NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I have been lurking since the beginning, and have tried to keep up with everything. While reading tonight, I thought of something...SK mentioned going to Sacramento. The Ruby Valley visit is interesting, because I felt he went there to say goodbye. Was there a romantic interest in his part with the girl whose family lived there? I had a theory, so did some searching...

The last ping/phone call was the Whitney Ranch location at approx 6:04 a.m. There is a Greyhound bus location approx 5 miles and 10 minutes away from Whitney Ranch. There was a bus that left Henderson, NV for Sacramento, CA which would have departed at approx 6:20 a.m that morning from that station. Could he have just left his old life behind and gone to Sacramento by bus? He may have just stayed in a motel the night before--maybe deciding whether to go through with it. He may have just arbitrarily picked a place to leave his car and then took public transit to his other locations. (It appears that there is Regional Transit service a few blocks away to where he was last seen--the route takes it past Coronado High School, approx 4 miles away.)

Other questions I have, although I am not sure anyone but SK could answer them:
Could he have been a gambler? Maybe he was ashamed because he had an addiction, and did not want his family to know?

Maybe he had a secret romance with someone who was not mormon? Do we know if he was going to Las Vegas in the months before he went missing?

I know his family does not want to believe that he would leave them behind, but if he was at the point of desperation, he may have. I know--I almost did the same thing myself 18 yrs ago-Dec 1992. I had lost my job, was doing freelance travel/meeting planning work, was behind on my rent, and had a very bad break up with my boyfriend in Oct. I had a trip scheduled the beginning of Dec to Lake Louise, Alberta Canada. (Paid for by an airline as part of a meeting planners junket.) I was 4,000 miles from my family, my ex, and the horrible life I had. I seriously (and I do mean seriously) thought about leaving everything and everyone behind and starting over fresh in Calgary. It would have been fairly easy to do--I had some money on me and had waitressing/bartending skills and would have been able to survive. I was not close with my family and felt like I was a disappointment to them anyway, a failure, and I did not want to feel that way anymore. The only thing that kept me from leaving was my grandmother. So, I did not run away--I came home, moved to Atlanta for a job and got my life back together. My point is that especially right before the holidays, even though he bought Christmas presents etc, he may still have felt dispair, and although his religion might prevent him from taking his own life, he may have instead left his old live behind to begin again. I really feel in my gut that there is no foul play, just Steven walking away. Just my thoughts FWIW.

Hi guys! I have been lurking since the beginning, and have tried to keep up with everything. While reading tonight, I thought of something...SK mentioned going to Sacramento. The Ruby Valley visit is interesting, because I felt he went there to say goodbye. Was there a romantic interest in his part with the girl whose family lived there? I had a theory, so did some searching...

The last ping/phone call was the Whitney Ranch location at approx 6:04 a.m. There is a Greyhound bus location approx 5 miles and 10 minutes away from Whitney Ranch. There was a bus that left Henderson, NV for Sacramento, CA which would have departed at approx 6:20 a.m that morning from that station. Could he have just left his old life behind and gone to Sacramento by bus? He may have just stayed in a motel the night before--maybe deciding whether to go through with it. He may have just arbitrarily picked a place to leave his car and then took public transit to his other locations. (It appears that there is Regional Transit service a few blocks away to where he was last seen--the route takes it past Coronado High School, approx 4 miles away.)

Other questions I have, although I am not sure anyone but SK could answer them:
Could he have been a gambler? Maybe he was ashamed because he had an addiction, and did not want his family to know?

Maybe he had a secret romance with someone who was not mormon? Do we know if he was going to Las Vegas in the months before he went missing?

I know his family does not want to believe that he would leave them behind, but if he was at the point of desperation, he may have. I know--I almost did the same thing myself 18 yrs ago-Dec 1992. I had lost my job, was doing freelance travel/meeting planning work, was behind on my rent, and had a very bad break up with my boyfriend in Oct. I had a trip scheduled the beginning of Dec to Lake Louise, Alberta Canada. (Paid for by an airline as part of a meeting planners junket.) I was 4,000 miles from my family, my ex, and the horrible life I had. I seriously (and I do mean seriously) thought about leaving everything and everyone behind and starting over fresh in Calgary. It would have been fairly easy to do--I had some money on me and had waitressing/bartending skills and would have been able to survive. I was not close with my family and felt like I was a disappointment to them anyway, a failure, and I did not want to feel that way anymore. The only thing that kept me from leaving was my grandmother. So, I did not run away--I came home, moved to Atlanta for a job and got my life back together. My point is that especially right before the holidays, even though he bought Christmas presents etc, he may still have felt dispair, and although his religion might prevent him from taking his own life, he may have instead left his old live behind to begin again. I really feel in my gut that there is no foul play, just Steven walking away. Just my thoughts FWIW.

Welcome Jules

You have summed up very succinctly many of the feelings I have expressed about Steven from early on. Welcome to posting on the boards.

I know I read somewhere that Steven worked as a "roadie". I think that's someone that helps set up musical equipment for a concert or show. Could this be the connection.

Steven answers an ad for help to set up some production in SCA, is taken to the Whitney area.

(please don't tell me it's someone that blacktops roads, I'll be so disappointed!)

He had helped a guy at the church set up for his band previously. With SK's interest in music and the media--this is why I thought of SB's connection along with the possible link to Z. There could have been many job opportunies with SB or through his connections. Endless really.

Yes, that is exactly what I expect. Someone is MISSING. My point is that someones feet should be on the ground in that neighborhood, the PI or the Marshall or his daughter, spreading the word. For all we, or anyone else knows, Steven could have been killed in SCA. Whether you are living, working, or showing houses, it seems pretty relevant that someone fell off the planet on this street. As a renter, that would definitely be something of interest to me.

Yeah it has been 5 months; and if the residents of SCA can just go on with their lives, what does that say about us? Why should you or I care if they don't?[/quote]

It seems the family has gone on with their lives also--dosen't it? Personally, I'd love to find out what happened to SK, but am fed up to the gills with bad info, no info, and getting thrown info 5 mos down the road that we could have had to work with. Makes for a feeling of insignificance or being told to just go away.

Just my 2 cents on the fence climbing.....they were lucky they weren't arrested for trespassing....and yes someone confronting them.....they could possibly have become another MP. Appalled was upset with us sleuthing here....God forbid if A got ahold of him!

I do not think steven KNEW he was doing illegal jobs. He was doing them for his boss. And his boss was the one making the money. Steven would NOT do it if it was illegal. Maybe he was suspicious, and ..... who knows what happened-a thought anyway.

To me it seems the common denominator between TH and LL's is money. We know LL's wanted ---what about TH? Was he giving or wanting to collect too? Like I mentioned before, maybe SK borrowed that $100? or maybe had borrowed before and owed TH also.

Hey GS,

Just to clear a couple of things up:

The document doesn't appear to log cell tower hand-offs. I don't know if that exists, but I haven't seen it.

There are three calls where the exact cell tower location is unknown. Two of those are the Whitney Ranch calls you reference. As I explain in the pop-up balloons, these are placed in arbitrary, high traffic locations in Whitney Ranch. Take these exact locations with a grain of salt.

That said, Whitney Ranch is relatively small. I have drawn a box around the Whitney Ranch borders.

ETA: I was the one talking to you with Rolf at the search about the pings. I don't remember saying they were all over the valley. But I do remember explaining what I've learned about cell towers. Basically, they can see a phone up to 30 miles IF there's line of site. If overloaded, they'll hand off a call to the next tower, and if that tower is overloaded, it'll do the same. Since Vegas is flat, Steve could have hypothetically been in North Las Vegas and had his calls ping off Henderson towers. I think that is extremely unlikely and that Steve was in a close proximity to the towers he pinged off of for two reasons: cell phones look for the closest tower and most calls appear on towers in the same area where he was last seen.

Also, there's something I forgot to mention that might be important or not. This is the model of phone Steve used.

Yet, another piece of conflicting info...we were told he had a generic phone with no camera or specially amenities......??

I'm not sure, but usually when a moderator deletes a post it has something to do with violating the terms of service.

There maybe something to it dang it. Have Ruby or ask her to forward the PM. I put alot of digging into that post and lost it the first time to a crash...*((*&%%&^ There was alot of info. Not happy. Since SW or Laytonian have access to their map...maybe they could key in the addresses--temporarily into their map. They are right smack dab in the middle of all the pings for late Sunday.

There maybe something to it dang it. Have Ruby or ask her to forward the PM. I put alot of digging into that post and lost it the first time to a crash...*((*&%%&^ There was alot of info. Not happy. Since SW or Laytonian have access to their map...maybe they could key in the addresses--temporarily into their map. They are right smack dab in the middle of all the pings for late Sunday.

I don't know all the rules here. I just know there is always a danger in posting personal information on people here who have not been named in the media in connection with any missing person. This is especially true if someone is accusing or insinuating that the person did something criminal.

I don't know all the rules here. I just know there is always a danger in posting personal information on people here who have not been named in the media in connection with any missing person. This is especially true if someone is accusing or insinuating that the person did something criminal.

I don't believe I did that. Was just wondering about the connection. Basically, TZ could be related to JZ?....and the connection--job, etc to SB or his company.

Yes, that is exactly what I expect. Someone is MISSING. My point is that someones feet should be on the ground in that neighborhood, the PI or the Marshall or his daughter, spreading the word. For all we, or anyone else knows, Steven could have been killed in SCA. Whether you are living, working, or showing houses, it seems pretty relevant that someone fell off the planet on this street. As a renter, that would definitely be something of interest to me.

Yeah it has been 5 months; and if the residents of SCA can just go on with their lives, what does that say about us? Why should you or I care if they don't?

I agree with you here. If I lived in that neighborhood and felt there was any chance a killer was there, I'd be calling LE every day to get answers.

Not sure if you all recall, but after the search, Naegle popped in and, on behalf of the PI, told everyone to stay away from the neighborhood and the search area.

But, no one said anything about the Whitney Ranch area and I just might have some business over that way this weekend ;)

I wonder what would happen if some posters found there way to the Whitney Ranch area???

I appreciate all the work you've put into this, and how much you care, but there must be at least fifty thousand people with home or business addresses in range of Steven's pings, and probably at least a couple thousand who have some kind of tie to somebody Steven knows or something he was interested in.

Not necessarily. I, personally, am not of this opinion, but there are folks who believe that whoever harmed Steven was in possession of his phone after the fact. Theoretically speaking, he could have been killed in SG and the kiiller could have driven to Vegas with his phone just to throw everyone off.

Yes, I guess it's still possible. Just even less likely than before.

I appreciate all the work you've put into this, and how much you care, but there must be at least 1 fifty thousand people with home or business addresses in range of Steven's pings, and probably 2 at least a couple thousand who have some kind of tie to somebody Steven knows or something he was interested in.

1. Very true.

2. I don't think so. He had 3 people that we know of as contacts with the LV area. GW, JZ, and his cousin. Do you know others that we don't know about?

3. I realize not everyone agrees with me. That's OK.

But the fact of Z, music/media, geneaology, plane/Henderson airport, business/house --location of pings....I'll look into it a little further just to satisfy myself. I haven't check the genealogical side of Z yet.

1. Very true.

2. I don't think so. He had 3 people that we know of as contacts with the LV area. GW, JZ, and his cousin. Do you know others that we don't know about?

3. I realize not everyone agrees with me. That's OK.

But the fact of Z, music/media, geneaology, plane/Henderson airport, business/house --location of pings....I'll look into it a little further just to satisfy myself. I haven't check the genealogical side of Z yet.

you did not include Mormons and who can count the number of them in the LV area?

Just so you have some idea, going to an internet white pages, if you use the Z last name for the LV area, I came up with 17 matches. There is no indication any of them are related to the Z of St. George and considering that Steven and Z were just housemates who shared almost nothing in common, I personally don't see any connection there.

Using the last known boss's last name H, there are over 300 in the LV area alone.

Vegas is a major entertainment mecca so there are probably hundreds, if not more, music promoters in the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member