GUILTY NV - Sayah Deal, 1, dies in hot car, dad refuses to break window, Las Vegas, Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
3 online fundraisers have already been set up, including two by paternal relatives. The totals (25k) buy an awful lot of car windows...

In Tennessee there's a Good Samaritan law that allows anyone to break a car window in order to rescue a child inside with no legal repercussions. Does Nevada have such a law? And if not why not?

Any father whose priority is a stupid car window and who lets his child roast inside is NOT a loving father. MOO.

ETA: According to a report from CCDFS, Child Protective Services received five reports of abuse regarding the family of the toddler dating back to 2018. CPS received three allegations of neglect in July and September 2018, one allegation in Jan. 2019 and a final allegation of abuse in June 2020.

CPS said all allegations were found to be unsubstantiated, according to the report. The report does not detail the allegations.
Family of toddler found dead in hot car investigated for abuse allegations multiple times

Something stinks...

RIP, Sayah!

images

Love, your Websleuths Aunties & Uncles

>>>> repectfully snipped by bordem <<<<

Any father whose priority is a stupid car window and who lets his child roast inside is NOT a loving father. MOO.

ETA: According to a report from CCDFS, Child Protective Services received five reports of abuse regarding the family of the toddler dating back to 2018. CPS received three allegations of neglect in July and September 2018, one allegation in Jan. 2019 and a final allegation of abuse in June 2020.

CPS said all allegations were found to be unsubstantiated, according to the report. The report does not detail the allegations.
>>>> repectfully snipped by bordem <<<<
Something stinks...

Thanks for the info, @MsMarple --
In view of the CPS investigation responses and apparent lack of action on any of them, this sweet little girl with the beautiful name and face, is in a much better place.
IMO, had it not been for her death in this situation, things for her would have only gotten worse until a death at a later time. She apparently was a doomed little human being with no one to help. No one. IMO.

Thanks for the info, @MsMarple --
In view of the CPS investigation responses and apparent lack of action on any of them, this sweet little girl with the beautiful name and face, is in a much better place.
IMO, had it not been for her death in this situation, things for her would have only gotten worse until a death at a later time. She apparently was a doomed little human being with no one to help. No one. IMO.

Sadly, I think that you are right. When we hear words like, "privilege" being thrown around, it really makes me think that some children just survive childhood. They live in homes where there is constant chaos. This little one already had Karma, pretty much stamped on her Chakra from birth.

Let's hope that her killer also meets his own karma.

Reading between the lines I wonder if she was in the car much longer than LE was told? The father told LE she had been playing and then fell asleep. According to everything I’ve read LE could see her breathing and when she showed signs of distress they broke the window.
I thought I read the car was in front of the mom’s house? Nothing and no one would have stopped me from breaking a window.

I also read on msm that the guy was telling everyone the air conditioning was running. I’m not sure how the cops couldn’t have been able to tell if this was true or not when they were on scene. I feel like we’re missing a huge part of this story. Either way this guy disgusts me. I have a 20-month-old baby boy that is the absolute light of my life. I would give up my entire vehicle for him. I’d let my house burn down if it somehow ensured that he was safe. I simply cannot comprehend how anyone could equate the value of a physical object as higher than the life of one’s child.
Cars can be replaced. That’s why we have insurance. That precious baby’s life was irreplaceable and it’s a shame that he didn’t just give her up and allow a deserving family the chance to love her and provide for her physical and emotional needs. This man is a pathetic excuse for a human being. JMO

Mother speaks out after young daughter found dead in car | KLAS

“Sayah’s mother, Mariah Coleman, tells 8 News Now she saw Sayah just hours before her death on Monday. Coleman says the loss of her daughter has left her broken, and now she wants answers.

”I’m numb, I’m hurt, I’m disappointed,” Coleman said.

Coleman shared these photos of Sayah, describing her as a sweet little girl, who adored her family. Now, she is saying she’ll never get that back.

“My baby’s smile. The way she turned up a room, how she danced how she laughed,” Coleman said. “How she always wanted to play with my hair when she’s seeing me.”

Coleman says Sidney Deal did not have full custody of their daughter, contrary to what deal’s family has said. Now, she is waiting on deal to contact her with an explanation of why he didn’t break into the car.”

Okay, what’s the timeline for that day?
Right in front of her home? Where had this little one been prior to being in the car?

And he didn’t have full custody.

Lots of information missing.

Last edited:
This story is fishy. He had repeated offers and no one just flat out insisted on breaking the dang window? I have never heard of so many people standing around and accepting someone not wanting to break a car window?

Also is it possible to have rigor that quickly? If she was only in the car for an hour then she was dead less than an hour. I don't want to blame the officers. But I'm confused about how long they were there BEFORE they broke the window. I could care less about PR. Who the heck would ever call it racist to break in a window to rescue a child? That makes no sense.

It's also weird that the child's mother supports him and his story and didn't push to break the window herself. I'm not surprised his mother believes his story but the dead child's mother?

Who dickers with a locksmith over price and just tells them not to bother helping getting his child out of the car? IF he really just wanted to preserve the window unharmed dickering for the best deal is sociopathic and giving UP on getting someone to open the window is insane.

This story is VERY odd and listening to his mother add in some details (of course can’t be verified, but if true would definitely change the entire way this story is being presented) makes me think based on the bystanders and officers actions, the situation makes sense.

This story is being presented like he left his daughter in a hot car, she died, cops show up, other random show up, and he refuses to let them get her to perform life saving measures or just to remove her body until he can get the door opened in a way that causes no damage.

His mother says the air was on and car was on, that the baby was banging on the window showing she was responsive and fine, that he didn’t want to break a window because again the car was on and AC and it wasn’t emergent which would really make everyone else’s actions make sense.

Need more information before judging. The articles out on this are seriously lacking in important details. His mother said he had full custody.

Whether he’s a great guy being dragged by the press, or a guilty , hearing his mother crying at what is being said in the news, not understanding why they are saying it, saying her sons a good, responsible man because she raised him that way. She kept saying he wasn’t some regular joe shmo, and it hurts to watch and know she’s saying my son is not just some black man stereotype who everyone just accepts did something horrible.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/web-extra-sidney-deals-mother-speaks-out-says-son-was-not-negligent-in-his-daughters-death/

I'd still like to know how this child was seen by the police to be breathing in the car and then when they pull her out she's in rigor. This is not physiologically possible, right? I feel like I read once that rigor is faster in car deaths. But not so fast you can see a child breath and then presumably minutes and not hours later she can't be in rigor mortis?

Reading between the lines I wonder if she was in the car much longer than LE was told? The father told LE she had been playing and then fell asleep. According to everything I’ve read LE could see her breathing and when she showed signs of distress they broke the window.
I thought I read the car was in front of the mom’s house? Nothing and no one would have stopped me from breaking a window.

From all I read, it was the father who said that LE saw her breathing. We'll see if that is indeed true, or he said such on his own for support of his story.

Police: Las Vegas man refused to let anyone break window to rescue daughter from hot car

Police: Las Vegas man refused to let anyone break window to rescue daughter from hot car
t_231d6c9d92904085a9962359abffeaa8_name_Capture.JPG

By: Crystal Bonvillian, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
Updated: October 9, 2020 - 6:16 PM
LAS VEGAS — A Nevada man was charged Monday in the hot car death of his 21-month-old daughter after police said he refused to allow either officers or his brother to break his car window to get the girl out of the locked vehicle.

——-
An arrest report obtained by local media details the minutes that led to the death of Sayah Deal. According to KTNV in Las Vegas, Deal told police he’d accidentally locked his keys – and his daughter – inside the car after an argument with his girlfriend.

The girlfriend told detectives she made Deal to leave after the fight. He did, taking the baby with him, but returned a few minutes later for his cellphone.

The Las Vegas Sun reported that the arrest affidavit indicates Deal argued with the woman for another 15 minutes, trying to get his cellphone, before going back to the car. He knocked at her door again a few minutes later after realizing he’d locked his keys in the car.

Deal asked his girlfriend to call his insurance company, a call she placed at 3:06 p.m. According to the police report, she remained on the phone for 23 minutes with an insurance representative, who told her Deal’s policy did not cover roadside assistance.

When they quoted him the price for a locksmith, Deal told her to hang up the phone, the Sun reported.

Four minutes after she hung up the phone, at 3:33 p.m., Deal flagged down police officers and told them what happened. The arrest report states that Deal refused the officers' offer to break the window or call a tow truck or locksmith.
He asked instead to borrow a cellphone to call his brother, authorities said. At that point, Sayah had been alone inside the car for at least 42 minutes.
——-

Instead, his brother, Samid Deal, rushed to the scene to help.

“He immediately took his shirt off, wrapped it around his knuckles and was ready to punch the window,” the arrest report states. “Sidney stopped him and said he wanted to wait for a tow truck. Sidney insisted he not damage his new vehicle, stating he had just bought the car
——-

Police officers eventually broke a window to rescue the toddler but it was too late. Rigor mortis had already begun to set in, according to the Sun.

Snipped
Much more at link
———-

I don’t think the AC was on

How long was the car sitting parked, in the heat, before the argument? How hot was it in there when this sweet little one was put in there? A few minutes after leaving he goes back to mom’s for his phone, argues with mom, realizes Sayah is locked in car. Then mom spends 20+ minutes on phone with insurance company.
I’m guessing the car was hot as hades when Sayah was put in it. Maybe mom and dad argued longer than they are saying.
IF mom is actually saying she last saw her daughter hours before she died then someone is lying about the timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back