NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering some of the things we've speculated on this thread, I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/23328400/detail.html

Basically a guy was running a full dental service out of his basement. A few years back, we also had this incident, where a couple was doing low-budget lipsuction:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/9700941/detail.html

Both of these were in perfectly ordinary middle-class neighborhoods. The liposuction people rented a basement from another woman.

I don't think SK was a victim of a botched liposuction, but it does give some perspective on the kinds of things that can be going on behind the scenes.

Considering some of the things we've speculated on this thread, I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/23328400/detail.html

Basically a guy was running a full dental service out of his basement. A few years back, we also had this incident, where a couple was doing low-budget lipsuction:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/9700941/detail.html

Both of these were in perfectly ordinary middle-class neighborhoods. The liposuction people rented a basement from another woman.

I don't think SK was a victim of a botched liposuction, but it does give some perspective on the kinds of things that can be going on behind the scenes.

Especially in a close-together neighborhood of multi-family homes.

If you saw people going in and out, you'd probably suspect drugs -- not The Little Shop of Horros.

I'm here! Thinking so hard my head hurts!

A bit of poor taste, and perhaps against LDS standards (that image of Steven's birthmark, for example).
They wrote the comments besides the pictures themselves. Many commented based on what they saw and read. When you're making gay jokes on an internet page, for all the world to see, you can't really get mad at people for reading it all.
What we can see through archives.org, is little of what was originally up there. I wish I could figure out how to access the archive of the page about Steven and the remarks.

It's an early warning about "social networking" and predated Facebook.

As most here, I saw the one photo only, with the Birthmark exposed.
As for the comments made, are you saying that the family themselves are the ones who originally made the comments and THEN others made some jokes about the photos?

IF anyone recalls those comments or jokes, perhaps they can say?

Seems to me that if the comments were from people who knew him and the others on the photos....and perhaps did some good humored bantering, (albeit a touchy kind) .....the family may be excluding from profiling or considering an entire sub-culture or group of his friends which could in the long run prove fruitful towards providing information about his "off time" , habits and interests when he disappeared?

I may have the images and comments archived on my computer at work.

iirc... the comments were loaded on the pages with the images. The roommates made the comments themselves. It was just something they'd done for fun.

I do have 2 of the roommate's FB pages bookmarked here at home.

As most here, I saw the one photo only, with the Birthmark exposed.
As for the comments made, are you saying that the family themselves are the ones who originally made the comments and THEN others made some jokes about the photos?

IF anyone recalls those comments or jokes, perhaps they can say?

Seems to me that if the comments were from people who knew him and the others on the photos....and perhaps did some good humored bantering, (albeit a touchy kind) .....the family may be excluding from profiling or considering an entire sub-culture or group of his friends which could in the long run prove fruitful towards providing information about his "off time" , habits and interests when he disappeared?

NO! I'm sure it was just a bunch of young guys goofing around. I'm thankful for the picture of Steven's birthmark, but I don't really think we should make any more of what was there.

I may have the images and comments archived on my computer at work.

iirc... the comments were loaded on the pages with the images. The roommates made the comments themselves. It was just something they'd done for fun.

I do have 2 of the roommate's FB pages bookmarked here at home.

Yes, it was fun stuff done by college boys who've learned a lot about life since (like how joking around can have different meanings when something sad happens to one of them). Only the page owner could have removed it, and it had nothing to do with the family.

This map is just a small portion of those UID in NV. Overwhelming, really.

Map: Unidentified bodies found in Northern Nevada
http://www.rgj.com/article/99999999/NEWS01/90917034/Map-Unidentified-bodies-found-in-Northern-Nevada

Obviously there'd be more, if the entire state was included.
42 unidentified bodies in 29 years (1979 to 2008, when map created).
Putting it into perspective: 1.5 incidents per year in Central/Northern Nevada.

Where do you start? If no one's looking for the person, if they're not reported missing, if there's no relative's DNA, if they've never been arrested......

I'd think NAMUS would be an answer, but I just did a search with ONLY four of Steven's criteria: male, white, under 40, last known alive Dec 12th 2009. That means I was looking for ALL nationwide cases.

3 cases found based on
Estimated Age "Adult - Pre 40",
Date Found "After December 12, 2009",
Race "White", Sex "Male"

UP # Date Found County ST Case Number Sex Race Age Range

6957 04/23/2010 Val Verde TX, M.E.10-200, Male, White, 20 to 40
6565 01/06/2010 Maricopa AZ, 10-0168, Male, White, 25 to 40
6536 12/28/2009 Maricopa AZ 09-7492, Male, White, 23 to 57

All of the above are hispanic. I'm having a hard time believing that
there are no other unidentified remains of under-40 white males.

Obviously there'd be more, if the entire state was included.
42 unidentified bodies in 29 years (1979 to 2008, when map created).
Putting it into perspective: 1.5 incidents per year in Central/Northern Nevada.

Where do you start? If no one's looking for the person, if they're not reported missing, if there's no relative's DNA, if they've never been arrested......

I'd think NAMUS would be an answer, but I just did a search with ONLY four of Steven's criteria: male, white, under 40, last known alive Dec 12th 2009. That means I was looking for ALL nationwide cases.

3 cases found based on
Estimated Age "Adult - Pre 40",
Date Found "After December 12, 2009",
Race "White", Sex "Male"

UP # Date Found County ST Case Number Sex Race Age Range

6957 04/23/2010 Val Verde TX, M.E.10-200, Male, White, 20 to 40
6565 01/06/2010 Maricopa AZ, 10-0168, Male, White, 25 to 40
6536 12/28/2009 Maricopa AZ 09-7492, Male, White, 23 to 57

All of the above are hispanic. I'm having a hard time believing that
there are no other unidentified remains of under-40 white males.

bbm

Where did you see that info on the map? All I see is the map spans the years 1979 to the present and the date is May 2010.

bbm

Where did you see that info on the map? All I see is the map spans the years 1979 to the present and the date is May 2010.

It's not on the map; it's a separate search I did on NAMUS, which was supposedly set up to collect all the data on missing persons cases and link them with unidentified remains.

If I only came up with three men who matched Steven's criteria, does that mean there's only three unidentified while males under 40 since Dec 12th?

I got the 2008 date from the larger map (which pops up when you click on the link at the bottom of the map you posted). Maybe I misinterpreted it -- it does say "updated Jan 13th" but without a year.

If so, that means the data is from 31 years, not 29. Not a huge difference, but an error on my part.

It's not on the map; it's a separate search I did on NAMUS, which was supposedly set up to collect all the data on missing persons cases and link them with unidentified remains.

If I only came up with three men who matched Steven's criteria, does that mean there's only three unidentified while males under 40 since Dec 12th?

I got the 2008 date from the larger map (which pops up when you click on the link at the bottom of the map you posted). Maybe I misinterpreted it -- it does say "updated Jan 13th" but without a year.

If so, that means the data is from 31 years, not 29. Not a huge difference, but an error on my part.

I get it now, thanks. It is one of those days. I would bet there are more UID white males. Also that map is not for all of Nevada just part of it, it would be helpful to see all UID in all of Nevada.

I get it now, thanks. It is one of those days. I would bet there are more UID white males. Also that map is not for all of Nevada just part of it, it would be helpful to see all UID in all of Nevada.

My fault. I typed my patented version of word salad, which can confuse.

I think there has to be more UID white males since Dec 12th across the US -- but part of the problem is the way NAMUS search works.

You can get completely different results by playing with the options under "white" (hispanic/latino, other, none).

I know Hispanics are considered white, but can't we have something like "white" and "white (hispanic" up front? I think their search is getting confused....

I would HOPE that, at the time a missing/unidentified record is input, the system would automatically go into search mode and pop out some possible matches.

We need an up-dated news article on Steven, something to keep him in the news. Or the family needs to hold some type of event in his name. This is fizzling.

We need an up-dated news article on Steven, something to keep him in the news. Or the family needs to hold some type of event in his name. This is fizzling.

Because of something that's lacking, IMO. Something the family (not Naegle, but his immediate family) has access to, but doesn't necessarily recognize it. Or maybe they know, and are ignoring it.

Like "how bad was that argument Steven had with his Dad", on the phone, Dec 9th? Was there more than one phone call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932