NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even thinking about an online calendar. I was thinking of a paper calendar or date book.

Have you found a phone/address book? Maybe try calling everyone he had listed to see if they have heard from him?

It may be in the news report, I don't remember. Did he have a cell phone on him and were the pings traced?

Thank you very much Naegle for answering our questions.

Does the family have any reason to believe Steven was questioning is faith? Are his ties to the church such that he would seek out a ward in Las Vegas? Do you know if Steven had any friends in Vegas?

another thing Naegle, you said he did not have internet access in St. George. when he lived in SLC, did he have a computer and if so what happened to it? Did he trash the hard drive or is it still around?

If the hard drive is still in SLC, it might behoove the family to pay someone to search the hard drive. I suspect it may contain the answers you are looking for, even if it was unused for a year or so.

Naegle: Welcome to WS. I am always glad when family or friends are here and they can shed light on a disappearance.

Although, there has been speculation about Steven and his sexuality, it was done only as looking at a reason he may be missing.

But having just read the most recent article, interview with Steven's dad, he says Steven or the man in the security video was carrying a portfolio.

The word portfolio may mean something different to you than to me.
My first thought, is an artist's portfolio.
And then I thought, maybe he means, it is like a briefcase.
And then the thinking was he met someone while doing the part time
job and they asked about the Mormon religion and he offered to bring
back some literature.

The, you said he was not doing any part time work there.
So,
is it true he was there the day before?
would he have been doing any missionary work there?
do you know what he usually carried in the portfolio?

Is there any correlation at all between Steven and his friends or his friends parents
or relatives or friends of friends?
Just trying to think if there was a reason he would have stopped there that day.

In the area where he parked, was it for guests only and what
section of the homes was it near?

I am very glad to hear that searches have been done and that Steven's dad
has been going door to door.
Does he have fliers to hand out?

I will post Steven's story on FB.
Has Steven been added to NCMA? National Center for Missing Adults.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14152619
'snipped'
The 30-year-old St. George man was last seen Dec. 13 in a homeowner's surveillance video leaving his car in a residential area in Henderson, Nev. Inside the car were Christmas presents for his young cousins and snack food, according to his cousin, Jeff Bradshaw, of Las Vegas. A police investigation, searches of the surrounding desert by helicopter and all-terrain vehicles, and the efforts of family and friends has turned up nothing substantive.
"We're taking things one day at a time," said Steven's mother, Deanne, who lives in Bountiful. "We go through different scenarios to try and get a handle on it, but none of it makes sense. I can't believe it's been this many days."
Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards.
Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.
"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

..more at link..

So it appears that he has family in Vegas - quite possibly friends as well.

I took Naedle's reference to Steven being active to mean physically active. If he was into hiking, the Black Mountain Foothills could have been a possible destination.

So we now know he wasn't here to work. Does anyone know why he was here? He told Mr. Webb that he was here - did he ever say why?

Also, although he didn't have Internet access at home, he could have been using a computer at the library or an Internet cafe. I should think with all the coverage in St. George, someone who may have known him to frequent such a place would have come forward by now???

Hey Everyone,
This is KC Naegle, Steven's cousin. I was so excited to see a group that looked like they were using the internet to find answers, but this has spiraled into nothing but speculation. If you want to speculate, fine. Come up with a scenario then try and prove or disprove it. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time and upsetting people.
I'd love to be a resource for you all here and answer questions and straighten out some of the facts you have wrong, but that would all be useless if this is just going to turn into an argument.

Hi Naegle. Welcome to WS's. You are correct that most of what we have done here has moved into speculation and opinions. However that is what this section of the Missing Persons forum is about.

You will see there are two different tabs under "Missing Persons" that you might find helpful. The first one is the Missing/Located Information and Support Tab. That is where members post links to articles, flyers, web pages, etc. Knowing that family members and people close to the case come to this board, we only discuss what we know to be true and offer support to the family. (I don't see a page set up for Steven there yet, you may want to do so).

The second tab (which is what we are on) is the Missing/Located Forum Discussion Section. Once we have gotten past the facts of the case (as we know them) we look into other reasons why the person might have gone missing. This is where you will find members discussing all aspects of the case; theories, speculation, rumor, etc. Many of the theories we come up (true or false) can be hurtful to the family. That is not our intent, but does happen at times. Sometimes you need to look at all aspects of a case in order to get to the truth.

I hope that helps you to understand what we are trying to do here, so you know we are not just trying to be hurtful. At the end of the day, we all want this case to be solved. Most of the members here, originally came here because they were involved in their own missing person case. Some have been solved, some remain unsolved, and yet most of us stay so we can somehow help others.

Sorry for the rambling. Welcome again. Great Job on the Facebook page.

Welcome, Naegle-thank you for taking on the role of spokesperson for the family. Please send the the owner of the website, Tricia Griffiths, a heads up email letter her know you are speaking for the family-you can get her at tgrif@xmission.com

Tell us what you would like us to do: spread the word, dig around, speculate? Where can we help the family fill in the time line??

Would Steven have been spreading the word in that section of Vegas and if so, is that kind of activity self directed or would he have been sent to the area by someone in particular???

Running in and out fast. Can someone tell me how far St. George is from Henderson. Also, how far is Sacremento from St. George and how far is it from Henderson. On December 8th he was in Nevada and told a friends parents he was planning on going to Sacremento. We also know that he was back home (st. george) the 10th and 11th. So what (who) was he going back and forth to Nevada and/or sacremento in such a short time frame? How often did he make the trip(s)?

St. George to Henderson is 134 miles, 2 hours 9 mins.

Henderson to Sacramento, 567 miles, 9 hours 37 mins.

Where did that info come from? Did I miss an update here?

St. George to Henderson is 134 miles, 2 hours 9 mins.

Henderson to Sacramento, 567 miles, 9 hours 37 mins.

Where did that info come from? Did I miss an update here?

Hi Web. Thanks for the information. Normally I would have looked myself, but was in a hurry and wanted to get my questions on here. Knew another poster might be able to help (and I was right :)). You did not miss an update on here. When I was looking around for more information, there was a post on the FB site that said Steven stopped by a friends house in Nevada on the 8th. He stayed for lunch and told the friend's parents he was planning on going to Sacremento. They had no further specific information regarding why he was going there, but thought it might be to visit friends or relatives.

Obviously, the family is already aware of this. I just wanted to bring the information over here for our discussion. See what we may be able to come up with.

Well, if he had a portfolio of sorts in his hand as he exited his car, he obviously had a specific purpose for being in that neighborhood that day. There HAS to be someone that lives in that vicinity that had a specific appointment with Steven that day.

I feel foolish speaking about where I would begin, because I would HOPE LE has already taken care of these. But if it was my loved one, I would get his cell phone records for the last couple of months and personally visit each and every one of the people he talked to. Of course if it was a relative, no need, but you get my point. As he didn't have computer access at home, it most likely was a telephone contact that brought him to that location.

Then I would also take flyers and personally speak to each and every resident in that neighborhood. Someone had an appointment with Steven that day. Someone knows why he was there.

I hope they find him and that all is well.

JMHO
fran

Well, if he had a portfolio of sorts in his hand as he exited his car, he obviously had a specific purpose for being in that neighborhood that day. There HAS to be someone that lives in that vicinity that had a specific appointment with Steven that day.

I feel foolish speaking about where I would begin, because I would HOPE LE has already taken care of these. But if it was my loved one, I would get his cell phone records for the last couple of months and personally visit each and every one of the people he talked to.

Not necessarily Fran. The portfolio, whatever that exactly means, could simply be a vehicle in which he kept some papers. It does not mean an appointment book. Family has purportedly confirmed he was not there on business.

As for the cell phone, it was reported that they checked the numbers already and they were all known to the family except one. They called that number and those were the strangers he had helped out.

Hi Web. Thanks for the information. Normally I would have looked myself, but was in a hurry and wanted to get my questions on here. Knew another poster might be able to help (and I was right :)). You did not miss an update on here. When I was looking around for more information, there was a post on the FB site that said Steven stopped by a friends house in Nevada on the 8th. He stayed for lunch and told the friend's parents he was planning on going to Sacremento. They had no further specific information regarding why he was going there, but thought it might be to visit friends or relatives.

Obviously, the family is already aware of this. I just wanted to bring the information over here for our discussion. See what we may be able to come up with.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I saw this on the Facebook page and no none really followed up. Like OP said, I'm sure this has been addressed by family and police, but since it was the one odd thing that stood out, I am curious?

fabuls

Oh, thanks webrocket, I had forgotten they did already check all of the numbers on his cell phone account.

Well, although we don't know what the documents or portfolio Steven was carrying that day were pertaining to, all indications are it was MOST LIKELY having to do with his purpose of visiting this particular area that day. Whether it was 'official business,' ie for employment, or having to do with charity or the church or whatever, they most likely hold the key.

I still would do an extensive canvassing of residents in the area, making it a point to personally interview each and every person in the neighborhood. I'd be passing out flyers at the same time. I know they're doing extensive searching in the surrounding desert area, but if it were me, I'd be concentrating on the people in the vicinity of where he was last spotted (ie video).

IMHO, SOMEONE in that area was meeting Steven that day. I don't believe he'd just arbitrarily pick that neighborhood to drop his car off. There's a REASON his car was parked there. SOMEONE KNOWS.

Heck, with the resources available to LE, I'd do a quick background check on many of the people in that neighborhood. Even just one person could do basic computer checks etc, to see if there's something in 'one' person's background that could have anything to do with what Steven could have been involved in or looking into.

JMHO
fran

I've stated before that I think he chose the neighborhood because it was not likely to attract attention to himself or his car. The neighborhood is way too large for LE to check on all the residents. There are thousands of homes in this development. The person he was hooking up with (for whatever purpose) might not even live there. He may have been walking out to the main road.

LE knows the address in front of which he parked and the direction he walked in. I'd love to know if there were any other home security systems along the road in the direction he was walking. Not that anyone's video is still available at this date, but certainly worth looking into.

I do wish we had a little more to go on here. If there is a chance that Steven was secretly meeting someone or wishing to disappear, it would help to have some idea of the context. I'm right here in Vegas and could do a little searching if I had a clue where to look. There are certain parts of the city where one would go if they were looking for something in particular....KWIM?

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=11798670

A Utah family is frantically searching for their son after his car was found in an Henderson neighborhood. The 30 year old has been missing since the middle of December and right now his family is looking for any clues.

Chris Steven Koecher's parents say he never mentioned a trip to Las Vegas and they don't think he had even visited here. That is why they were shocked to get a call last month saying their son's car had been parked in a Anthem neighborhood for days.

"Nothing has been the same since that minute", said Deanne Koecher, Chris's mother.

Steven's father makes a good point in that Steven did tell his friend that he was in Vegas but would return to St. George to cover a meeting. That doesn't sound like something a person who was hiding something would do.

The fact that he did tell his friend where he was and that he would come back to cover the meeting does make it seem like he wasn't trying to disappear. I would also think he would need his cell phone charger and his car, credit cards, etc. if he was planning on being gone. IMHO. Sure hope some clue turns up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme