RT and it’s potentially all over.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A jury resumed deliberations Tuesday--but did not reach a verdict in the trial of a former Las Vegas-area Democratic politician accused of killing an investigative journalist prosecutors say he blamed for writing stories that destroyed his career, ruined his reputation and threatened his marriage.

Robert Telles, the former elected county administrator of unclaimed estates, is standing trial for murder in the fatal stabbing of reporter Jeff German two years ago. Jurors deliberated for about four hours on Monday and began working toward a verdict again on Tuesday.

Telles “did it because Jeff wasn’t done writing,” prosecutor Christopher Hamner said during closing arguments on Monday. “It’s like connecting the dots.”

Jurors sent the judge a note late Monday asking for a court technician to show them how to zoom in on laptop video while in the jury room, then remained an hour past the usual 5 p.m. court closing time.

That came after Telles’ defense attorney, Robert Draskovich, presented a surprise image at closing arguments of a silhouette of a person who did not look like Telles driving a maroon SUV that evidence showed was key to the crime.

I just watched 'Lawyer Lee' s latest YT video on this case, regarding the jury deliberations. Paraphrasing - she pointed out that one of the jurors seemed to be considering the conspiracy theory when they asked the witness if the photos could have been air-dropped onto Telles's phone.

I just watched 'Lawyer Lee' s latest YT video on this case, regarding the jury deliberations. Paraphrasing - she pointed out that one of the jurors seemed to be considering the conspiracy theory when they asked the witness if the photos could have been air-dropped onto Telles's phone.

Sigh.

No, Jurer X, even a powerful conspiracy of a realtor agency and assorted local govt cannot AirDrop random photos onto your phone/ device without popup confirmation(s). I'd afford the same Not a Chance score to the supposedly spurious DNA under fingernails the same way.

RT exploiting the Liar's Dividend.

We’ve got a conspiracy theorist in the house…

I am surprised there has been no verdict. so much evidence in this case.

Perhaps they are being especially earnest and thoughtful in their deliberations? I would hate to think there is one hold-out that is keeping the jury from a verdict.

@prast24

I was in court yesterday for closing arguments in the murder case of investigative reporter Jeff German. Photographer
@kmcannonphoto shot a very telling image of suspect Robert Telles. We’re all awaiting verdict. Kevin, Jeff and I worked on the 4 stories that led us here.

1724864377913.png
3:00 PM · Aug 27, 2024

@prast24

I was in court yesterday for closing arguments in the murder case of investigative reporter Jeff German. Photographer
@kmcannonphoto shot a very telling image of suspect Robert Telles. We’re all awaiting verdict. Kevin, Jeff and I worked on the 4 stories that led us here.

View attachment 527467
3:00 PM · Aug 27, 2024

That picture looks like a 4-year-old who just told a whopper of a lie to his parents and is peeking upward to gauge if they bought it.

MOO.

Agreed, and appreciate all the media coverage during trial. Helps for those of us who aren't physically there at trial. For me their coverage puts you right there as if you're in the courtroom. moo

The media has been doing a lot of work this week to keep the community informed on developments at the court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back