Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fernley Walmart opens at 6 am.

There would likely be employees in the store getting ready for opening by 5 am, maybe 5:30? They were likely parked around the southwest side, in the larger parking area, and not able to see anything going on in the customer parking area.

I keep thinking that she would be relatively conspicuous parked where she was. At 4 am-ish, it would be dark most all the year, and the light from her cell phone would be lighting up her face inside the car, so it would be easy to see the car was occupied by a young female.

Have we heard whether the shuttle regularly picked up any other Panasonic workers from that location, especially on a Saturday?

I have a feeling the perp would have known if there were more people waiting for the shuttle during the regular work week along with Naomi, and would have also known if she was the only passenger on Saturday.

Comparing the two photos you can see the fence on the left of the truck. See how it matches the images. This is in front of Sherman Williams. Can anyone confirm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-081807_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-081807_Maps.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220322-050301_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-050301_Facebook.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 47
Ok so if the car was left at Sherman Williams factory, and if that is in fact the suspects truck in the picture. Than looking at the surroundings of the picture should give us the idea of where the truck was when the picture was taken. Also if that truck is a high country, that's what a $70k truck. And those trucks are loaded with technology. If it was stolen it would be located quickly.
We know when and where the image was taken
Imo

The Fernley Walmart opens at 6 am.

There would likely be employees in the store getting ready for opening by 5 am, maybe 5:30? They were likely parked around the southwest side, in the larger parking area, and not able to see anything going on in the customer parking area.

I keep thinking that she would be relatively conspicuous parked where she was. At 4 am-ish, it would be dark most all the year, and the light from her cell phone would be lighting up her face inside the car, so it would be easy to see the car was occupied by a young female.

Have we heard whether the shuttle regularly picked up any other Panasonic workers from that location, especially on a Saturday?

I have a feeling the perp would have known if there were more people waiting for the shuttle during the regular work week along with Naomi, and would have also known if she was the only passenger on Saturday.
IMO that car that came up must be a worker. I can’t imagine they haven’t interviewed them.

What time was the shuttle scheduled to arrive? I wonder if other co workers arrived early to scroll social media like Naomi. Just curious how much earlier she arrived. 10, 15, 20 minutes? And were there coworkers there or did she get there so early no one else was there yet.

Judging from distance and drive time, per Google Maps, if my locations are correct, it appears that the shuttle trip from Walmart near Fernley to the Panasonic plant near Reno is about a 25 minute drive each way. I have no idea how many people normally take the shuttle, but that would give those that do, theoretically anyway, close to an hour a day, outside of work, together. That is enough time to learn more about your coworkers and maybe form friendships, or infatuations, or develop bad feelings. I would hope that LE has had an opportunity to at least talk to her co-workers who she shared a ride with daily. I am not implying that any of them had anything to do with her disappearance, but perhaps she may have said something to someone about a situation at work that may have troubled her, or about someone she knew from work who may have been trying to hit on her, etc. Perhaps someone had seen something in the parking lot on a previous morning that at the time, meant nothing, but in hindsight, may be important. Just a thought. JMO

Last edited:
Comparing the two photos you can see the fence on the left of the truck. See how it matches the images. This is in front of Sherman Williams. Can anyone confirm.
I've seen it compared by others to be in front of SW around 3:20 PM based on the shadows of the truck heading away from the Interstate - I believe NE

The only issue we have is, as the public us slueths are left out on so much. If we had just a few more details.

I am going to try to find more of her accounts by her email. Her phone is a South African, so figuring that is probably near impossible.
A few pages back should have some SM sites for her. Her sister encouraged Internet sleuths to dig. Tamara Cartwright first press release with family is my source.

Judging from distance and drive time, per Google Maps, if my locations are correct, it appears that the shuttle trip from Walmart near Fernley to the Panasonic plant near Reno is about a 45 minute drive each way. I have no idea how many people normally take the shuttle, but that would give those that do, theoretically anyway, about an hour and a half a day, outside of work, together. That is enough time to learn more about your coworkers and maybe form friendships, or infatuations, or develop bad feelings. I would hope that LE has had an opportunity to at least talk to her co-workers who she shared a ride with daily. I am not implying that any of them had anything to do with her disappearance, but perhaps she may have said something to someone about a situation at work that may have troubled her, or about someone she knew from work who may have been trying to hit on her, etc. Perhaps someone had seen something in the parking lot on a previous morning that at the time, meant nothing, but in hindsight, may be important. Just a thought. JMO
I had heard 30 miles or minutes and that’s why she took the shuttle bc of distance and convenience. Thanks for your insight. Maybe they took her back that way?

I had heard 30 miles or minutes and that’s why she took the shuttle bc of distance and convenience. Thanks for your insight. Maybe they took her back that way?

Just did a bit more digging, and think I had my location wrong. I think I heard Panasonic was also at or beside the Tesla Gigafactory, and that indeed is about 25 minutes away. Sorry for any confusion. That still leaves time for regular riders to get to know one another. I amended my original post.

Last edited:
Both photos are in the same spot, by the angled gate which is in front of Sherwin Williams. If you look closely you can just barely see the same angled gate, of which according to Google images there is only one. Also, the black iron gate is also the gate surrounding the sherwin Williams parking lot.

The only issue we have is, as the public us slueths are left out on so much. If we had just a few more details.

I am going to try to find more of her accounts by her email. Her phone is a South African, so figuring that is probably near impossible.
I've really wanted to see her Tik Tok but I cannot locate it. I've found Facebook and Insta. Sounds like she was more active on snapchat and Tik Tok though.

Based on the interviews I've seen this family is very on top of things. They've said they have acces to her accounts. The fact that Casey was first to see the video footage at Walmart is very impressive. The community outpouring is very heartwarming. I cannot get this case out of my head. I want to dig but I do feel they are doing everything they can and I pray she is found soon.

According to what I am seeing, The Gigafactory employs about 7,000 people, with Tesla and Panasonic accounting for the bulk of those. Did the shuttle that picked Naomi up only pick up Panasonic employees, or did they also pick up Tesla employees as well? Did the shifts of both companies coincide? Did the shuttle make multiple trips back and forth daily? I wish we knew more about the arrangement. JMO

Last edited:
According to what I am seeing, The Gigafactory employs about 7,000 people, with Tesla and Panasonic accounting for the bulk of those. Did the shuttle that picked Naomi up only pick Panasonic employees, or did they also pick up Tesla employees as well? Did the shifts of both companies coincide? Did the shuttle make multiple trips back and forth daily? I wish we knew more about the arrangement. JMO
Great questions. Press conference in a few hours I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member