NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What it sounds like to me, and something I've wondered from the beginning, is if he had high functioning autism/aspergers. He sounds a lot like a young man I know. Not very socially adept, but considered sweet and harmless. Obsessions or fixations (searching for perfection) but not good on follow through. A strange dichotomy: trusting and naive about the motives of some, but frustrated by the lack of freedom given by family members (relatives trying to give advice about romance or jobs, and this young man being angry about it, feeling he knew better than all of them).

Now, I am describing my acquaintance, but I see so many similarities with SK. I also know that families are sometimes very reluctant to admit there is something "off" about a loved one. 30 years ago it wasn't common to seek a diagnosis or treatment for a "quirky" personality and now most parents want early intervention in cases where kids aren't meeting developmental milestones.

I know we have discussed this before. I work with autistic/asperger people. I also have a daughter with autism. and did you know Bill Gates has aspergers?
Often people think people with asperger's, are confident, blunt, and have big egos. They seem to be perfectionist. They often have a interest in one thing, and seem to know alot about their interest. They usually do not have many close relationships. But I do know many that are married. And many that do well. I hear people describe these people as : nerds, confident, big egos, into their selves, etc. Before we know their disability,we see them this way.

I do know people that are older, that were not diagnosed for asperger's until they were older. Maybe because they have a child,friend, or have been educated on this disability. Now, that autism is now one in every ninety one births, we are learning and understanding alot more. Anyway, I am not saying SK has asperger's/autism, just trying to give a little info.

By the way I am ADD. I will not go into that(LOL).

I know we have discussed this before. I work with autistic/asperger people. I also have a daughter with autism. and did you know Bill Gates has aspergers?
Often people think people with asperger's, are confident, blunt, and have big egos. They seem to be perfectionist. They often have a interest in one thing, and seem to know alot about their interest. They usually do not have many close relationships. But I do know many that are married. And many that do well. I hear people describe these people as : nerds, confident, big egos, into their selves, etc. Before we know their disability,we see them this way.

I do know people that are older, that were not diagnosed for asperger's until they were older. Maybe because they have a child,friend, or have been educated on this disability. Now, that autism is now one in every ninety one births, we are learning and understanding alot more. Anyway, I am not saying SK has asperger's/autism, just trying to give a little info.

By the way I am ADD. I will not go into that(LOL).

So, considering your understanding of the aspergers/autism/add, and your knowledge of SK, do you think he could have had one of the conditions? If he did, it would explain may of his behaviors and lead me to believe that he was NOT being intentionally secretive and had a double life. And I would find it hard to conclude he'd offed himself or hooked up with a secret lover. JMO.

Oh, another thing my acquaintance (and many on the spectrum) has in common with SK is being musically gifted.

Does anyone know if anyone else in SK's family has Aspberger's?

So who was the call that prompted him to check the voicemail suddenly? If there was no VM from that caller at that time still on the phone...one would wonder where it went. I'm like TOTALLY confused though...I always thought the last call in or out on Sunday where the phone was actually used was from the men at church. If he called VM at 4, then one would assume he was still ok and had not walked into a drug house at that point.

And there is only a 1 o'clock meeting if there three wards in the building...but sometimes if parking is tight they don't star the third ward till three. You'd be best to find out on lds.org if you really thought there was something to it and he went to church.

Nonmembers cannot access information on lds.org. You can only access that site with your temple # (no respect, whatever the formal name is) and a password.

Phone:
The last incoming call that SK answered, was from the men at church (the "missing" call that PD said he had SA make at about 11:10am). That's apparently the last time anyone talked to him.

The last outbound call has *always* been the call to VM on the morning of Dec 14th. It's on the timeline.

Between those two things, there was obvious phone activity (ie, the "pings").
It's on the map that jaxon put together.
But Steven wasn't making calls, except occasionally to VM. Maybe a text or two, per jaxon's map.

The more I think about the phone and church theory, I think I just fell into the "coincidence" trap that's so easy to do, when you're purposely googling something and it comes up.

Nonmembers cannot access information on lds.org. You can only access that site with your temple # (no respect, whatever the formal name is) and a password.

Phone:
The last incoming call that SK answered, was from the men at church (the "missing" call that PD said he had SA make at about 11:10am). That's apparently the last time anyone talked to him.

The last outbound call has *always* been the call to VM on the morning of Dec 14th. It's on the timeline.

Between those two things, there was obvious phone activity (ie, the "pings").
It's on the map that jaxon put together.
But Steven wasn't making calls, except occasionally to VM. Maybe a text or two, per jaxon's map.

The more I think about the phone and church theory, I think I just fell into the "coincidence" trap that's so easy to do, when you're purposely googling something and it comes up.

No problem, Laytonian. It's called a membership number.

I'm pretty sure that only someone in that stake could log on to see what times the wards meet in that building. I know I can only see meeting times of my own stake. You might be able to find something at mormon.org which shows meeting times based on the location you give.

No problem, Laytonian. It's called a membership number.

I'm pretty sure that only someone in that stake could log on to see what times the wards meet in that building. I know I can only see meeting times of my own stake. You might be able to find something at mormon.org which shows meeting times based on the location you give.

Thanks. That worked. But it just confirmed that I fell for "coincidence" because the address of "Bermuda & Cactus" brought up four meetinghouses in proximity -- which makes it unproductive to look at further, five and a half months later.

10230 Bermuda Rd,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Congregation Worship Service
Bermuda Ward 9:00 am
Paradise Ward 11:00 am
Somerset Ward 1:00 pm

10970 Bermuda Rd
HENDERSON, NEVADA
Haven Ward 9:00 am
Serene Ward 11:00 am
Southern Highlands Ward 1:00 pm

9270 S Maryland Pkwy,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Stonegate Ward 9:00 am
Silverado Ward 11:00 am
Desert Bloom Branch (Spanish) 1:00 pm

7670 S Bruce St,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Warm Springs Ward 9:00 am
Las Palmas Ward 11:00 am
Robindale Ward (YSA) 1:00 pm

Another thing that site does (thank you!) is ID the names of the ward bishops -- something we were interested in months ago, but I think the logic behind that idea fell apart, also.

So, considering your understanding of the aspergers/autism/add, and your knowledge of SK, do you think he could have had one of the conditions? If he did, it would explain may of his behaviors and lead me to believe that he was NOT being intentionally secretive and had a double life. And I would find it hard to conclude he'd offed himself or hooked up with a secret lover. JMO.

Oh, another thing my acquaintance (and many on the spectrum) has in common with SK is being musically gifted.

Based on the descriptions AND our continuing detailed look at this case, I'd venture that most of us here, have some form of Asperger's. ;)

LOLLLLLLLLLL laytonian -- hahahahah uh....that was good.

Anywho, I'm kind of thinking that you guys may figure out what happened to Steven before the cops do.......

I think my persona fits with OCD -- and the only reason I chuckled about the Aspergers's is because I recognize myself.........so please don't anyone take offense : )

swjaxon said:
Boy... That story looks familiar...

It sure does. That's your January 24th 8newsnow story.

That was fast; the story has been removed.
The SAD THING here, is that was the St George TV station website that did this.

IMO, the St George media has been negligent in their coverage of this case. One of their residents goes missing in a town two hours away, and they've basically ignored it ... except for stories surrounding the April 10th search (LINK), which they have republished from other sources.

I see KCSG.com uses matchbin software.

It makes me wonder what LE in St George thinks about this case. If they're brushing this off as a walkaway, then they need to pay closer attention.

I think my persona fits with OCD -- and the only reason I chuckled about the Aspergers's is because I recognize myself.........so please don't anyone take offense : )

Really. I see a lot of those things in myself, and I consider them mostly attributes I'm proud of.

We have a label for everything now; I like "quirky".

Laytonian, I'm glad you got another look at that map! Based on a few of the towers I looked at, Steven's phone doesn't appear to hit ANY of the AT&T towers in Henderson. I was hoping we could use that site to determine the location of the unknown towers, but I realize now that the fact a tower is owned by AT&T doesn't mean an AT&T phone will automatically connect with it.

However there are only two AT&T towers in Overton, including one right by the freeway. There remains a possibility that this is the tower Steven's phone hit on the 12th. I wonder if the document swjaxon has includes the "site ID" for each tower, that might make it easier to determine exactly where the towers are located. I realize location may seem arbitrary, or may just lead us to more speculation about Steven's activities in a given area, but if we can really firm down every tower location, we may be closer to determining a path.......imo.

Really. I see a lot of those things in myself, and I consider them mostly attributes I'm proud of.

We have a label for everything now; I like "quirky".

It's true! A friend of mine suggested I have social anxiety. I think I'm just an introvert. <shrug> :)

In any case, I hope I did not offend with my comments about Steven possibly having Aspergers. It just seems to me that many of his actions can be explained by Asp/ADHD or a mental illness (I suggested bipolar possibly, with all the driving) and not because he had a secret life.

Laytonian, I'm glad you got another look at that map! Based on a few of the towers I looked at, Steven's phone doesn't appear to hit ANY of the AT&T towers in Henderson. I was hoping we could use that site to determine the location of the unknown towers, but I realize now that the fact a tower is owned by AT&T doesn't mean an AT&T phone will automatically connect with it.

However there are only two AT&T towers in Overton, including one right by the freeway. There remains a possibility that this is the tower Steven's phone hit on the 12th. I wonder if the document swjaxon has includes the "site ID" for each tower, that might make it easier to determine exactly where the towers are located. I realize location may seem arbitrary, or may just lead us to more speculation about Steven's activities in a given area, but if we can really firm down every tower location, we may be closer to determining a path.......imo.

I really think the Overton "hit" occurred as he was driving on I-15.

From what we see of the Ruby Valley trip (his receipts), he wasn't one to take an alternate route....even if it was hundreds of miles shorter. He was a freeway driver.

jaxon's talked to cell phone experts, and none of them thought that the "hits" led to anything specific, since usage determined a "hit" more than a specific location. Especially in Vegas, on a weekend. There's even a temporary tower involved (which would have been brought in as a supplement.)

If we could see where his few outgoing emails were sent from (IP address) and why/where, we may get better details. Or none.

One of my thoughts from the start, was that he was just "driving around" on the 12th and 13th.

It's true! A friend of mine suggested I have social anxiety. I think I'm just an introvert. <shrug> :D

In any case, I hope I did not offend with my comments about Steven possibly having Aspergers. It just seems to me that many of his actions can be explained by Asp/ADHD or a mental illness (I suggested bipolar possibly, with all the driving) and not because he had a secret life.

His church friend ES described Steven "getting worse" recently, which could be sheer anxiety ... or a symptom. Poor guy. Being dissected like this, when no one apparently saw very much wrong.

Based on the descriptions AND our continuing detailed look at this case, I'd venture that most of us here, have some form of Asperger's. ;)

I don't. I'm ADHD :biggrin:

And as somebody else said, some of my ADHD traits, while they don't fit well with society, are some of my strengths also. I think somehow society as a whole have fallen into the trap of thinking there's only one kind of person to be, and people who are more into ideas or more able to plunge deeply into something are denigrated as nerds at best, or labeled defective (asperger's or autism spectrum).

Which does even more disservice to the people who really do have a disability.

Thanks. That worked. But it just confirmed that I fell for "coincidence" because the address of "Bermuda & Cactus" brought up four meetinghouses in proximity -- which makes it unproductive to look at further, five and a half months later.

10230 Bermuda Rd,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

10970 Bermuda Rd
HENDERSON, NEVADA

9270 S Maryland Pkwy,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

7670 S Bruce St,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

Another thing that site does (thank you!) is ID the names of the ward bishops -- something we were interested in months ago, but I think the logic behind that idea fell apart, also.

For future reference, the ward meeting schedules rotate every year, usually beginning on the first Sunday in January. The ward meeting at 9 goes to 11, 11 goes to 1, and 1 meets at 9. Since Steven disappeared in December the wards would have all been meeting at the starting hour previous to what they are now.

For future reference, the ward meeting schedules rotate every year, usually beginning on the first Sunday in January. The ward meeting at 9 goes to 11, 11 goes to 1, and 1 meets at 9. Since Steven disappeared in December the wards would have all been meeting at the starting hour previous to what they are now.

You just made my hair hurt. :banghead:

10230 Bermuda Rd,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

10970 Bermuda Rd
HENDERSON, NEVADA

9270 S Maryland Pkwy,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

7670 S Bruce St,
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

It might be worth mailing them a poster and asking if anybody remembers seeing him around Christmastime. Depending on where the ward is, it's probably not that common to have strangers drop in for services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee