NV NV- Jodi Marie Brewer, 19, torso found in desert, Las Vegas, August 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DS2021

Reaction score

"Jodi Brewer, 19, disappeared from Las Vegas in August 2003. Her torso was wrapped in plastic and a sheet and was found later that month in the desert near the Interstate 15 offramp to Cima Road , about 25 miles south of the Nevada-California border"

"the investigation has also expanded to Nevada, where detectives are comparing Falls’ DNA to materials found at the scene of the murder and dismemberment of several prostitutes up to a decade ago."

2003 rbbm.
Jen Lawson

''The last time Pamela Brewer saw her 19-year-old daughter Jodi Marie, the teen's newly dyed blonde hair glowed like a halo around her head.

Standing at the top of the stairs in their southwest Las Vegas condominium, she told her mother she was going out for the evening.

"She was so radiant, so beautiful that night," Brewer said. "She said, 'I love you mom' ... I told her I'd see her tomorrow.' "

But Jodi Brewer didn't come home.''

''Lt. Tom Monahan, head of Metro's homicide unit, said that "it's absolutely a logical possibility" that the killing was connected to prostitution.

"I don't think anyone would disagree that prostitution is a high-risk lifestyle," he said.

Street prostitutes live in the criminal underworld. They're often out on the streets and in the alleys and motel rooms in the worst parts of town late at night and very early in the morning, when not many witnesses are around''.

"Crackheads wait for them because they know (the prostitutes) have money," said Sgt. Gil Shannon, who is part of the Metro Police department's Stop Turning Out Child Prostitues program.''

''Metro's homicide detectives have investigated four homicides of prostitutes this year, Monahan said. That's not counting any prostitutes who might have been killed while not on duty, in domestic violence, for example, he noted.''

''Pamela Brewer, a longtime cocktail waitress, said Jodi's boyfriend dropped her Jodi off that night at the Harbor Island Club Apartments at 370 E. Harmon Ave. near Paradise Road.

He went to pick her up several hours later, but she wasn't there. A witness said Jodi got into a white car with California plates.

Two weeks later, parts of a woman's body were found in the desert 150 yards from Interstate 15 near the Mojave National Preserve, about 70 miles southwest of Las Vegas. A hummingbird tattoo was just over the left breast and an "M" with a star was on the lower back.

After reading about the discovery, Pamela Brewer called police in California and asked them if the woman had purple braces like Jodi did, she said. They told her they didn't know because all that had been found was a torso.''

“It seems to me like the area that he bought the condos in was prostitution areas and that it would have been really easy for him,” Pam Brewer, mother of 19-year-old Jodi Marie Brewer, said.

The victim’s torso was found wrapped in cloth and plastic two weeks later in the desert. Jodi Marie Brewer, who disappeared on August 14, 2003, had turned to sex work, like the Gilgo 4 victims.

“She had gone out for the night, and she said, ‘I love you mom.’ She said, ‘I’ll see you in the morning,’ and I said, ‘I love you’ to Jodi. And I never saw her again,” Pam Brewer said.

“Hearing the whole Rex thing, it’s totally different now because it gives us a little hope,” she said.

rex heuermann las vegas cold case

Since Jodi Marie Brewer, 19, was murdered in 2003, little progress in the investigation caused the case to grow cold.

A Las Vegas family believed their daughter could also be a victim of Heuermann, who owned property off the Las Vegas Strip.

Pam Brewer recalled the final conversation she had with her daughter Jodi on August 14, 2003, the night she went missing.

"She had gone out for the night, and she said, 'I love you mom.' She said, 'I’ll see you in the morning," the grieving mother told News12 Brooklyn. "I said, 'I love you' to Jodi. And I never saw her again."

Pam explained that her daughter had fallen into the wrong crowd and as a result, turned to drugs and prostitution before her murder. Heuermann's timeshare was located in a seedy part of town known for its abundance of sex workers.

"It seems to me like the area that he bought the condos in was prostitution areas and that it would have been really easy for him," Brewer's mother said.

Danielle Wingett, middle, cries as Nathalie Walker, left, and Velvette Williams comfort her whi ...

Danielle Wingett, middle, cries as Nathalie Walker, left, and Velvette Williams comfort her while talking about the memory of their friend Jodi Brewer, who was found dead after going missing at the age of 19 in 2003, on Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2023, at Lorenzi Park in Las Vegas.

Twenty years ago on Sunday, Jodi Brewer’s torso was found wrapped in plastic in the California desert off Interstate 15.

Across the country, the arrest of the suspected Long Island Serial Killer in connection with the somewhat-similar slayings of women who were sex workers — Brewer was also a sex worker, though her mother believes she was coerced into it when she was 17 and in high school — is ringing alarm bells for Brewer’s loved ones.

That, coupled with the revelation that the Long Island suspect, Rex Heuermann, has owned timeshare properties in Las Vegas since 2004, has them thinking Heuermann may have been involved in Brewer’s slaying, and they were wondering if Heuermann spent time in Vegas before records show he owned the timeshare.

“It makes me feel hopeful that something will be resolved,” Pamela Brewer, Jodi Brewer’s mother, said in an interview from her home in Oregon.

“There are similarities, but I could only just get my hopes up and cross my fingers,” said the victim’s sister Jacqueline Brewer, who was 13 when her sister died.

Because most of the victims found on Long Island were young, white women who were sex workers, comparisons have been drawn to Brewer’s death. While the three victims whose deaths Heuermann is charged in were found wrapped in burlap, and not dismembered, other victims found on or near the beach off the main road, Ocean Parkway, were dismembered. Police in Long Island have said it’s possible that one or more serial killers could be responsible.

In Las Vegas, Jodi Brewer’s case has been linked to other similar unsolved killings where the dismembered remains of young women were found off the side of the road. Brewer’s remains were found near I-15 and Cima Road, about 25 miles from the Nevada state line.

In a 2008 Review-Journal story, Las Vegas police said they were investigating possible links between the cases of women who had been sex workers who were killed or who had disappeared. They included Brewer, Lindsay Harris and Jessica Foster, as well as possibly a fourth person, Misty Saens.

Aug 30, 2023 By: Darcy Spears
''LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — This week marks a grim milestone for the family of a young Las Vegas woman whose cold case murder is now being probed for a link to the Gilgo Beach murders in Long Island, New York.

13 Investigates learned that Jodi Marie Brewer, whose body was discovered 20 years ago on Aug. 29, 2003, is among the Las Vegas sex workers whose deaths are being re-evaluated for possible connections to suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann.

The Brewer family spoke on camera for the first time to 13 Investigates.''

"She looked like Madonna when she walked out the door," said Jodi's mother, Pam. "She was so sociable. She was so easy to love. She was like the Mary Sunshine in my life."

20 years after Jodi's murder, the grief is just as raw for her mother Pam and younger sister Jaqueline.''

1693481398326.png

''Now, two decades later, Jodi's long cold case is getting a second look.

It's part of a wider effort to hunt for more possible victims of suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann, who owns a timeshare just a few miles off the Las Vegas Strip and previously owned another.

"It seems to me like the areas that he bought the condos in were prostitution areas, and that it would have been really easy for him," Pam speculated.''

Aug 2023

Murdered 20 years ago, Jodi Marie Brewer cold case gets second look
DNA to be tested for possible tie to NY serial killer suspecMurdered 20 years ago, Jodi Marie Brewer cold case gets second look
DNA to be tested for possible tie to NY serial killer suspect

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back