Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, nope. This is a detail I can't get past. He clearly walked through the headlights to be seen of a vehicle that had just pulled into the parking lot.

Like I say. This baffles me.

We know he walked in front of the headlights towards the camera.

Prior to doing this, he was out of site of camera. He had walked the length of the building, away from the camera, to that location. When the car pulled in and shone lights on him, he started walking towards the camera.

He parked near A, he approached the building from B. C is roughly where the lights shone on him. He walked back towards B and stopped midway near the bushes. D is possibly how he approached Naomi's car. In these images, he is walking from B to C.

upload_2022-4-2_19-4-23.png

This is where he is walking from C to B, after the car pulled in.

upload_2022-4-2_19-10-23.png

" He made sure that his truck was not parked in the same Walmart parking area, and ensured that he was not seen walking from his truck to her car."

Respectfully, nope. This is a detail I can't get past. He clearly walked through the headlights to be seen of a vehicle that had just pulled into the parking lot.

Like I say. This baffles me.

I understand what you are saying @otto, but I do not consider Troy Driver to be stealthy. He paraded around a public parking lot where people were obviously parked. He walked right through a set of headlights. He left her vehicle in plain sight in daylight.
I think initially he was lucky, but he’s no criminal mastermind.

In a way, his hubris makes me think that he had done this before and had never been seen. He seemed absolutely nonchalant about barging into Naomi's car and attacking her with probably a taser. Zap, drive off.

@otto

Why do you think he walked in front of the headlights to be seen?

I don't think he saw any other choice since he'd hidden his truck with a plan to abduct her on that Saturday morning (when he didn't work). He wanted to keep an eye on Naomi's car, perhaps to be sure that it was her. Perhaps it was worth the risk to walk in front of headlights to keep an eye on her. He circled the parking lot, sneaked up from the back of her car, accosted her.

Earlier there was discussion about who arrived first, and the early answer was that he arrived before Naomi arrived. Is there an update on that information? If she arrived first, why was he focused on her car, or was he? If he arrived first, that gives the impression of planning.

There's a verification process that is used to demonstrate proof of expertise. Some people have more than one area of expertise; more than one professional designation. There are doctors, lawyers, law enforcement, nursing, psychology and people with many diverse areas of expertise here.

I have no work experience with stalkers, murders, law or prosecutions. I've been curious about murders since 1992.

Perhaps the discussion about the woman who filmed a man in a car because she thought she was being stalked deserves a separate discussion?
I absolutely agree with your last sentence!

I don't think he saw any other choice since he'd hidden his truck with a plan to abduct her on that Saturday morning (when he didn't work). He wanted to keep an eye on Naomi's car, perhaps to be sure that it was her. Perhaps it was worth the risk to walk in front of headlights to keep an eye on her. He circled the parking lot, sneaked up from the back of her car, accosted her.

Earlier there was discussion about who arrived first, and the early answer was that he arrived before Naomi arrived. Is there an update on that information? If she arrived first, why was he focused on her car, or was he? If he arrived first, that gives the impression of planning.

He might want to appear as if he, too, was waiting for the shuttle, or just waiting for the store to open.

Maybe he had made that walk along the sidewalk to observe Naomi's car before. Maybe several times. Let her get familiar with him around, so to speak.

However, I notice in the footage that we see, he never seems to check his phone or his watch?

How would he know when the right moment was to attack her if he had never done this before?

He might very well have been there several mornings before and watched to see exactly when she turned her phone off and the interval he had before the shuttle arrives. Which from the information we have is less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Every report I saw about pings referenced Naomi's phone, not his. We're there other reports about his phone pings?

Early phone ping information was related to Naomi. The last ping from her was at the Walmart parking lot, the last ping from her phone was 10 minutes away towards hwy interchanges.

I haven't seen any reports related to his phone. Based on the question of : "how did police locate her body so quickly," I see three possibilities.
  • He left his cell phone turned on during the abduction and his phone locations were identified after he was arrested for kidnapping.
  • He returned to the scene of the crime in his truck, and vehicle GPS tracked to her gravesite.
  • He told them where he put her.

He seemed absolutely nonchalant about barging into Naomi's car and attacking her with probably a taser. Zap, drive off.
I think he knew to avoid looking like he was about to kidnap to someone. Shoplifters, pickpickets, undercover security officers, everyone acts nonchalent to avoid attracting attention.

JMO

He might want to appear as if he, too, was waiting for the shuttle, of just waiting for the store to open.

Maybe he had made that walk along the sidewalk to observe Naomi's car before, posing as if he was just waiting for the shuttle. Maybe several times. Let her get familiar with him around, so to speak.

However, I notice in the footage that we see, he never seems to check his phone or his watch?

How would he know when the right moment was to attack her if he had never done this before?

He might very well have been there several mornings before and watched to see exactly when she turned her phone off and the interval he had before the shuttle arrives. Which from the information we have is less than 5 minutes.

If I had to guess, I think he saw her a couple of times at the Fox Peak gas store and noticed that she turned into the Walmart lot as he headed to work (Reno, Elko?). I think he followed her and figured out that she arrived early for the 5:30-5:40 AM shuttle. I think he is always looking for a victim - like a predator.

I wonder too whether he walked the parking lot prior to abduction, whether she saw him come up behind her car and waved it off, or perhaps that didn't happen? Did he first see her at the Fox Peak gas store and then abduct her from the shuttle lot?

If I had to guess, I think he saw her a couple of times at the Fox Peak gas store and noticed that she turned into the Walmart lot as he headed to work (Reno, Elko?). I think he followed her and figured out that she arrived early for the 5:30-5:40 AM shuttle. I think he is always looking for a victim - like a predator.

I wonder too whether he walked the parking lot prior to abduction, whether she saw him come up behind her car and waved it off, or perhaps that didn't happen? Did he first see her at the Fox Peak gas store and then abduct her from the shuttle lot?
I think the video on the show Tricia did about this has a longer clip. You can see Naomi pull into the parking lot. It's hard to tell if Driver was there before Naomi pulled into the lot, but he may have been in the shadows waiting for her.

I think the video on the show Tricia did about this has a longer clip. You can see Naomi pull into the parking lot. It's hard to tell if Driver was there before Naomi pulled into the lot, but he may have been in the shadows waiting for her.

As far as I’m aware no video has ever been released that shows Naomi’s car pulling into the lot. There are other cars that do move through it in addition to the one that parks with its headlights on that TD walks in front of, but every bit of footage has Naomi already there. Happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.

This is the suspect just after the car pulls in. He emerged from the shadow of the building (out of sight of camera) where the car lights shone on him. He walked towards the camera, stopped and turned around. I initially thought that Naomi was parked in the blue car, but she was parked one row back. He then walked towards the camera, turned around and watched her car from the bushes.

What adds to my belief that he carefully planned this is that he stood out of camera range until the car lights lit him up.

Her brother says in the video that he saw something happen at her car and then the car calmly left the lot. When he zoomed in he saw the suspect approach from behind her car. He doesn't say that he saw the suspect cross the lot to Naomi's car. Perhaps the suspect did that in the dark along the edge of the parking lot?

View attachment 338759
Yes @otto, but may I challenge you again? Put yourself in Driver’s shoes. As if…..
Anyway, you have your mark. It’s all planned. You’ll make your move under cover of darkness. As you’ve said, you wait in the shadows until it’s time to pounce.
She’s there where you knew she’d be; sitting alone in her car, busy on the phone, oblivious to anyone. So very vulnerable. Your excitement builds. Your adrenaline flows.
You keep your eye on her, ready to make your move. The time is right. Just as you’re about to approach your target, another car swings into the parking lot.
Not only that, but it pulls into a parking space not far from her vehicle and right next to where you are standing.
You are forced to move from the shadows. You walk through the headlights in full view of the driver and any passenger. This was not planned.
You move further down the lot away from the witnesses. You assess.
A savvy, smart, and cunning perp would throw in the towel and wait for another day. But not you. You are emboldened, a bit angry, over stimulated. You throw caution to the wind and begin your assault. Stupid you.

If he first noticed her at the Fox Peak gas mart, he might have noticed the Panasonic shirt she likely wore everyday. A tip-off that she was not going to be driving there, but taking the shuttle. Very possibly he had noticed the shuttle van passing by Walmart in the area as he was going to work in Reno.

We don’t know what his schedule was like, but reportedly the entire week before he had been working in Reno. Going west from his place in Fallon past Fox Peak to get on I-80.

The following week we are told he was to be working east of Fallon, at the Gold Bar Mine.

I think it’s important that he did this on a Saturday because he knew she would be there and he didn’t have a work commitment.

LE, of course will have his work schedule and can correlate his Reno days with any possible Walmart footage.

I think especially interesting would be footage of days she didn’t work, yet he still showed up.

That, combined with his age of 41, is why this doesn't seem like his first abduction/murder.

@otto you and I are on the same page. I don't think that Naomi was his first victim. That is one reason why I believe LEO jumped on this so fast when his truck had been reported. I think that he had been on a "short list" for maybe some other missing women cases, but they didn't have enough information or evidence for an arrest. And this guy wouldn't talk.

Yes @otto, but may I challenge you again? Put yourself in Driver’s shoes. As if…..
Anyway, you have your mark. It’s all planned. You’ll make your move under cover of darkness. As you’ve said, you wait in the shadows until it’s time to pounce.
She’s there where you knew she’d be; sitting alone in her car, busy on the phone, oblivious to anyone. So very vulnerable. Your excitement builds. Your adrenaline flows.
You keep your eye on her, ready to make your move. The time is right. Just as you’re about to approach your target, another car swings into the parking lot.
Not only that, but it pulls into a parking space not far from her vehicle and right next to where you are standing.
You are forced to move from the shadows. You walk through the headlights in full view of the driver and any passenger. This was not planned.
You move further down the lot away from the witnesses. You assess.
A savvy, smart, and cunning perp would throw in the towel and wait for another day. But not you. You are emboldened, a bit angry, over stimulated. You throw caution to the wind and begin your assault. Stupid you.

He could have easily turned from that dark corner to STROLL over to the front of the Walmart store as the sedan moved into the parking lot, as if he was waiting for the store to open, and abandon the attack planned for that day.

As far as I’m aware no video has ever been released that shows Naomi’s car pulling into the lot. There are other cars that do move through it in addition to the one that parks with its headlights on that TD walks in front of, but every bit of footage has Naomi already there. Happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.
This video put out by Tricia. The footage starts at about the 44minute mark. It starts with Naomi's car pulling into the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95