Recovered/Located NV - Ronnie (found deceased) & Beverly Barker (taken for med care), RV trip, Stagecoach, 27 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's great that your son can be on the lookout for this couple. If you go to the Facebook page linked here, they have posters/pictures with info about their vehicles. They have a large RV and a tow car (Kia Soul) with Indiana plates.

Thank you!

It’s at least a 6 hour drive from Stagecoach to the Nellis AFB region near Las Vegas, probably 7 hours .

If they were last seen at 6;40 pm in Stagecoach, we’re they really planning to drive straight through and arrive at 2 or 3 am?

Usually if you got lost and couldnt turn around or got stuck in mud your facing forward. They have a toed on the back. If thats the case they could unhook the car from rv and drive out.
Hopefully they have a full water tank in that rv.
I would also think getting some helos or planes, or drones would be fastest way to find a very large white shiny rv

277758464_10225312300408207_1572315040942876345_n.jpg

Gray estimated that approx 2 hours (8:40 ish pm) after their devices last ping (6:40 pm), they could have been driving around Walker Lake, where he found a possibly difficult spot to maneuver with a big rig (especially if you were not paying attention for a split second).

You can find the discussion at about 47:00 in to the video.

This spot is slightly outside the area they are searching (the red circle on Gray's map).

I know some find his videos too long and tedious, but it's always helpful (for some, like me) to see it discussed and pointed out on a map in real time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 10.29.22.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 10.29.22.png
    980.6 KB · Views: 38
According to update from family on Facebook Search page, they made it past this point (Walker Lake) and were seen on highway camera near Hawthorne. Here is latest family update
Google Maps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.15.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.15.12 AM.png
    772.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I wonder if they are familiar with the route. So many times when traveling out west in the less populated areas of the country, our gps has had us turn down roads that were nothing more than old, forest service roads that were next to impossible to traverse and lead to nowhere. Often, the roads start out paved for the first few miles then begin to degrade. You don’t realize it until it is too late. If you go gown one of these in a big rv there is just nowhere to turn around.
If this happened as it began to get dark, they may be really stuck in tight somewhere.
Hope they are found soon.

I wonder if they are familiar with the route. So many times when traveling out west in the less populated areas of the country, our gps has had us turn down roads that were nothing more than old, forest service roads that were next to impossible to traverse and lead to nowhere. Often, the roads start out paved for the first few miles then begin to degrade. You don’t realize it until it is too late. If you go gown one of these in a big rv there is just nowhere to turn around.
If this happened as it began to get dark, they may be really stuck in tight somewhere.
Hope they are found soon.
I’m very familiar with that route. The first time I traveled in some of those areas I had to either back up or do some tight turnarounds in a large SUV. Can’t imagine how rough it would be to back up a long distance RV.

My dad and I drove his RV on that route a few times. We were VERY careful to make sure we didn’t make any turns where we might have had to back up or turn around.

It is easy to see how anyone could have gotten into a tight spot.

According to update from family on Facebook Search page, they made it past this point (Walker Lake) and were seen on highway camera near Hawthorne. Here is latest family update
Google Maps

So this is important. The documented sighting at the gas station in Stagecoach somehow has an incorrect clock time. If NHP notes them on their traffic cam on Highway 95 near Hawthorne,NV at 5:30 pm then they were in Stagecoach more like 2:30 pm.

So documented sighting by NHP at 5:30 pm. No pings in Tonopah, NV where there clearly is cell service, but evidently not any CCTV footage. Hawthorne to Tonopah should be less than 2 hours, and 7:30 pm is half an hour after sunset, but not full-on dark.

The time of their last ping in the area of the intersection of Highway 6 and Highway 95 (known as Coaldale area) hasnt been released, as far as I can tell, so we can't tell what kind of progress their phones, watches, ipad, etc were making.

Highway 95 is very flat in that area, as you can tell from GH's video. As he said "there's nowhere to get lost". This area is also well-traveled by passenger vehicles as well as long-haul truckers. Many of those truckers will be driving east along Highway 6 from the Bishop, CA area to turn onto Highway 95 at that Coaldale intersection, both to to north towards northern Nevada, Idaho and to go east towards Utah.

It doesn't seem that there is any evidence of a collision at that intersection that would render their rig inoperable. I am quite sure there is cell service all along Highway 95. I have Verizon, which is really the best in this area and farther west along the eastern Sierras and northern Nevada-Tahoe region. Don't know about T-mobile in this area, but Highway 95 is a major N-S route in Nevada and would likely have decent coverage there.

GH mentions Dyer, NV, a tiny farming hamlet of 320 people which is 35 miles SW of the Coaldale intersection, on a couple of paved back roads off of Highway 6. This doesn't make any sense other than perhaps it is technically the closest "inhabited" area from the Coaldale intersection. They'd have no reason to go there at all, IMHO.

One thing that does occur to me is that their rig must be pretty long, with the attached toad. People really love to speed along Highway 95 and they might have run across someone really impatient to pass them who got pissed off and wanted to run them off the road or something. Except their large white rig should have been easily visible for miles in that open desert region. It's some ways off the road until you get to some hills you could even hide a rig like that in.

There also have to have been at least 2 other people involved in their disappearance:

One person to drive their rig (and them) out of sight

One person to drive his own vehicle away from the scene.

My feeling right now is that Highway 6 and it's offshoots should be very thoroughly searched. I know there is a Caltrans camera at the Calfornia Agricultural Inspection Station in Benton ( aka: The bug station). It would easily pick up their large rig if it was taken into California.

https://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d9/us6stateline1.htm

us6stateline1.jpg

Last edited:
So this is important. The documented sighting at the gas station in Stagecoach somehow has an incorrect clock time. If NHP notes them on their traffic cam on Highway 95 near Hawthorne,NV at 5:30 pm then they were in Stagecoach more like 2:30 pm.

So documented sighting by NHP at 5:30 pm. No pings in Tonopah, NV where there clearly is cell service, but evidently not any CCTV footage. Hawthorne to Tonopah should be less than 2 hours, and 7:30 pm is half an hour after sunset, but not full-on dark.

The time of their last ping in the area of the intersection of Highway 6 and Highway 95 (known as Coaldale area) hasnt been release, as far as I can tell, so we can't tell what kind of progress their phones, watches, ipad, etc were making.

Highway 95 is very flat in that area, as you can tell from GH's video. As he said "there's nowhere to get lost". This area is also well-traveled by passenger vehicles as well as long-haul truckers. Many of those truckers will be driving east along Highway 6 from the Bishop, CA area to turn onto Highway 95 at that Coaldale intersection, both to to north towards northern Nevada, Idaho and to go east towards Utah.

It doesn't seem that there is any evidence of a collision at that intersection that would render their rig inoperable. I am quite sure there is cell service all along Highway 95. I have Verizon, which is really the best in this area and farther west along the eastern Sierras and northern Nevada-Tahoe region. Don't know about T-mobile in this area, but Highway 95 is a major N-S route in Nevada and would likely have decent coverage there.

GH mentions Dyer, NV, a tiny farming hamlet of 320 people which is 35 miles SW of the Coaldale intersection, on a couple of paved back roads off of Highway 6. This doesn't make any sense other than perhaps it is technically the closed "inhabited" area from the Coaldale intersection. They'd have no reason to go there at all, IMHO.

One thing that does occur to me is that their rig must be pretty long, with the attached toad. People really love to speed along Highway 95 and they might have run across someone really impatient to pass them who got pissed off and wanted to run them off the road or something. Except their large white rig should have been easily visible for miles in that open desert region. It's some ways off the road until you get to some hills you could even hide a rig like that in.

There also have to have been at least 2 other people involved in their disappearance:

One person to drive their rig (and them) out of sight

One person to drive his own vehicle away from the scene.

My feeling right now is that Highway 6 and it's offshoots should be very thoroughly searched. I know there is a Caltrans camera at the Calfornia Agricultural Inspection Station in Benton ( aka: The bug station). It would easily pick up their large rig if it was taken into California.

https://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d9/us6stateline1.htm

us6stateline1.jpg
Great information, @Herat. Thanks!

Going farther west from the Benton bug station, you end up going into Bishop on Highway 6 to Highway 395. You can go north to the Mammoth Lakes / Lee Vining / Bridgeport area. There Caltrans traffic cameras at the Mammoth intersection (although NOT on Highway 395) and at the top of Conway Summit, just north of Lee Vining.

Going south on Highway 395 is towards southern California either through the 14 to Santa Clarita or on 395 to Victorville / Riverside area. There are Caltrans cameras about 3 hours south of Bishop, and Bishop itself likely has business CCTV cameras, at least at the gas stations.

There are numerous small roads off of Highway 6 between Bishop and Coaldale intersection. You could drive their rig down one of these small paved roads and abandon it.

From the description of their phones, watches, ipads, computers, it sounds as if it would be difficult for someone to actually take ALL of them and even if they were abducted, there should have been something in the camper, trailer, or KIA that would still be pinging.

I do remember now that on FR24 I saw several helicopters in this area last week, not sure of the dates. I think I traced them from Reno to the general area of the Coaldale intersection. I assumed they were work / mining helicopters going to Tonopah, but I left them to go look for more stuff on Naomi Irilon and I couldn't actually see where these copters landed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back