NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Totally disagreeing with defense attny. Life or LWOP will do society NO good. Telles would never be able to be a kind, non-criminal, educated, loved KILLER again. MOO.....LWOP.
Replying to my own post. Excuse please. I should have used quotation marks. I mean society will be the beneficiary of RT being sentenced to Life or LWOP because he won't be able to threaten and harm outside prison walls. I support LWOP for this strange, evil man.

"Just after 4:30 p.m., the jury reached a verdict on the sentencing. Just before 5:00 p.m., the jury handed over its decision. Robert Telles will spend life in prison with eligibility for parole after 20 years."

A little bit of a gift to Telles but hopefully he won't ever make parole.

I assume there will now be a formal sentencing ? Can the trial judge overrule the sentencing decision ?

Last edited:
Not surprised by this sentence, which is far too lenient in this case. Life in prison with the possibility of parole is NOT Life in Prison. Also, there's unfortunately the chance that he will get out earlier. Typical.

IMO, it will play out like this if the judge doesn't step in and give him LWOP :
  • Initially he'll be placed at Ely in protective custody
  • Once moved to gen pop, he will be bullied due to his size and non-affiliation with any gang
  • NDOC will end up moving him to a min/med security facility or out-of-state for protection
  • He'll be given credit for time served already reducing the 20 years to 18 or so
  • Further good behavior credit will be given along the way moving the initial parole hearing up by a year or two
  • RT will admit guilt and it will be up to Jeff's family to plead their case to keep him in jail
  • He'll be out in 16-18 years

Sounds about right. He's obviously getting preferential treatment from Day 1 due to his former position of power -i .e., being a former politician. Very unfair, but typical.

I know next-to-nothing about what life in prison is really like (I'm not counting TV shows/movies), but my understanding is that someone in a high-profile case like this is probably not in gen pop for long. I.e., it seems like they're typically moved somewhere "safe" so they won't be as much at risk for being assaulted/killed. To me, they should suffer along with all of the other violent criminals in there - but, that's obviously not the case.

Hopefully the family of JG will fight to keep this perp. in prison.

I don't understand why the judge doesn't complete sentencing on the same day, and not waste more court time, since it is the jury's remit to decide sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back