Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the Reno sources reported today that he was released from prison (in California State Prison in Sacramento) in 2012 and only released from probabion in 2014

So he couldn't even make it 10 years without inflicting a brutal crime on an innocent young woman.

Wire in the blood, indeed.

MOO... I have this gut feeling that he didn't go 10 years. I can't shake the feeling that Naomi was not his first victim. I feel like there could be other victims out there.

Last edited:
I had actually wondered if he had placed his white trailer ( visible in Brian's photo of TD's domicile) in someplace like Lake Lahontan State Park or nearby and taken her there from Fernley to assault her. Then when he drove back, dropped off her car, and then went back to the trailer and move it with his truck with her (likely deceased) in it, driven it back to a place to bury her. Then come back later and spent all day on Monday cleaning that trailer and truck of all evidence.

Even if he took her car through a car wash, it isn't going to get all the dirt/sand/rocks out of the tires or the undercarriage and that might tell where her vehicle had been taken ( It looks so easy to do this on CSI, right?)
That sounds completely plausible to me. And hopefully there's evidence in the camper as we've all learned here you can never, ever wipe it all out. Didn't they find a woman's tooth in a second floor wall or on a landing after her boyfriend hit her with a baseball bat on the first floor? Apologies that I can't recall her name (Kelsey? Or that was her daughter's name?), but they never found her body, arrested him and his "other" girlfriend who was his accomplice who helped him clean the scene, but badly. UGH.

That sounds completely plausible to me. And hopefully there's evidence in the camper as we've all learned here you can never, ever wipe it all out. Didn't they find a woman's tooth in a second floor wall or on a landing after her boyfriend hit her with a baseball bat on the first floor? Apologies that I can't recall her name (Kelsey? Or that was her daughter's name?), but they never found her body, arrested him and his "other" girlfriend who was his accomplice who helped him clean the scene, but badly. UGH.

Kelsey Berreth. He was Patrick Frazee. Can't remember the rodeo queen's name.

MOO... I have this gut feeling that he didn't go 10 years. I can't shake the feeling that Naomi was not his first victim. I feel like there could be other victims out there.

I totally believe this. Elko, Wendover, Reno, has a lot of young gals, who are pretty "invisible" in society. Undocumented, runaways, others, who may have had a more transient existence than Naomi.

TD picked the wrong gal this time. She was immediately reported missing, and the cameras in the area locked him in. Plus the neighbor reporting his truck.

Yep, that was Kelsey Barreth, yet another victim of sick, evil monster.

There is no mine at that location you circled in red.

That is the wettest part of the Stillwater Wildlife Refuge and you will find lots of wonderful birds there right now, but no mines.

That is not the area that I saw on a LE map identifying the general area her body was located in.

The dot I saw on a LE map was near the top of the page in the light brown area of hills just east of Highway 95. Sort of in the light brown or maybe the dark brown hills. Those are rough and rocky.

The light to gray areas are flat alkaline crust or if with water, areas of scrub sage and reeds.

I haven't seen that map. Do you by chance have a link to the investigator map identifying where her body was found?

Use street view to see the roads in the area:

Google Maps

It's also possible that he returned to the scene of the crime on a later day in his truck and dug a grave.

I think he drove her up into those hills there and her gravesite is associated with an old mine area. Highway 95 is also called Veterans Parkway.

Google Maps

I haven't seen that map. Do you by chance have a link to the investigator map identifying where her body was found?

I'm sorry otto I can't seem to find it in the news reports I have been checking. It's really a very simple map without much detail at all. I was impressed that the "dot" was much farther north of Fallon than I would have expected and appeared to have been east of Highway 95 (Veterans Parkway) but not by much.

Maybe something like this:

Google Maps

Edited: Removed wrong coordinates that ended up in Utah. (*#*@)

Last edited:
I agree, but the area where her body appears to have been found would be rough and rocky roads. Maybe made by a grader at one time to get to a mine, but not paved or safe for a small sedan without a high clearance, 4wd and rugged tires. Did she even have enough gas in her vehicle? I just have to think there was a huge risk he would take in driving her car up there and he would also have to put shovels and tarps & such into her vehicle. I think the risk of breaking down in her car out there and being stranded with her stolen vehicle and possibly her body would not be worth it.

This is why the car- truck coordination doesn't yet make sense to me.

I don't think we can assume that because her vehicle was 30 years old, it was not in good working order.

We know that she was abducted in her car, and that he planned to murder her. We also know that his truck is seen near her abandoned car much later in the day than 5 AM due to the truck shadows.

I think it's quite likely that he planned the murder location prior to the abduction. Based on what we know, it seems that he expected her car to be roadworthy for the planned murder location.

I think he drove her up into those hills there and her gravesite is associated with an old mine area. Highway 95 is also called Veterans Parkway.

Google Maps

I haven't come across a LE map indicating the body location. The map I'm referring to is posted here:

56035439-10670689-image-a-3_1648702100859.jpg

Remains of kidnapped woman Naomi Irion, 18, are found in remote area of Nevada | Daily Mail Online

I think that DM map is way off.

The area where their "dot" lies within the Fallon Naval Air restricted section of Carson Sink, where no civilian access is allowed and there is a large fence around the area.

The "dot" I saw was above the "H" or "U" or "R" of CHURCHILL on the the black box above it with CHURCHILL COUNTY in light letters.

See my streetview post on Highway 95

Sorry to be so lame with graphics.

Looks like he is filing a complaint against the school board for violating open meeting laws.

Where is the eyeroll emoji?????
Not sure if the same in Nevada, but I'm a teacher (now retired) and have been to many a board of ed meeting where they adjourned to close sessions. There are issues, many involving personnel for example, which are not open for discussion by the public in attendance.

Not sure how far a complaint like that would go.

Here's your eye roll. :rolleyes:

Remains of Naomi Irion, 18, are found buried in mountainous region of Nevada - 150 miles from the Walmart parking lot where she went missing

Remains of kidnapped woman Naomi Irion, 18, are found in remote area of Nevada | Daily Mail Online

Your map's location is like 40 miles from Walmart.

You are exactly correct, DutchTreat.

LE told us she was found in Churchill County

So here is the conundrum:

150 miles from the Fernley Walmart is not in Churchill County !!!

However, the Gold Bar Mine ( aka McEwen Mine) where TD was known to work IS ~ 150 miles as the crow flies, but it is in Eureka County.

So. Someone needs to give us better info, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922