Found Deceased NV - Madelyn Lingenfelter, 19, Reno, 19 Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Roxxi3535, thank you for doing this research! I, too, wondered about any possible connection with the event center. Is it close to where Maddy lives? You know -- unless she is hidden like a needle in a haystack in those woods, I'm also beginning to wonder if the answers might be found through interviews with her friends. I am also curious as to the theme in the letters she sent to her friends -- this might provide better clarity with regard to what might have happened. In any case, I find the whole situation depressing.
Wait! What did I miss??? Theres letters she wrote to her friends?

Just a thought.
While wondering why Maddy's car would be parked outside the Tannenbaum Event Center, I came to the idea that she may have gone there to interview for a job position.
Her friend/roommate replied within the comments of one of her FB posts that Maddy hadnt been working in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.
View attachment 149536
So maybe she was looking to get hired by the Tannenbaum Event Center?

I decided to research job listings but couldnt find anything for the Tannenbaum in particular. However, i stumbled upon public records of the Tannenbaum property being sold in April of 2018 to a catering group known as "Roundabout."

With that information I then searched for job listings with Roundabout and this is what i was able to find...
View attachment 149530 View attachment 149531
Unfortunately, when i clicked on the posting/job listing they were removed as the positions were no longer available, hence my reason for screen shotting the search results. One of them was posted on September 8th and another on August 31st.
Could there be some connection with the event center and Maddy's disappearance? Maybe she was at this location and something happened to her inside of that place?
I really was trying to make sense as to why she would be parked in such a remote location...
Again, just a speculation since there really isnt much to go off of at this point. I wonder if any search efforts took place inside the Tannenbaum?

That is a good line of inquiry. But who was the witness that came out of the building and said he saw the car there?

I thought he was the owner or manager or something? Maybe I imagined that part...

ETA: from 1st post:

"The employee saw a person in the car at that time, but when the employee stepped back outside a few hours later, the person was no longer there."

So it was an employee who saw her car. I think if she was there for an interview, the employee might have been aware.

And I think that most of these job interviews start online these days. So before she drove up there, they'd have seen her resume submission or email or something first. Then they do ca phone call and or a meeting. JMO

That is a good line of inquiry. But who was the witness that came out of the building and said he saw the car there?

I thought he was the owner or manager or something? Maybe I imagined that part...

ETA: from 1st post:

"The employee saw a person in the car at that time, but when the employee stepped back outside a few hours later, the person was no longer there."

So it was an employee who saw her car. I think if she was there for an interview, the employee might have been aware.

And I think that most of these job interviews start online these days. So before she drove up there, they'd have seen her resume submission or email or something first. Then they do ca phone call and or a meeting. JMO

When I first read up on this case I shared the same views as you. However, with time slipping by and no leads or updates on the progress of this investigation, the simplest explanation behind her disappearance is now, IMO, evolving into a more complex one.

For instance, the family was able to ping Maddy's phone to the location of the Tannenbaum Event Center, and when police checked this location they found Maddy's abandoned vehicle, but, that was it, neither Maddy nor her phone were inside of or around the car. (I had originally believed they had recovered her cell phone inside the vehicle but after reviewing the sources, it was noted that NOTHING was found inside of her vehicle.) Extensive searches were carried out in the surrounding forest but to no avail.

My argument here is where is the cell phone that the family was able to ping to this location? Ultimately, her phone is what led LE to her car but where is the phone?
In addition, why would Maddy (if it was her at all) park her car at this location? Its a pretty remote area to just randomly park a vehicle, what would she be doing up there anyways?
Also, if the vehicle was dumped as her family believes, why leave it somewhere where people, much like this employee, can witness it? It wouldnt be wise for any crook to dispose of evidence where there is a possibility of incurring a witness while committing this act.
Furthermore, I feel like the employee whom reportedly saw Maddy in the vehicle outside the event center may be a questionable witness at this point.
How could she identify anyone in a vehicle parked so far away from the outside of this place? She told LE that the person she witnessed fit Maddy's description but I dont see how its possible to positively identify anyone inside of a car with the rear of the vehicle obstructing any view of who might be sitting inside. Lets not forget how this employee was in all the right places at all the right times. So is that coincidence or possibly suspect? I dont know really, just throwing out some possibilities. I think the interior of the Tannenbaum needs to be searched and Maddy's friends need to be looked into as well. Something just isnt right after reviewing her friends FB accounts IMO.

Omg!!! I really have no clue about any letters!!! What letters? Im dumbfounded.
Well, apparently yes. I easily found this info by sleuthing, but am paranoid to say where lest I get into trouble here. Someone had kindly put a link to Madelyn's FB page near the beginning of this thread. It was useful in obtaining some new info such as the letters. I also discovered that Maddy had two FB pages, one when she was a bit younger. My observations only -- she seemed happier then. That and a nickel gets us nowhere. Darn it, if any of her friends do have info, I pray they cooperate with LE. But who knows, they may have no idea what happened to her. Every day that ticks past, I feel more down about it. The page isn't get much attention either, which is also discouraging.

I've been following on quietly since this took my eye as I know some people that way (my best friend works in Reno and lives close by). But now, based on the new info about the letters, I'm wondering where this case it headed?

Madelyn Lingenfelter missing; car found on Mt. Rose – Missing Persons of America

Family believes her car was planted and that she never drove it to where it was discovered.

An employee from the event center reportedly saw a female in the car.

*modsnip*/ removed as discussing fb comments and sleuthing person not named officially (msm or le as POI)

The million dollar question here is why they felt the need for all these searches in the surrounding forest? Based on what ive read, her car was not parked out in the middle of nowhere and there were businesses right there to go to if she needed some help, why would she run into the wild where she could never get any of that? If she parked there and disappeared to this area she might be suicidal, perhaps they had reason to believe this but nothing in the media indicated this and wouldnt she have been found by now?

In addition, looks like there might have been a boyfriend or love interest as this pic seems to promote that. Everyone says theres no boyfriend but maybe there was about to be one or even one at some point in time. Maybe she didnt share any of this. Thats a chummy pic.

Seems something has happened to her and there has been alot of time wasted on pointless searches in my opinion.

LE need to talk to her friends.

*modsnip*/ picture removed as no source linked

BBM.

This has made me think about Maura Murray. Albeit, the road her car was on was (pretty much) in the middle of nowhere, its also possible that she wandered off into the forest and died of the elements. It's a potential for what might have happened to Madelyn, but, I don't know...

Well, apparently yes. I easily found this info by sleuthing, but am paranoid to say where lest I get into trouble here. Someone had kindly put a link to Madelyn's FB page near the beginning of this thread. It was useful in obtaining some new info such as the letters. I also discovered that Maddy had two FB pages, one when she was a bit younger. My observations only -- she seemed happier then. That and a nickel gets us nowhere. Darn it, if any of her friends do have info, I pray they cooperate with LE. But who knows, they may have no idea what happened to her. Every day that ticks past, I feel more down about it. The page isn't get much attention either, which is also discouraging.
I had no clue about this and i was digging around in her FB profile with a fine toothed comb. Id really like to know more about these letters.
Knowing this info now, I can totally understand the grief you are feeling for this poor girl. I had my suspicions all along about these friends of hers. I hope LE picked up on this too.

Wow, according to her facebook one of her friends are asking people not to message them with questions anymore. Now her roommate has deleted her facebook altogether. Why hesitate to help?
The only thing i can think of is that people may be accusing them of having something to do with her disappearance. Which brings me to question why people might think this? Its not everyday friends of the missing are being interrogated by the public on social media to the point where these friends are asking to be left alone or going as far as to delete their profiles. Why delete your social media and announce your decision to move across the US when the person you share a home with is missing and could very well return home still?
I hope LE is looking into social media and the behavior of her friends.

Seems odd... to say the least. People just have to put up with the crap they get from strangers if they want to fight and find their loved one. Doesn't seem as if that is the priority for them. I'm going with hiding something.

When I first read up on this case I shared the same views as you. However, with time slipping by and no leads or updates on the progress of this investigation, the simplest explanation behind her disappearance is now, IMO, evolving into a more complex one.

For instance, the family was able to ping Maddy's phone to the location of the Tannenbaum Event Center, and when police checked this location they found Maddy's abandoned vehicle, but, that was it, neither Maddy nor her phone were inside of or around the car. (I had originally believed they had recovered her cell phone inside the vehicle but after reviewing the sources, it was noted that NOTHING was found inside of her vehicle.) Extensive searches were carried out in the surrounding forest but to no avail.

My argument here is where is the cell phone that the family was able to ping to this location? Ultimately, her phone is what led LE to her car but where is the phone?
In addition, why would Maddy (if it was her at all) park her car at this location? Its a pretty remote area to just randomly park a vehicle, what would she be doing up there anyways?
Also, if the vehicle was dumped as her family believes, why leave it somewhere where people, much like this employee, can witness it? It wouldnt be wise for any crook to dispose of evidence where there is a possibility of incurring a witness while committing this act.
Furthermore, I feel like the employee whom reportedly saw Maddy in the vehicle outside the event center may be a questionable witness at this point.
How could she identify anyone in a vehicle parked so far away from the outside of this place? She told LE that the person she witnessed fit Maddy's description but I dont see how its possible to positively identify anyone inside of a car with the rear of the vehicle obstructing any view of who might be sitting inside. Lets not forget how this employee was in all the right places at all the right times. So is that coincidence or possibly suspect? I dont know really, just throwing out some possibilities. I think the interior of the Tannenbaum needs to be searched and Maddy's friends need to be looked into as well. Something just isnt right after reviewing her friends FB accounts IMO.

BBM. And Reno has soooo many wide open spaces. Leaving the car there is too risky... I am seriously going back and forth over my own theories.

BBM. And Reno has soooo many wide open spaces. Leaving the car there is too risky... I am seriously going back and forth over my own theories.
---------------------------------------
I was looking at the Mt. Rose Road, adjacent to the Tannenbaum Event Center, and I see there's a smattering of houses there, but not much else. It doesn't look like a well travelled road - I suppose she could have started walking and kept going, but I think the dogs would have caught her scent. Next scenario, either Maddy parked her car there and then got into someone else's car, or it was someone else who parked it to begin with. But then where did that person go? If someone did in fact do that, they must have felt comfortable that no one would notice. What are we missing here?

Seems odd... to say the least. People just have to put up with the crap they get from strangers if they want to fight and find their loved one. Doesn't seem as if that is the priority for them. I'm going with hiding something.
-----------------------------
By hiding something, are you thinking they know where she is, or they know what happened to her. Wow, I can't imagine knowing something bad happened to a friend and not saying anything.

Another one...

Golly. I just can't with these. When has it EVER happened that someone just... disappeared and then was found alive? I mean, what are the stats? 1 in 10? I'm so deflated today.

Another one...

Golly. I just can't with these. When has it EVER happened that someone just... disappeared and then was found alive? I mean, what are the stats? 1 in 10? I'm so deflated today.
----------------------------
I hear you. Something about this young lady -- maybe that she seems so vulnerable, I don't know, but -- I hate to think that anything terrible happened to her. The more time that passes, the more discouraged I feel as well. It doesn't help that this case seems to be under the radar and not receiving much in the way of attention.

I don’t want to think of her as just another one... Her name is Madelyn Lingenfelter. She’s 19, and from Reno, NV. Every person is made perfectly imperfect. Every person has their own story, difficulties, and I’m just praying Madelyn is safe, and alive.

Last edited:
I don’t want to think of her as just another one... Her name is Madelyn Lingenfelter. She’s 19, and from Reno, NV. Every person is made perfectly imperfect. Every person has there own story, difficulties, and I’m just praying Madelyn is safe, and alive.
--------------------------
Beautiful young lady whose life is just beginning. All of us want nothing more than for Madelyn to be found safe and sound. That's why we're here and we'll continue to be here until this sweet girl is found.

---------------------------------------
I was looking at the Mt. Rose Road, adjacent to the Tannenbaum Event Center, and I see there's a smattering of houses there, but not much else. It doesn't look like a well travelled road - I suppose she could have started walking and kept going, but I think the dogs would have caught her scent. Next scenario, either Maddy parked her car there and then got into someone else's car, or it was someone else who parked it to begin with. But then where did that person go? If someone did in fact do that, they must have felt comfortable that no one would notice. What are we missing here?

BBM.

Maybe someone who would not have looked out of place right there? Someone who was supposed to be there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back