NV NV - Las Vegas, WhtFem 55-60, UP355, in bus station restroom, scar, rings, clothes, Jul'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree - that appears to be a lividity pattern, not trauma. How awful that she is unidentified for so long.

Somewhere it was said that her purse was hanging on the hook inside the stall door. This tells me she probably went in on her own power (not left there). Also, I would hope that there would be a list of the contents of the purse. Obviously there was no ID, but were there glasses? Hotel key? ticket stub? IIRC there were only a few dollars in it...

None of the items about her has anything to suggest she died of anything other than natural causes -- a heart attack, one presumes.

Edrel Pierce went missing from Humboldt County CA on May 17, 1981. Here's what matches...She is 56, 66" tall, weighs 150 lbs., was last seen wearing blue slacks and a multi colored blouse, has an appendectomy scar, and was wearing a diamond ring. She is a psych patient.
The eye color (blue) and hair color (brown) is off.
pierce_edrel.jpg

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Edrel Pierce went missing from Humboldt County CA on May 17, 1981. Here's what matches...She is 56, 66" tall, weighs 150 lbs., was last seen wearing blue slacks and a multi colored blouse, has an appendectomy scar, and was wearing a diamond ring. She is a psych patient.
The eye color (blue) and hair color (brown) is off.
pierce_edrel.jpg

Pierce's Doenet entry: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/843dfca.html

This looks like an excellent possibility. The only thing that doesn't match is the eyes, and blue to hazel doesn't seem impossible, given that eyes tend to go darker after death. I'm not sure why you think the hair color is off? Everything else is extremely close.

Pierce's Doenet entry: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/843dfca.html

This looks like an excellent possibility. The only thing that doesn't match is the eyes, and blue to hazel doesn't seem impossible, given that eyes tend to go darker after death. I'm not sure why you think the hair color is off? Everything else is extremely close.

Sorry, I though the hair color was listed as only gray. I guess it's not off. Do you think it's worth submitting?

Sorry, I though the hair color was listed as only gray. I guess it's not off. Do you think it's worth submitting?

Yes, definitely! Sorry, I should have made that clearer in my response. It looks like a very strong possibility.

The only thing to check first would be the DNA entries -- if they both have the same kind of DNA (nuc or mt) entered in the same database, then it'd be a rule-out by default, because the submissions are automatically checked by the system. The NaMus entries should have that information.

Re: the hair -- even if the UID had been totally gray, it wouldn't preclude a match. With a year's gap, she could easily have gone gray or stopped coloring her hair. Sometimes it'll say whether a color is natural or dyed, but often we just don't know.

Edrel has been submitted. I will let you know if I get a response.

Edrel has been submitted. I will let you know if I get a response.

I heard back from the Namus case administrator and he indicated that he has passed the info along to LE, but he cannot promise whether or not he will be able to provide me with any updates because LE may not share anything with him.

I heard back from the Namus case administrator and he indicated that he has passed the info along to LE, but he cannot promise whether or not he will be able to provide me with any updates because LE may not share anything with him.

Now to hope that LE checks it out promptly. *crosses fingers*

I found this woman Madeleine Thibault. that looks similar to this Jane Doe. Stats are within reason but the UID's nose is kinda throwing me off.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2345dfqc.html

I would not take that sort of discrepancy as a ruleout. As far as we can tell from the descriptions and PM photos, she must have fallen face-first into the roll holders or something, and it seems to have caused some distortion of her facial features.

Appendectomy scar would be on the RIGHT side of the lower abdomen - the 2.5 inch scar left of the umbilicus would most likely be a hernia repair.

Are there any more sources on this JD? Is she in Doe network or are there any articles on her? I would like to know more details of the case.

Bumping for this Jane Doe. her story seems quite tragic - she was probably visiting Las Vegas - the Greyhound Terminal sees a lot of tourists coming to visit the city - and she died of a heart attack(?) upon starting/ending her vacation. What is even sadder is that she must have been alone on vacation, since no one was there to ID her. Was she a widow? She was wearing a wedding-style ring, yet it does not seem a husband was looking for her. Where are/were her friends? Did anyone know she went on this trip??? I guess alternatively she could have been simply passing through Las Vegas with a different ending destination in mind, but that still does not explain why apparently no one was looking for her.

This case for some reason really struck a personal chord with me, so much so that I actually wrote a short story about her. Lets try to give her her name back...I think she certainly deserves that, especially after all these years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell
Back