NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Las Vegas Homeless Shelters
Welcome to our Las Vegas, Nevada Homeless Shelters page.
Below are all of the homeless shelters in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding cities

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/city.cgi?city=Las Vegas&state=NV

Here's a website provided by HUD, with an updated list of Nevada shelters: Homeless and Emergency Shelters (Nevada).

Generally, the police and Salvation Army are the "first stops" to determine which shelters are operational in a town.

I still think working with the Salvation Army, using their "missing for longer than six months" program, would be beneficial for the family.

....and there's still no bus that comes within five miles of where the car was parked, and that closest one, doesn't run on Sundays.

Does anyone see a route that follows the northeasterly direction of the phone pings on Monday?

Bless 'em. They're really trying and I hope the tips are as legitimate as possible.

:banghead:

Good gosh. And another one from KSL adds to the conflicting information:

Specifically went to Henderson
Steven went there for a job
For what purpose remains unknown.
Planned to return home.
GW didn't ask why he was there.
His family says he was looking for work in the Las Vegas area (KSL).

I think the friends should come forward and publicly state exactly what Steven told them.

All these articles have brought out a lot of conflicting info.

Is there anyway you can get clarification on it, Laytonian?

I think it's deliberately obscure and misleading. For example, I think last comment is vague enough to refer to SK telling his mother he would be home for Christmas.

I wish them luck.

rd

Hey, guys! Haven't commented in a long while, but I still read every day. Is it just my wonky computer, or has the SLT story with the employment-seeking bombshell been removed? I couldn't read it, but I agree that it sounds like maybe a reporter turned supposition into fact.

If work load allows, I will try to alter some images of Steven to reflect possible changes in appearance.

All these articles have brought out a lot of conflicting info.

Is there anyway you can get clarification on it, Laytonian?

Not for a few days, because they're all out of town doing the search.

I'll ask KCN for clarification and a search update, afterwards ... and ask if they checked blood plasma centers, too.

Hey, guys! Haven't commented in a long while, but I still read every day. Is it just my wonky computer, or has the SLT story with the employment-seeking bombshell been removed? I couldn't read it, but I agree that it sounds like maybe a reporter turned supposition into fact.
It's still accessible on the SL Tribune website. It's front page on the site..and the quote's still there, too:

"The unemployed man reportedly told friends he was traveling to Henderson in a bid to find a job."

If work load allows, I will try to alter some images of Steven to reflect possible changes in appearance.

YOU are a benevolent genius!

I'm hoping the family reads WS, as I just wanted to note that some homeless folks hang out at the libraries. Especially during our very hot summers, and a library seems as if it would be of interest to SK. Hopefully this most recent search party will be checking the local libraries.

Plus, there are two churches in oldtown Henderson that serve meals to the homeless & needy. One is near the corner of Van Wagnen (sic) & Pacific. It serves a free pancake breakfast on Saturdays. And, the second church is near the corner of Pacific & Atlantic.

If the family really believes that SK may be living the life of a homeless person they may also want to check with the local labs that pay for blood platelets donations. I believe there are two in Las Vegas. I know there are privacy laws, but it wouldn't hurt to drop off a flyer.

That's a brilliant idea, and one that's never been mentioned: selling blood.

Would they fall under HIPPA, because they're not providing medical services?

I did a google search to find them, but I'm just seeing the same pay-per-click ad-laden sites as we see on some of the other stale sites. I imagine the Salvation Army and/or legitimate homeless agencies would know where all the blood plasma centers are in Vegas -- but I think you're right about there only being two.

It's still accessible on the SL Tribune website. It's front page on the site..and the quote's still there, too:

"The unemployed man reportedly told friends he was traveling to Henderson in a bid to find a job."

YOU are a benevolent genius!

Thank you! But having software does not a genius make! ;) There are people who are WAY better at that type of thing than me. That said, here is my quick rendering of a darker-haired Steven, with a little 5 o'clock shadow.

I was able to get to the story from your link, Laytonian. Thank you.

Attachments

• steven brunette.jpg
    steven brunette.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 32
Thank you! But having software does not a genius make! ;) There are people who are WAY better at that type of thing than me. That said, here is my quick rendering of a darker-haired Steven, with a little 5 o'clock shadow.

So great to "see" you ms_writer! And thank you for the pic. Just those little changes make him appear so different to me!

So great to "see" you ms_writer! And thank you for the pic. Just those little changes make him appear so different to me!

Thanks, Fairy! I agree that he looks different! I think the darker hair makes him look older. If I have time, I'll try to do some others.

Thanks, Fairy! I agree that he looks different! I think the darker hair makes him look older. If I have time, I'll try to do some others.

Wow! The picture really makes him look different! I know that mental health facilities are closed on Saturdays, but when my sis was missing, I hung out at them looking for her. Suprisingly, she DID go to one of them. I did not see her there, but I would call, and finally a case worker told me she was okay, but could not tell me where she was at.

You're welcome.

....and it looks genius to me. Take the compliment ;)

Wow! The picture really makes him look different! I know that mental health facilities are closed on Saturdays, but when my sis was missing, I hung out at them looking for her. Suprisingly, she DID go to one of them. I did not see her there, but I would call, and finally a case worker told me she was okay, but could not tell me where she was at.

...and that's just mean, I think. Here you are, a family who wants to take care of her, and the caseworker is protecting her "rights" (that she's not aware of, because she's not in a good mental state).

It reminds me of the caseworker for my daughter/SIL's foster son, who hid things from them -- until the boy tried to stab my SIL with a 10" kitchen knife.

I really think if we are taking care of people, we should let them be taken care of...KWIM?

Yeah, but how do they know that any particular relative is a kind well-meaning person with the other person's welfare at heart, and not a manipulative whiny parent, demanding or abusive relative, etc. etc.?

Yeah, but how do they know that any particular relative is a kind well-meaning person with the other person's welfare at heart, and not a manipulative whiny parent, demanding or abusive relative, etc. etc.?

Certainly a good point.

More concerning to me is the number of mentally ill whose families don't WANT to take care of them. I often wonder when I see these folks roaming the streets of Vegas - where are their families? And it's obvious they also aren't being helped or cared for by any of the facilities that exist for just that purpose. Then again, many of these folks don't want to be helped - go off their meds, run away, self-medicate, etc.

It's a complicated situation and I don't think there are any easy answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123