NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is John Rigg? And in the article when he says he thinks he talked to Steven in the parking lot was that one of the Best Buy or Home Depot sightings?

I swear I read that article closely, and never saw the paragraph about him claiming to have spoken to a man who wanted to get back to Utah. Duh.

I hope the searches are going well. It's killing me to be across the country while everyone is in Vegas looking for him.

Why didn't the person just ask for money, for a pay phone call?
I'm sure the family would have been thrilled to come get him.

If this is Steven, it sounds like he's had some sort of mental/emotional breakdown. Maybe the idea of getting home is all he can hold on to.

What part of town are you in?

We're on the corner of Maryland pkwy and Katie ave along the 109's route. It happens to be next to a Best buy and an Ihop ;)

We jumped off the bus because I saw someone that looked like steve. However, once We got closer it was obvious it wasn't him.

gsmith and wife....thank you so much for extending yourselves to find Steven.
I hope you are successful. If he is out there and confused, he would not
be able to make the normal, useful decisions you would expect of him.

Prayers for all of the searchers....

If SK left on purpose to wander the streets of Vegas, I'm convinced Henderson was just a car dump.

One of the two Jan 8th tips, was at MLK & Craig, and the other in the area of Flamingo and Boulder Highway tips page?

Here's the entire RTC System Map which shows the routes pictorially.

I really really really would like to know the exact location of all of these tips, as well as dates and times ... so we could see if there's a pattern.

Per gsmith, they're on Maryland and Katie. This area is close to UNLV. The 113 route he mentioned earlier is basically North Las Vegas. Personally, I would prefer that Steven not be hanging out around there.

I'm headed out. Will definitely keep my eyes open!

Per gsmith, they're on Maryland and Katie. This area is close to UNLV. The 113 route he mentioned earlier is basically North Las Vegas. Personally, I would prefer that Steven not be hanging out around there.

Darn it, F1. You've got me skeeved about everywhere in Vegas now. ;)
North Las Vegas is the home to Nellis Air Force Base, and is full of military families.

Why didn't the person just ask for money, for a pay phone call?
I'm sure the family would have been thrilled to come get him.

Or go to the Salvation Army, Deseret Industries (show his Temple card), police station, an LDS Church.....

That is the first thing I thought of. Just make a collect call.

If this is Steven, it sounds like he's had some sort of mental/emotional breakdown. Maybe the idea of getting home is all he can hold on to.

I think you are right.

Rigg is certain he saw Koecher months ago in a Henderson business parking lot. "He said, ‘I'm looking for day work.' He says ‘I'm trying to get money to get back to Utah to see family,'" Rigg said.

http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12784164

This is big if it is Steven. What are the odds you would talk to a missing person that would say that and had family in Utah.

Wonder if Steven's appearance has changed? Did they ask this guy?

Rigg is certain he saw Koecher months ago in a Henderson business parking lot. "He said, ‘I'm looking for day work.' He says ‘I'm trying to get money to get back to Utah to see family,'" Rigg said.

This is big if it is Steven. What are the odds you would talk to a missing person that would say that and had family in Utah.

Well....he didn't know he was talking to a missing person, just (apparently) someone who walked up and wanted day work.

I'm sure they've asked all kinds of questions; I'd want to ask the guy to mimic what the person said (to see if there were some odd speech patterns).

I hope Rigg isn't the same person gsmith talked to on the bus, who caimed to have seen Steven but who also seemed "off" mentally. (Not SK, but the person on the bus.)

At this point if he is alive, I won't be picky.

Many searching just for money will say they are trying to get back to somewhere. If you ask them if you can call someone for them....the answer is usually no thank you or I don't have the number any longer.

Mixed reports, for sure:

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the search has ended but one new tip was received.

A bus driver, shown Steven's picture, told the searchers that someone looking much like Steven had asked if the bus company was hiring.
(I'm starting to get the shivers, wondering if SK is wandering around in some OCD state, focused so hard on getting a job that he's lost his inner compass.)

-------------------
OR maybe NOT a new tip, as KSL News is reporting that "nothing new" was found. There's some nice pictures, though. 8newsnow.
-------------------
And now.....The Deseret News reports not only that SK's friends said he went there for a job, but that it was an interview. :waitasec:

I'm now riding the bus. I just talked to GW, he's been out riding for a while. I asked his opinion on Steve's possible where abouts. GW told me he talked to a couple that is %99 to %100 sure they've seen him.

The bus I'm on now has the $10000 reward poster on the wall with Steve's photo.

Don't shoot me for this gsmith... ;-) Did anyone else talk to this "couple"? Too much Nancy Grace maybe, but she always questions this kind of information as a diversion. Or maybe he knows that SK is in the area or was at some point...

And to that...I don't think GW himself purposely hurt SK. Facebook dude is just tormenting people at this point.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the search has ended but one new tip was received.

A bus driver, shown Steven's picture, told the searchers that someone looking much like Steven had asked if the bus company was hiring.

(I'm starting to get the shivers, wondering if SK is wandering around in some OCD state, focused so hard on getting a job that he's lost his inner compass.)

Yeah, it kind of sounds like it, doesn't it? I hope they find him soon.

:praying:

Mixed reports, for sure:

:

sbbm/red

That is hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads