Found Safe NV - Jondrew Lachaux & Kellie Phillips in custody kids safe!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s when police found the body of the 3-year-old girl, who had apparently been dead “for at least a few weeks,” according to police.

Investigators believe the child had been dead for several days, and the teen and her baby remained in the house with the corpse until Wednesday.

Weeks or days? Just wondering if the parents went on the run before or after the child died

“She appeared to have been deceased for at least a few weeks, with no obvious cause of death” the press release stated.
“We believe that they went to California at some time and may have gone back and forth during this multiple month process when they left,” Patty said. “We are asking for the assistance of the public in locating these individuals who we believe can answer many questions on what led up to the death of this child.”

http://ktla.com/2015/04/04/parents-...ar-old-is-found-dead-in-their-las-vegas-home/

Back and forth? Multiple month process? All speculation for now but things look really bad if the 17-year-old was in the house with a deceased child for a few weeks! Was she afraid, drug-addled or perhaps mentally challenged?

I sure hope LE locates the rest of the kids soon! What made them run?

This is just horrible, and I really don't know what else to say right now, awful, just awful.

I hope the rest of the kids are ok. There's so much going on with this case that the title of the thread can't even begin to cover it. :notgood:

This is a bizarre story for sure.

Why are the parents considered "on the run"?
Is there being on the run connected to the 3 year old's death?
If they left before the 3 year old died, why did the parents leave their 3 year old with their 17 year old daughter?
Why wasn't the 17 year old daughter with her parents also?

So many unanswered questions. Hopefully more info will come out.

I'm betting the baby's father is the Dad of the 17 yr. old.

I've been here too long.

Um, what?!

Whatever is going on here, it's not going to be good.

Reports have been that the family left the area many weeks or months ago, either prior to or shortly after the 4 month was born (maybe 2 months ago?) ETA: I think I read reports that the 3 y/o is believed to have passed within the past few days.

I am thinking there may be issues of violence or weapons charges in the Father's criminal history. I wonder if the Mother to all the children is a victim of domestic violence.

Yep, and there have also been reports the child had been dead for several weeks, and in the beginning I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the parents left 'sometime' during the past few weeks or months. So it could coincide, depending who has the correct story. With the link MsMarple posted, that now says the family could have been back and forth, that makes it all the more possible... I mean surely the 17 year old would know when they left? With every new thing that gets published it seems to get more and more messy...and why die they leave the 3 year old behind??

If the parents were travelling back and forth between Las Vegas and California in the past few months, how does LE know they didn't initially take the 3-year-old with them and then something happened to the child the last time they returned home, so they fled? How do we know the parents didn't leave the teen to care for a dying child after their last trip home?

Why did LE charge the teen with the 3-year-old's death -- did she confess? Is it based on eyewitness reports from neighbors? Might the teen have given a false confession to protect her parents?

IIRC, one article stated that Kellie Phillips was staying with relatives in California when she previously disappeared, so I believe she has family there. I hope that the extended family would report anything amiss with the children. I wonder if they have questioned the whereabouts of the other 2 children.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SNIP>
Authorities suspect the couple may gone back and forth between California and Las Vegas for months as they gradually abandoned the children.

“We believe (they) can answer many questions on what led up the death of this child,” Patty told KTLA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/las-vegas-police-parents-deceased-3-year-old-article-1.2174155

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They "gradually" abandoned the children? Hmmmm. Maybe they took the teen with them on earlier trips to Cali, until she gave birth. So they probably did take the 3-year-old on earlier trips, too. Did they stop taking the child along because she was sick, injured.....?

If the parents were travelling back and forth between Las Vegas and California in the past few months, how does LE know they didn't initially take the 3-year-old with them and then something happened to the child the last time they returned home, so they fled? How do we know the parents didn't leave the teen to care for a dying child after their last trip home?

Why did LE charge the teen with the 3-year-old's death -- did she confess? Is it based on eyewitness reports from neighbors? Might the teen have given a false confession to protect her parents?

IIRC, one article stated that Kellie Phillips was staying with relatives in California when she previously disappeared, so I believe she has family there. I hope that the extended family would report anything amiss with the children. I wonder if they have questioned the whereabouts of the other 2 children.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SNIP>
Authorities suspect the couple may gone back and forth between California and Las Vegas for months as they gradually abandoned the children.

“We believe (they) can answer many questions on what led up the death of this child,” Patty told KTLA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/las-vegas-police-parents-deceased-3-year-old-article-1.2174155

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They "gradually" abandoned the children? Hmmmm. Maybe they took the teen with them on earlier trips to Cali, until she gave birth. So they probably did take the 3-year-old on earlier trips, too. Did they stop taking the child along because she was sick, injured.....?
RBBM

From what I can tell in this crazy case the 17-year-old has been charged with child abuse and neglect:

The teen is the mother of the hospitalized child and sister of the dead child, and she is being held as a juvenile on child abuse and neglect allegations, Patty said.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/nevada_teen_lived_with_dead_gi.html

And how the heck do parents "gradually" abandon their kids?

I'm betting the baby's father is the Dad of the 17 yr. old.

I've been here too long.
I was thinking the very same thing. I think what we know likely only scratches the surface of the atrocity in this case.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...-child-death-case/95t5-peExECfy9vfADaCSA.cspx
[h=1]North Las Vegas man arrested in child death case[/h]

• Images

Story.jpg

NORTH LAS VEGAS (KSNV My News 3)-- Jondrew Lachaux, 39, on Monday was arrested in connection with the death of a 3-year-old North Las Vegas girl.

Kellie Phillips, 38, and her five children are still outstanding.

Lachaux, accompanied by his attorney, surrendered to North Las Vegas police on Monday.

Lachaux was arrested for three counts of child abuse with substantial bodily harm or death in connection with the three children (ages 17, 3, and 4 months) abandoned in their North Las Vegas home, and one count of concealing evidence in connection with the death investigation of his 3-year-old daughter while in the custody of her 17-year-old half sister.

So, he knew she was dead. Ugh!! :( Now where is the mom and the other 5 kids??

also from that same link above:

Lachaux was arrested for three counts of child abuse with substantial bodily harm or death in connection with the three children (ages 17, 3, and 4 months) abandoned in their North Las Vegas home, and one count of concealing evidence in connection with the death investigation of his 3-year-old daughter while in the custody of her 17-year-old half sister.
-------------------------

the charges also apply to the 17 year old...........yes, there is going to be much more to this horror story.....god knows what ALL those children have been thru :(

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...-child-death-case/95t5-peExECfy9vfADaCSA.cspx

also from that same link above:

-------------------------

the charges also apply to the 17 year old...........yes, there is going to be much more to this horror story.....god knows what ALL those children have been thru :(

If this man was charged with child abuse with substantial bodily harm against the 17 yr old, maybe THAT's the reason why the baby was unfed? Maybe she COULDN'T feed her?? What the heck did he do to these kids??? Maybe they were all left to die??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder
Back