Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people would freeze and do what they’re told. Me…I’d rather take my chances and not move.

i learned the hard way had a friend whose mother was abducted from a shopping mall parking lot in broad daylight. Raped and murdered by a bunch of thugs. A few years later I was held up at gunpoint in a mall parking lot threw them my purse and ran like a bat out hell. But I had already decided they would have to shoot me before I would get any closer to them no way was I going down without a huge fight.

the brother said the truck is a latest model truck, i'd say they are tracking that truck with GPS ( can't remember what the service for cars is called in the states )
But wouldn’t they have to know which truck it is? With cell phones, LE can figure out which cells pinged off a certain tower at a certain time. In order to isolate a cell phone, it’s best to use a tower in a more isolated area. This area of Walmart/Lowes/Sherwin Williams seems to be very busy. For instance, the phones pinged out in the area where they were searching in Wadsworth would produce a lot smaller list to wade through. Would our suspect be smart enough to leave his phone in his truck while he took Naomi out of the area in her own car?
I don’t know if there is something similar using a satellite for vehicles. Unfortunately, with either a phone or vehicle, the fact that I80 runs right through the area would likely produce hundreds of pings.

Investigators to discuss Naomi Irion’s disappearance Thursday

Investigators to discuss Naomi Irion’s disappearance Thursday

This article was recently updated with photos and a good recap for those who are new to Naomi's disappearance. Yikes. This story is really scary.

This makes me think they were not looking for her cell phone during the search in that desolate area-it sounds like they found her phone in her car

From your link:
A ping of Irion’s cell phone led Investigators to the industrial park in Fernley where they found her car around noon on Tuesday, March 15

This makes me think they were not looking for her cell phone during the search in that desolate area-it sounds like they found her phone in her car

From your link:
A ping of Irion’s cell phone led Investigators to the industrial park in Fernley where they found her car around noon on Tuesday, March 15
The Sherriff had stated in the Thursday presser that her phone was not in the car. The search in Wadsworth was due to a phone ping but they did not say whose phone. The finding of her car and the search in Wadsworth are two different events.

So in the video (and the article upthread also mentions this), he is seen standing right in front of cars with their headlights on, it seems. I wonder if people in those cars have come forward and talked to LE? Or could there be other people involved in this kidnapping? Did any of those cars move/leave after he got into Naomi's car? Very creepy and disturbing video :(

He almost is acting like he is not doing anything wrong. He isnt hiding...or trying to stay in the shadows. I find it very odd that he isn't hiding...IF she isnt expecting him. Possible she knows him from somewhere else which is why she moved over...?? He is just acting too nonchalant. JMO

But wouldn’t they have to know which truck it is? With cell phones, LE can figure out which cells pinged off a certain tower at a certain time. In order to isolate a cell phone, it’s best to use a tower in a more isolated area. This area of Walmart/Lowes/Sherwin Williams seems to be very busy. For instance, the phones pinged out in the area where they were searching in Wadsworth would produce a lot smaller list to wade through. Would our suspect be smart enough to leave his phone in his truck while he took Naomi out of the area in her own car?
I don’t know if there is something similar using a satellite for vehicles. Unfortunately, with either a phone or vehicle, the fact that I80 runs right through the area would likely produce hundreds of pings.
I don't know if all car's telematics work the same way, but in this case -

Some modern, expensive cars are installed with electronic systems which can track and store information about its movements. This so-called telematics system can be used as a tracking device if the car is stolen. It can also tell when a car's engine is started or stopped and even when a window, door or boot is opened and closed.

Like a mobile phone on wheels, the system uses a SIM card.

Nick Harvey, risk data manager for Plant-I telematics company, said data is live constantly and GPS tracking could be accurate within 5m.

Anglesey crossbow murder: How car technology helped catch a killer

- the data was sent by a sim card but the data was from GPS, so a lot more accurate than mast pings.

I think it'd be quite easy to narrow down by the vehicle model, time and location.

But it's also possible the telematics had been disabled.

That walk seems like someone will recognize it. Its almost a step kick. Ypu can see it better towards the end when he's actually walking rather than sauntering around.
I started to post about that last night. I have a friend whose one leg is longer than the other and he kinda swings it to the side as he walks, this guy in the video reminded me of that friend. (My friend is on another continent and has never been to the US, so it’s def not him lol, just the walk made me think of him.)

Panasonic and the Tesla gigafactory are linked and it’s a giant area with security in and out. Thousands of people work there and I know some people who don’t want to deal with the hassle of driving in and out. And the location of the factory is kinda in the middle of nowhere (it’s not really around anything else besides other factories). Also, that stretch of road to get out there has a lot of accidents that happen so a lot of people just don’t want to drive it. Because of all of that, they offer a free shuttle service to employees both from Fernley and Reno/Sparks (it’s located in-between Fernley and Sparks so most of the workers come from those areas). It’s advertised as like an employee “perk”.
Great visual explanation!

Praying for her safe return If there's any lesson in this, it's to fight back and never let yourself be taken to a secondary location where something much worse will happen. Also switch up your morning routine, parking spot, route, etc because you never know who's watching.

Yeah, this seems like someone she knows for sure.

Someone else mentioned it early on, but she mentions adding her private insta (which she has a link to) for more photos. My brain is going to either a subscriber or a date she had that became obsessed with her. I think he knew where and when she worked. What she drove. He waited and when she arrived, he was laser focused.

I will never ask why a victim didn't immediately run or fight. As is evidenced by hundreds of hostage situations (including 9/11), even large groups of adults comply. She was sneak attacked as she arrived to work. Furthermore, if she knew him, maybe she didn't think he would actually hurt her. I call it "superhero brain" when people think they could have gotten out of a situation. We don't know what she did, but we can guarantee she did her very best.

The evidence of a crime is likely blood. I do not think she ran away, due to that fact.

Great thought someone posted above about the truck photo possibly being from a different day! Maybe he worked overnight shift the day before. It would make more sense for him to driver her car near his, move her and never return. But that's just a thought. Not a fact.

Praying for her safe return If there's any lesson in this, it's to fight back and never let yourself be taken to a secondary location where something much worse will happen. Also switch up your morning routine, parking spot, route, etc because you never know who's watching.
Btw, my post was not to you. I was typing my post before yours was up haha. This is great advice.

Which begs the question, why didn’t she?
Possibly injured..
I don't know if all car's telematics work the same way, but in this case -

- the data was sent by a sim card but the data was from GPS, so a lot more accurate than mast pings.

I think it'd be quite easy to narrow down by the vehicle model, time and location.

But it's also possible the telematics had been disabled.
I don't believe that older, used cars have that capability? I don't think mine does...

While I understand your point, I wouldn’t get too stuck on it. My 18 year old son has a 2016 Corvette. He works full time and has for a couple years. He saved up about 8 grand for his down payment and makes monthly payments on his car. He works for a grocery store so it’s not as far fetched as you’d think.

Agree. I'm a doctor and I drive a 2014 Chevy. A medical assistant I work with drives a 2021 Volvo. We all have different priorities. Also, he could have inherited the truck or it could have been given as a gift from parents or maybe a spouse's car or he borrowed a friend's car that day? All sorts of explanations for a Walmart employee being in that truck on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895