NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steven was running drugs between SLC & Vegas, I doubt he would have needed a loan from his folks.

Do any of the stations he stopped at sell E85? I venture to guess not many do. If they do he either planned the trip out ahead of time (likely leaving a note of some sort) OR he has done it enough times to know where to go.

If someone has info as to the last station he stopped at Id be willing to call and ask if they sell E85.

EDIT: Here is a link to places in NV that sell E85. http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?state=nvNevada&PHPSESSID=f646ad57b47cebd9ce0120310f860e32

if you recall the car was found with half a tank of gas. It could be assumed he filled up in St George

Not necessarily. Some phones have a button to check voicemail. No password required.

There is no doubt in my mind that Webb knows more than he has reported. It is way to big a coincidence that two guys who know each other are in a different state at the same time speaking over the phone together but they know nothing about what the other is doing. Not likely.

Right now the only two leads I can really see clearly worth pursuing given what we know are Webb and/or someone on Evening Lights.

Not to say the rest of the conjectures aren't useful. They potentially fill in gaps and create shortcuts to the truth.

I think CTZN was saying that the call to voicemail may have been made from a different phone, where you'd have to call the number itself.

OK, I know I got in on this late, but I see NO discussion about Steven's cousin Jeff Bradshaw, who lives in Las Vegas.

Is this a coincidence, or is Steve's cousin the same Jeff Bradshaw whose realty office is at 10120 S Eastern Ave, Henderson, NV 89052...an office Steven would have driven right by, if he'd traveled the logical route:

If it is, look at this: http://snurl.com/u2plz
A = The realty office
B = Where Steve's car was found

Realty offices everywhere in this case, it seems. But I guess that's Vegas.

Not necessarily. Some phones have a button to check voice mail. No password required.
QUOTE]

The police said that the person dialed the actual number for AT&T phone messages, based on the information they received from the phone company. Don't most people dial the number of the phone to access the voice mail? My phone has a bottom for VM but it just dials my own number. Does anyone have an AT&T phone? How does it work for that carrier?

And actually, I don't even know if he has an AT&T phone. Maybe whoever was checking messages was checking messages for their phone and didn't want to call their number and have it on Stephen's phone...or Stephen has another phone and he checked the messages that way so the number would not be on his call log. Whoever made the call, in my mind, did not want the cell phone number of the cell they were checking VM for on Steven's phone log so they called the carriers number. Who memorizes that???? Someone who has something to hide? This happened right before the phone died or was turned off. I would love to know if this was anywhere near Anthem???? Was it the same tower as the one when he answered the phone from Webb? This would definitely mean that we should be SCOURING that neighborhood if it was in the same area.

Do any of the stations he stopped at sell E85? I venture to guess not many do. If they do he either planned the trip out ahead of time (likely leaving a note of some sort) OR he has done it enough times to know where to go.

If someone has info as to the last station he stopped at Id be willing to call and ask if they sell E85.

EDIT: Here is a link to places in NV that sell E85. http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?state=nvNevada&PHPSESSID=f646ad57b47cebd9ce0120310f860e32

According to Naegle, he bought gas at a Shell Station in Mesquite NV on Dec 12th. I don't see that station on the list. But remember, flex fuel vehicles don't require E85; they also use regular fuel (hence the "flex").

The significance of the fuel stop won't be known, until we know the time AND how much fuel he purchased...since the car was found half-full of gas.

Not necessarily. Some phones have a button to check voice mail. No password required.
QUOTE]

The police said that the person dialed the actual number for AT&T phone messages, based on the information they received from the phone company. Don't most people dial the number of the phone to access the voice mail? My phone has a bottom for VM but it just dials my own number. Does anyone have an AT&T phone? How does it work for that carrier?

And actually, I don't even know if he has an AT&T phone. Maybe whoever was checking messages was checking messages for their phone and didn't want to call their number and have it on Stephen's phone...or Stephen has another phone and he checked the messages that way so the number would not be on his call log. Whoever made the call, in my mind, did not want the cell phone number of the cell they were checking VM for on Steven's phone log so they called the carriers number. Who memorizes that???? Someone who has something to hide? This happened right before the phone died or was turned off. I would love to know if this was anywhere near Anthem???? Was it the same tower as the one when he answered the phone from Webb? This would definitely mean that we should be SCOURING that neighborhood if it was in the same area.

I have Sprint. I press a couple of buttons to get to Voicemail, and it says "dialing Voicemail". BUT...when I checked the outgoing calls, it shows a call to my own phone number.

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about AT&T Voicemail:
https://www.vm.att.com/dchelp/EN/att_vm_user_guide.pdf
Page 12 starts the instructions. You can dial your own mailbox number or go through an 888 number.

Maybe AT&T meant that the phone number was "dialed" rather than just a button push. AT&T is the carrier with the largest number of smartphones -- and we still don't know if Steven had one of those. He'd have GPS navigation through a smartphone.

If Steven was running drugs between SLC & Vegas, I doubt he would have needed a loan from his folks.

What if someone thought they were just a delivery person (courier) and didn't know what was in the packages?

Naegle said in an earlier post that he had a simple phone without internet.

I missed that.

I have a four-year old ugly pink Sprint flip phone. I can get internet on it through PCS Vision. Not great stuff, I haven't used it that way for awhile, but I could. OF COURSE AT&T would have told the family about his plan and phone capabilities.

We keep hearing Steve wasn't much on the internet, but his job history shows he'd have had to been pretty darned savvy about things. Look at his LinkedIn profile, and what he did for the Trib.

OK, I know I got in on this late, but I see NO discussion about Steven's cousin Jeff Bradshaw, who lives in Las Vegas.

Is this a coincidence, or is Steve's cousin the same Jeff Bradshaw whose realty office is at 10120 S Eastern Ave, Henderson, NV 89052...an office Steven would have driven right by, if he'd traveled the logical route:

If it is, look at this: http://snurl.com/u2plz
A = The realty office
B = Where Steve's car was found

Realty offices everywhere in this case, it seems. But I guess that's Vegas.

Good point, did he contact his cousin out there? i know he had presents but who were they for, his cousins kids?

Also, if the realty office was his it was probably closed being Sunday and all.

I have ATT and when I am in my local area, my VM button calls a local number but it is not my cell number. I was out of town recentlly and just checked my call log details and it dials my local VM number long distance?

Anyways, I would be interested in the cell tower ping locations for Webb and Stevens calls as well. Some of the "Webb's" on the FB group are from LV and St. George. So I am sure GW had family from there.

Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards.

Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.

"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

Webb, who did not know why Koecher was in the Las Vegas area, said his friend always told him if he was not planning to be at church. That Sunday, he never called.

"It's one thing that sticks out in my mind," said Webb.

Webb said Koecher, who worked for The Salt Lake Tribune 's online edition from March 2007 until July 2008, had been actively looking for a full-time job and had sent out his résumé to a list of possible employers.

Where is this list of potential employers?

Sorry, one more thing. I know everyone has touched on this but it looked interesting again to me.

"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

Webb, who did not know why Koecher was in the Las Vegas area, said his friend always told him if he was not planning to be at church. That Sunday, he never called.

Like it has been stated, it seems he is making points to cover that he is in contact with Steven often. They are probably EQ teachers and he wanted him to cover teaching that Sunday. Was he at church on the 10th since he was in Springville and if not, did Steven call that Sunday and tell Webb he would not be there? EQ teachers probably alternate Sundays and if the 13th was GW's day to teach, did Steven make it back from Ruby/Springville area to teach Sunday the 10th?

Sorry, one more thing. I know everyone has touched on this but it looked interesting again to me.

Like it has been stated, it seems he is making points to cover that he is in contact with Steven often. They are probably EQ teachers and he wanted him to cover teaching that Sunday. Was he at church on the 10th since he was in Springville and if not, did Steven call that Sunday and tell Webb he would not be there? EQ teachers probably alternate Sundays and if the 13th was GW's day to teach, did Steven make it back from Ruby/Springville area to teach Sunday the 10th?

So sorry, this post was all messed up. I am kinda obsessed but also kinda sleep deprived. lol. I see my dates are off and I saw on the time line, he was at church on the 6th.
Disregard my whole post. I will go back to lurking.

I put no stock in any psychiatric condition like amnesia or a fugue, the latter which is an extraordinarily rare condition.

I will try to provide a concise summary as to why I do not think Steven was the victim of foul play. Crime victims do not ordinarily cover their own tracks in the run up to their demise. When Chandra Levy disappeared, the cops looked at her computer and found she had done some searches about the park. She did not clear out her search history prior to being murdered.

Steven purposely obscured his activities from family and friends. I think the view is near unanimous at this time that he did not find his destination by accident. Nowadays, unless you have been to a place a number of times, you get directions online like Mapquest or you get them on the phone and write them down. Here we have no phone trail and no internet history. WHY?

The simple answer is that he did not want them saved or he used the public library. Not the actions of someone who is the victim of a crime.

Now, this is not to say that the other person Steven hooked up with on Evening Lights did not do harm to him. However, that would require the other person to believe that Steven left no paper trail. It gets quite convoluted, but the key element here is obfuscation of Steven's activities by Steven and this other party.

WHY?

I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist and even if I were, I could not make a diagnosis like this. I've stated my views on this a long time ago. If, and I say if, I am correct, of course disappearing was not something Steven HAD to do. I can't say what transpired in the Koecher family on that subject. If, and again I say if, as one person posted earlier, the family might have considered Steven to be "dead" if he practiced immoral sex, then he may have decided to let the family feel that in real time as some sort of payback.

While that may sound out of character for this basically very decent young man, he may have concluded that he could not reconcile what he considered his sexual/emotional needs with the family's religious mores.

Might be wrong, but I believe early on it was said the Mesquite station sold E85. Can someone confirm?

Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards.

Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.

Webb said Koecher, who worked for The Salt Lake Tribune 's online edition from March 2007 until July 2008, had been actively looking for a full-time job and had sent out his résumé to a list of possible employers.

Where is this list of potential employers?

Does anyone have a copy of his most recent resume? Is the Salt Lake Tribune listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77