Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police searching Wadsworth area for possible evidence connected to kidnapped teen

Updated, as of 11:00 p.m. on March 17:

WADSWORTH, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — Police are leaving the search area, according to our crews on the scene. Right now, authorities are not offering statements to the public.

Updated, as of 10:30 p.m. on March 17:
Multiple police agencies are moving the search to the area of Border Street and Hill Ranch Road as investigators continue to survey the area.

Police continue to ask the public to avoid the area of the search as to not interfere with possible evidence.

376d6346-f3cf-48ff-8699-495b4cedb4d3-medium16x9_naomisearchwadsworth.jpg

447151c1-5567-4233-9e12-69a992e080c6-largeScale_wadsworthkidnappingsearch.jpg

Trying to catch up on this thread.
Interesting ... so if I understand the sequence correctly - the POI potentially parked the Chev truck at Lowes. Drove back there after abducting Naomi, left her car, moved her to his truck. Headed out on Duffy Road/343, driving past Sherwin Williams (caught on camera). Duffy intersects with Nevada Pacific HWY, where you can then jump on HWY 80, which ends up in the area @Allabouttrial posted LE are now searching.
So we think it's possible that the man in the gray hooded sweatshirt may have parked that truck at a Lowe's nearby, then walked over to Walmart from the general direction of the homeless area, waited for Naomi, then drove back to Lowe's? If I have that right, did Lowe's parking area have any security cameras? If so, did they see this truck parked there or Naomi's car being moved there?

The more I read about this the less likely it seems to be a random act. Seems like this person had this planned out in advance. MOO.

Has it been said anywhere what time the shuttle picked up and what time her shift started? I am just curious how early she would get to the lot and sit checking social media. I'm curious how many other employees would ride that shuttle and if any others were already there when she was abducted.

Unfortunately, if this is targeted, and I am leaning that way, if she got there quite early and the perp knew that and knew she was isolated in this parking lot with no one else there yet....it was the perfect opportunity :(
i dont know the exact time but i know at tesla which is close by they work 12 hour shifts. im assuming since she had an early start she might work 12's too. so either 6 or 7 start time?

Trying to catch up on this thread.
So we think it's possible that the man in the gray hooded sweatshirt may have parked that truck at a Lowe's nearby, then walked over to Walmart from the general direction of the homeless area, waited for Naomi, then drove back to Lowe's? If I have that right, did Lowe's parking area have any security cameras? If so, did they see this truck parked there or Naomi's car being moved there?

The more I read about this the less likely it seems to be a random act. Seems like this person had this planned out in advance. MOO.
i thought the consensus was his truck was parked where he left Naomi's car. was her car near lowe's?

Interview with Naomi's mother:

The man entered as Naomi was about to get out of the vehicle. She suggests that this may have been premeditated, with someone who knows her routine / schedule

Although this is a random podcast and not MSM or an otherwise approved source, it is being approved because it is an interview with Naomi's mother.

Note: This is a one-time approval for this case and not a blanket approval for the podcast as a source.

If the perp is a nearby WalMart employee, it hopefully would be noticed that he's not showing up for his shifts anymore...

I live a few hours north of Reno and when folks in my area travel to Reno we often drive south on 447 to that exact junction and then turn right toward Reno at I-80. 447 is one of the emptiest roads there is -- you can drive for hours and count the other vehicles you see on your fingers. Towns are tiny, few and far between. You can pull off the road and out of view easily almost anywhere.

I hope they make a license plate state/number for that pickup public soon so those of us in nearby communities can be on the lookout.

At least three new things came out of this interview, I believe, unless I have missed earlier reports. According to her mother, she said she believed Naomi had her door open and was stepping out to get on the bus when the attacker forced her into the passenger side of her car. Does that mean that the bus was already there, or just that she was going to stand where the bus normally picks passengers up? Even if the bus was not there, if it was close enough to time for the bus to arrive, surely other employees would have been there, and to me anyway, it seems like most of the people riding the shuttle bus would park in the same area. Surely someone had to witness something important. Has anyone suggested any number as to how many people usually ride that shuttle? Her mother also said that evidence inside her car suggested suspicious activity/violence. Sadly, that sounds like blood to me. And finally, her car was found behind the Sherwin Williams, four blocks from the Walmart parking lot. This almost certainly was targeted and planned, imo. I hope LE has more info than they are releasing, and based on the search areas, it seems they may. I pray she is found safely and returned home soon, but if she cannot be found safely, I pray she at least can be found, and whoever is responsible is held fully accountable. JMO

This case is heartbreakingly sad especially for her family. It’s also very scary.

My initial reaction is someone that works in the area (perhaps even at the Walmart) and has been watching her for awhile. Her brother stated she always arrived early, and parked in the same spot. Habitual routines like that make it easy for an a abductor to know your patterns and formulate a plan after watching you for some time. It feels like that’s what happened here.
I wonder if it’s someone who works at Walmart he seemed so aware there are lots of security cameras at Walmart also watching Naomi and her habits

If the perp is a nearby WalMart employee, it hopefully would be noticed that he's not showing up for his shifts anymore...

I live a few hours north of Reno and when folks in my area travel to Reno we often drive south on 447 to that exact junction and then turn right toward Reno at I-80. 447 is one of the emptiest roads there is -- you can drive for hours and count the other vehicles you see on your fingers. Towns are tiny, few and far between. You can pull off the road and out of view easily almost anywhere.

I hope they make a license plate state/number for that pickup public soon so those of us in nearby communities can be on the lookout.
I’m sure the police are on it but certainly they can pull a list of all registered high country trucks in that area
The hours at that Walmart are 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM, Naomi was there at 5:00 AM I believe.
they had to have wal mart workers at that hour stockers people getting ready to open the store …

I hadn't heard this before - that he circled the parking lot, approached the vehicle from behind and forced his way into the car.

"Irion’s older brother, Casey Valley, 32, told NBC News on Thursday that surveillance footage from the Walmart shows a man wearing a mask and a hoodie walking to the parking lot from the direction of a dirt lot, circling his sister’s car and then forcing his way in.

“He circled around the parking lot maybe to make sure there were no witnesses,” Valley said. “He came up behind the car and forced his way into the driver’s side of the car. Maybe her door was unlocked. He either said or did something to make her move to the passenger seat, and then he drove her car away into an unknown direction.”
A Nevada woman disappeared from Walmart. Her brother says a masked man forced himself into her car

I hadn't heard this before - that he circled the parking lot, approached the vehicle from behind and forced his way into the car.

"Irion’s older brother, Casey Valley, 32, told NBC News on Thursday that surveillance footage from the Walmart shows a man wearing a mask and a hoodie walking to the parking lot from the direction of a dirt lot, circling his sister’s car and then forcing his way in.

“He circled around the parking lot maybe to make sure there were no witnesses,” Valley said. “He came up behind the car and forced his way into the driver’s side of the car. Maybe her door was unlocked. He either said or did something to make her move to the passenger seat, and then he drove her car away into an unknown direction.”
A Nevada woman disappeared from Walmart. Her brother says a masked man forced himself into her car
He must have had a gun but I wonder why when she was scooting over to the passenger side she could t have kept on scooting out the door? Zip ties?

He must have had a gun but I wonder why when she was scooting over to the passenger side she could t have kept on scooting out the door? Zip ties?

Her mother described her as someone who would freeze in that situation. Not surprising - a lot of people would.

I keep coming back to the murder of Dru Sjodin in 2003, also kidnapped in a parking lot. A knife was used at the moment she was kidnapped. The murderer dropped the knife sheath in the parking lot. She bled in the car as she was taken to the place where she was raped and murdered.

It's more likely that a knife was used in this case as well, since a gun makes a lot of noise. Evidence of a crime in the car supports the theory that she was injured at the time of abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman