Found Safe NV - Jondrew Lachaux & Kellie Phillips in custody kids safe!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really really hope they will find the other five kids and the mom soon. It bothers me greatly that only this guy turned himself in. I'm not sure I want to type out where my mind is going... I hope I am just jaded from too many years on here...

If this man was charged with child abuse with substantial bodily harm against the 17 yr old, maybe THAT's the reason why the baby was unfed? Maybe she COULDN'T feed her?? What the heck did he do to these kids??? Maybe they were all left to die??

I'm thinking if the 17 year old was in bad shape, she would be in the hospital instead of juvie... but I am not so sure she wasn't a victim herself, actually I believe she most likely is. I think she didn't have any clue how to, or the means, to keep those two babies alive and well. She's probably been through a lot too.

What a horrible story.

I'm hoping the little one is going to be ok. Did the 17yr old seek medical help for her baby? Is that how they ended up in the hospital? If so, she knew something was wrong at atleast tried to seek help.
I'm seeing her as a victim in this too.

As for the mother and remaining five children, I hope they find them soon, I'm worried about the other children.

What a horrible story.

I'm hoping the little one is going to be ok. Did the 17yr old seek medical help for her baby? Is that how they ended up in the hospital? If so, she knew something was wrong at atleast tried to seek help.
I'm seeing her as a victim in this too.

As for the mother and remaining five children, I hope they find them soon, I'm worried about the other children.

Yes the 17 y/o showed up at the hospital with the infant. Information soon came out and that led to the finding of the deceased 3 y/o.

Where is the Mother and the other children? If she is also a victim of her husband that the threat should be removed from her if she knows he is now incarcerated. Sadly, I think she is hiding because she knows she was complicit in these crimes.

Heartbreaking for the ones left in the home :( THANKFULLY the other kids are okay and away from these monsters.

They left the 3 y/o and 17 y/o because there was no room in the car? WTH?

1) He is the Step-Father to the 17 y/o (higher risk than natural fathers for abuse/neglect)
2) He is being accused of raping the 17 y/o
3) She remained on her own raising the 3 y/o and pregnant - what resources were provided to her?
4) She texted her Mother and Step-Father about 3 y/o death but they didn't respond for weeks
5) Step-Father seemed to be able to find a different (2nd) means of travel since they didn't have room in the car previously
6) He covered up the death and rape/pregnancy
7) What did this guy think . . . that Mom would not notice that her 3 y/o and 17 y/o are missing?
8) Told the 17 y/o leave and don't come back (with no money or means to support self & baby)
9) This Mother was either highly controlled by him and unable to speak to/assist her 17 y/o daughter OR she chose not to

She texted them when the 3 year old died...can pay for cellphone but not formula. Who was paying cell bills and was there electric and water at the home, who was paying for that? Though I feel she is a victim and needs help and not jail time. Whole thing is disgusting.

The only silver lining to this whole ugly tragedy is the remaining 5 children will have a second chance at life. Especially the youngest ones who haven't already been too exposed.

Wasn't it reported early on there were 2 houses (ie: 1 with the deceased 3 y/o and another where the 17 y/o had been staying)? I know I got confused for awhile and just wasn't sure which.

J. Lachaux must have not gotten the vehicle out of this garage - I am assuming they found the child still in the car trunk. He was in town on 3/28 to tamper with evidence and send the girl and infant to the streets - did she spend a week without food or nutrition and the infant's health declined quickly (if unable to breast feed)?

Preliminary reports indicate Lachaux may be the father of his step-daughter’s child.

It’s believed she may have been found wandering with her infant child at McCarran Airport and taken to Sunrise Hospital.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/04/08/woman-linked-to-child-abuse-death-turns-self-in/
BBM

Wow. Several WSers here called it. That man was such a danger to his children and stepchild. So glad the 5 missing children were found safe. I hope Lachaux never sets foot outside of a prison again.

I wonder where the teen planned to go since she was found at the airport. Had someone given her money for a flight or was she trying to get to a relative's house so she could get help caring for the baby? She probably had no idea what to feed the baby or how often to feed her. Since her pregnancy was kept secret, she probably never received prenatal care. It sounds like Lachaux packed up the rest of the family to hide the teen's pregnancy from Phillips. JMO

ETA: It sounds like the teen was only at the airport to sleep. Were there no friends or neighbors she could turn to? How sad.

Mom didn't know about the pregnancy at all.
So they likely left so that would be hidden from the mother.

Where is the mother of the dead 3 year old? She is referred to as the "step sister."
So that would mean she is HIS daughter with another woman.

BBM

Wow. Several WSers here called it. That man was such a danger to his children and stepchild. So glad the 5 missing children were found safe. I hope Lachaux never sets foot outside of a prison again.

I wonder where the teen planned to go since she was found at the airport. Had someone given her money for a flight or was she trying to get to a relative's house so she could get help caring for the baby? She probably had no idea what to feed the baby or how often to feed her. Since her pregnancy was kept secret, she probably never received prenatal care. It sounds like Lachaux packed up the rest of the family to hide the teen's pregnancy from Phillips. JMO

ETA: It sounds like the teen was only at the airport to sleep. Were there no friends or neighbors she could turn to? How sad.

Considering she gave birth at home to the baby, I'm going to assume she was too humiliated to tell her friends or family about the baby at all and where it ' came from'. Can you imagine having a baby at home by yourself at age 17 with NO ONE there to help you ? God bless all of these children and this 17 yr old " adult" child as well. I pray the truth comes out. I don't think she is going to be legally responsible for the shape of the infant. Sick MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Burn in hell !

Where is the mother of the dead 3 year old? She is referred to as the "step sister."
The young girl's mother, Kellie Phillips, is also charged with child abuse with substantial bodily harm or death.
<snipped>
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28750976/report-details-how-dead-child-ended-up-in-nlv-home

I believe "the young girl" in the quote above refers to the 3-year-old. So, Phillips must be her mother, which makes the relationships confusing. I'm thinking the relationship between the toddler and teen is being misreported and they are actually half-sisters.

(ETA: oops I got confused between step and half sisters)

You bring up a good point thought, if Phillips had children from other men - I think that would greatly increase the risk of harm to those children.

She had no where to turn for help? Was she forced to keep the secret of her pregnancy to the extent she couldn't seek medical assistance for the 3 y/o, self or her infant? Did she give birth alone at home? If it took weeks to hear back from her Mother or Step-Father - how did she cope?

If true that Phillips had no clue . . . I am feeling a bit sorry for her. How could you not check in and have emotional communication with your own kids for over 8 months? Please tell me that she had no opportunity - that Lachaux controlled her to the extent she had no ability.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back