NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't followed Wales' case that closely, so I'm absolutely DUMBSTRUCK right now by the difference in how the two cases were handled.

BBM

Apr 24, 2010: "Police found the black Saturn Ion belonging to Wales, 24, about 9 a.m. at Chicano Park on Logan Avenue near Cesar E. Chavez Parkway in Barrio Logan and towed it away to examine it, Officer Brad Ruff said. He declined to give any details about the condition of the car or whether any of Wales’ belongings were found inside."

VERSUS

SK's case, where the parking authority called his parents but LE never investigated the vehicle forensically. In fact, LE never touched the car and SK's family went through it themselves. I'm not saying they did anything wrong. But they're not investigators. They were left on their own to investigate it themselves. Why wouldn't Henderson PD take as much care with Koecher's vehicle as the San Diego PD did with Wales' vehicle?

Why indeed. Especially since, IIRC, the note Erick left was found IN his car. They still towed and examined the car. Of course, we don't know what the note said. If it just said, "I'm leaving, please don't look for me," maybe LE would have just let it be. But if it was more of a red flag for some type of mental break or something totally bizarre or out of character, I can see where it may have led to more thorough investigating.

With Steven, all we really have is no sign of foul play and family saying he would never just walk away. Somehow, I feel Erick's family would have said exactly the same, yet he did just walk away.

These two cases illustrate why missing persons cases can be so frustrating. Plenty of adults DO just walk away and plenty of teenagers run away, but certainly not all.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There's also the factor that it was several days before anybody reported SK to the police -- SCA tried to locate the owner rather than calling the police or just having the thing towed. If he had gone missing and been reported, and then his car was found abandoned, events might have been interpreted differently.

That's true. It turned out to be a series of unfortunate circumstances that had everyone behind the 8 ball from the get go. And here we are, nearly a year later still :waitasec:.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Steven's family and friends, and to all of us. Hope for the holiday he decides to call home...

It'll be interesting if Henderson puts *that* crime on their website.

Sounds like two guys in a van got in a knife fight, one lost, and one drove to the gas station for help.
Or the two guys were attacked by someone else, and one lost.

It'll be interesting when we find out who they are, and where they're from.
Anything can happen on St Rose Parkway....

It'll be interesting if Henderson puts *that* crime on their website.

Sounds like two guys in a van got in a knife fight, one lost, and one drove to the gas station for help.
Or the two guys were attacked by someone else, and one lost.

It'll be interesting when we find out who they are, and where they're from.
Anything can happen on St Rose Parkway....

We shall see - they're already reporting the attack that led to the wounds happened at another location.

Why would you drive to a convenience store for help? The St. Rose Dominican Hospital is nearby. Hmmmm.

We shall see - they're already reporting the attack that led to the wounds happened at another location.

Why would you drive to a convenience store for help? The St. Rose Dominican Hospital is nearby. Hmmmm.

That's probably where he was headed. With his wounds, he couldn't drive any further.

I wonder if this is the Cedar City unidentified person?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78308

This is one of our sadder cases. I've always believed the answer to Timothy Parry's disappearance lies within his home.

Angelman's Syndrome has a 100% rate of severe mental impairment. Many are unable to walk, dress or feed themselves; others, may be able to do simple tasks.

I'm afraid that taking a sleeping bag and constructing a shelter (that would last 21 years) would be beyond his capability.

The ones who really need protecting.....

This is one of our sadder cases. I've always believed the answer to Timothy Parry's disappearance lies within his home.

Angelman's Syndrome has a 100% rate of severe mental impairment. Many are unable to walk, dress or feed themselves; others, may be able to do simple tasks.

I'm afraid that taking a sleeping bag and constructing a shelter (that would last 21 years) would be beyond his capability.

The ones who really need protecting.....

Oops, I misread the date -- I thought it said 2009. :blushing:

I am thankfull today that no one is missing in my family...they are not all here with me today, but I know where they are and that they are safe. I have a family member who is listed with-in thease pages and am truly thankfull that she is alive, well and snoozing on the couch after a great dinner with family and friends.

Keep the Faith....

I am thankfull today that no one is missing in my family...they are not all here with me today, but I know where they are and that they are safe I have a family member who is listed with-in thease pages and am truly thankfull that she is alive, well and snoozing on the couch after a great dinner with family and friends.

I wanted to come on her to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I wanted to wait to come on here for only if and when I had actually something to really contribute rather then blathering on giving my opinion which is worth about a buck, which won't even buy a cop of coffee nowadays. Anyway I hope everyone had a good turkey day.

Blessings,

Kelly

I am thankfull today that no one is missing in my family...they are not all here with me today, but I know where they are and that they are safe I have a family member who is listed with-in thease pages and am truly thankfull that she is alive, well and snoozing on the couch after a great dinner with family and friends.

Does that mean she was found safe and returned home to her family? I'm glad your loved one is home with you now.

Salem

I am thankfull today that no one is missing in my family...they are not all here with me today, but I know where they are and that they are safe. I have a family member who is listed with-in thease pages and am truly thankfull that she is alive, well and snoozing on the couch after a great dinner with family and friends.

Keep the Faith....

I'm happy your loved one was recovered safely.

Can you show us the websleuths page that discusses your family member's disappearance and recovery?

Any chance at all Steven called to wish his family a Happy Thanksgiving?

Any chance at all Steven called to wish his family a Happy Thanksgiving?

He didn't call his Mom on Mother's Day (obviously)....so probably not.
I think he'd be more likely to just walk in the door.

He didn't call his Mom on Mother's Day (obviously)....so probably not.
I think he'd be more likely to just walk in the door.

Ah well, you never know. Family-oriented holidays can have a huge impact on folks. Some want nothing more than to run away, others may be compelled to come home.

We can hope....

IF, Steven really did walk away, perhaps he's given himself a one-year timeline to do....whatever he's been doing???

It's coming up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members