NV NV - Las Vegas, 'Spring Mountain Doe', WhtFem 30-45, UP6709, 'Louie', 'Riley' tattoos, May'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sent a list of possibles (gathered from everyone's suggestions on this post) and sent them to the coroner. Here's his response:

I have printed the attached and will review them with our Jane "Spring Mountain" Doe (CCOCME #09-4131) and let you know. Thanks again for all the help.

The UID is nicknamed Jane "Spring Mountain" Doe I guess I'll have to update the title.

My hope is that this woman can be identified - if she cared enough about Riley and Louie to get their names tattooed on her body, hopefully they'll care enough about her to wonder what's happened to her...

i live in the area and it might be interesting to note that right across the street from there is a small "rehabilitation" hospital for acute psychological cases. I don't want to go into detail as to how I know that but with the "cutting" on her arms they could be connected. She could have been a former patient there.

I just wanted to list this missing person with a very sparse NamUs profile in this thread: Becky Ann Cook (NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23797/38). The contact listed is from NCMEC, but I wasn't able to find any other profiles for this missing person.

The heights are 10 inches apart, but given how little information there is on Becky Ann Cook, I figure this can't hurt to add to the discussion. Maybe her reported height is inaccurate. What caught my eye were the "unspecified" tattoo locations listed for Becky Cook.

BAC's Tattoos: "Tattoos (unspecified) on shoulders, ankles and arms."
UID's Tattoos: "Sun (left shoulder area of back), "Louie" (back of left forearm), Flower with "Riley" (right arm), "WWJD" (pubic area), Stars and Geometric Shapes (right ankle)"

BAC LKA: February 19, 1995 in Hartshorne, OK at the age of 17
UID Found: May 20, 2009 in Las Vegas, NV around 30 to 45 years of age (BAC would be around 31)

BAC Description: White female, Auburn/Red hair, Brown eyes, 59 inches tall, 111 lbs.
UID Description: White female, Natural brown hair with red streaks measuring up to 9" in length, Brown eyes, 69 inches tall, 185 lbs.

I wish we had a photo to see what Becky looked like. I wonder if either of the heights are entered incorrectly. I find it interesting that they are exactly 10 inches apart.....

(snipped)
BAC Description: White female, Auburn/Red hair, Brown eyes, 59 inches tall, 111 lbs.
UID Description: White female, Natural brown hair with red streaks measuring up to 9" in length, Brown eyes, 69 inches tall, 185 lbs.

69 inches is 5'9". If they entered Becky's height as 5'9" instead of as "inches" it would be exactly on. And we've seen that error in other cases.

She certainly could have gained weight over the years.

I wish we had a photo to see what Becky looked like. I wonder if either of the heights are entered incorrectly. I find it interesting that they are exactly 10 inches apart.....

She's listed as missing from Hartshorne Oklahoma, but it doesn't look like she ever attended Hartshorne High School.

Bummer......Thanks for checking to see if you could find her yearbook photo, Carlk! I can't imagine Hartshorne would be large enough to have two high schools(?) Maybe she went to an alternative school? I can't seem to find her on Doe Network or the Charley Project either

Bummer......Thanks for checking to see if you could find her yearbook photo, Carlk! I can't imagine Hartshorne would be large enough to have two high schools(?) Maybe she went to an alternative school? I can't seem to find her on Doe Network or the Charley Project either

Maybe she didn't go to school. But I looked all the way back to her Junior high years, and she wasn't even listed in the "photo not available" sections.

Not a lot matches up, but if you change the hair color and try to envision this woman without makeup... maybe account for her getting tattoos done and/or redone, and a significant weight gain.. there is just something about her face, at least to me, that seems so similar. I won't be at all offended if no one else sees it! This part of the sleuthing is not my forte.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lopez_tammy.html

On another note, someone mentioned that this Sam's Club is close to an inpatient psychiatric facility -- I actually noted a few in the area. I think that's interesting considering the scars are likely from self-harm (per the ME). Plenty of people cut themselves and no one ever knows and that alone wouldn't be enough to warrant a psychiatric inpatient program, but it certainly does make me think it's possible she had an underlying mood disorder and had some involvement with a treatment program near there.

I work in the mental health field so my brain is swimming with all kinds of possibilities. I wonder if this poor woman was discharged from the hospital with nowhere to go and fell asleep in someone's unlocked car. That would explain the layers of clothing -- maybe didn't have a bag to take them with her so just wore both pairs of pants. Additionally, a lot of the antipsychotics used to manage aggressive or acutely self-injurious behavior can cause significant weight gain in a short period of time -- meaning I wouldn't put too much stock into her listed weight when looking for possibilities. My main fear, I guess, is that no one ever reported this woman missing -- a lot of people who find themselves chronically mentally ill end up losing touch with family and friends for years.

Then again, that's all pure speculation, and she may have just been in the area and happens to have had a pattern of self-injuring *shrugs*

I think there's a lot of merit to your speculations about her possible mental health. Of course we don't know, but what you describe certainly matches what many homeless people say is their experience.

Wow - I was just thinking of this JD recently. Living in Las Vegas, I just want to point out a couple of things. The title of the thread says Paradise, NV, but it's really Las Vegas. Paradise is a specific area within Vegas. Spring Mountain Road is where the Sam's Club is located.

I hadn't seen the reference to the treatment facility before today and in looking around that part of town, I notice this one is very close to where this JD was found:

http://www.springmountaintreatmentcenter.com/

I really have to wonder if LE or the ME's office ever checked with this facility to determine if she had been one of their patients. Seems to me there may very well be a connection.

Patricia Santos is missing from the city next to mine. I know people who know her, and I think I even met her once. Opinion is unanimous that the ex-boyfriend did her in, but LE isn't so sure.

I think the lack of tattoo is prohibitive. Santos was last seen on 19 May and the UID was found on 20 May, which is barely time to get from Massachusetts to Las Vegas (roughly 38-40 hours driving time with no traffic and no breaks), let alone acquire the extra tattoos. She didn't have any ties to Las Vegas but on the other hand if she did fall off the wagon, it might have seemed like a good place to go.

Also, the UID was on the tall side and Santos was a small woman. Around 5 feet, if I remember correctly.

eta: Yes, Charley lists her at 4'11'.

having WWJD in your pubic area is odd.

Her NamUs page lists several tattoos:

Sun (left shoulder area of back), "Louie" (back of left forearm), Flower with "Riley" (right arm), "WWJD" (pubic area), Stars and Geometric Shapes (right ankle)

Not sure why they only photographed the one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back