NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadder and sadder.
I keep thinking of Rolf, having to deal with the issue of Steven being missing while being constantly hounded by the Powells.

Shortly before he died, in a press release necessitated by the latest round of Powell fantasies, Rolf mentioned things that were "confidential" (and used to determine no contact between the cases). Source: Powell Rebuttal.

-- me, wishing some of that "confidential" stuff could dribble out.

I just heard from KC Naegle -- she got an email today, with this schedule for Steven's episode of "Disappeared"

Investigation Discovery channel (expanded basic cable)

We don't know what time zone this refers to:

April 11th at 9pm
April 12th at 12am

You can find which channel it's on HERE <---clickable link

I just heard from KC Naegle -- she got an email today, with this schedule for Steven's episode of "Disappeared"

Investigation Discovery channel (expanded basic cable)

We don't know what time zone this refers to:

April 11th at 9pm
April 12th at 12am

You can find which channel it's on HERE <---clickable link

Very good news! Will be watching.

We were in Vegas for a show and of course I drove the neighborhood. Two more houses in a 1/4 mile radius have cameras now that I didn't notice a few months ago, and another house on EL has their wireless open, my ipad picked up the connection and it wasn't secure. I wish I was more tech savvy...just saying.

Makes me wonder what prompted the cameras. If SK missing was the reason, or if there have been other motivating issues. Anyone heard anything?

I was reminded how "obsessed" I used to be about SK...made me sad that my obsession didn't help.one.bit.

I was reminded how "obsessed" I used to be about SK...made me sad that my obsession didn't help.one.bit.

I'm sorry, but I must object to this last thing you wrote. You have definitely helped this discussion, which may itself help (and may already have helped, who knows?) other conversations and investigations. At least one would hope.

It is discouraging, but at this point we don't know, and might never know, whether any of our efforts will help. Maybe years from now somebody else will see one of the cards and posters you distributed and call his home because of it. Or somebody who you talked to will have a child go missing, and because of what you said, they'll know better how to look for their child. Maybe because you wouldn't let it go, something was taken seriously that would have been overlooked otherwise. Maybe somebody took comfort in knowing that other people cared.

We just don't know, and maybe never will. Life is a big complicated place. But even if it really didn't make a difference, that doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. :hug:

It is discouraging, but at this point we don't know, and might never know, whether any of our efforts will help. Maybe years from now somebody else will see one of the cards and posters you distributed and call his home because of it. Or somebody who you talked to will have a child go missing, and because of what you said, they'll know better how to look for their child. Maybe because you wouldn't let it go, something was taken seriously that would have been overlooked otherwise. Maybe somebody took comfort in knowing that other people cared.

We just don't know, and maybe never will. Life is a big complicated place. But even if it really didn't make a difference, that doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. :hug:

I still check the email mailbox I set up, to collect ANY emails received as a result of the cards that were distributed.

Every time, it's a disappointment.
I've been kinda surprised that we didn't even get "junk mail" (ie, some jokers who saw a card, and responded).

Doesn't mean it wasn't right to do. Just discouraging.

According to the Investigation Discovery website, Steven's case will be featured on April 11th:

CLICK HERE to see the schedule.

9pm ET, Apr 11
12am ET, Apr 12

Check your cable listings OR download from iTunes or Amazon.

Attn MODS: Can we get a site-wide announcement on this?

I don't watch much TV, but I'm planning on watching this. My husband saw the preview on TV last night, so at least the station is giving national attention to the upcoming program.

It will be very exciting, if we learn of any new tips given based on this program. Not sure if we'll ever hear about any tips, but it sure would be nice.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I check for updates daily.

I don't watch much TV, but I'm planning on watching this. My husband saw the preview on TV last night, so at least the station is giving national attention to the upcoming program.

It will be very exciting, if we learn of any new tips given based on this program. Not sure if we'll ever hear about any tips, but it sure would be nice.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I check for updates daily.

Good to see you!

I saw the promo, too.

I'm hoping the show doesn't deify Steven, because he was quite multi-dimensional (as his friends have told us) .... and the key to his disappearance could lie in his travels, basic joblessness, etc.

Hey everyone! I was so excited when I saw the promo on Stevens case today on the ID Channel. Thrilled that his family made the decision to have the case aired and pray for them, Steven and that there may be a break in this case. As you all know I do not post often either, more of a fence sitter but I'm grateful for all of you who keep this post going. May hope never be given up till Steven is brought home.

....on this report from 8 News Now.

The man's body was found in Amarillo (where Steven had lived), was conected to Las Vegas and he was last seen in Nevada "last December".

Can't be, though. Steven didn't go missing just "last December".

ANYWAY, it may be something for you Nevada sleuths to work on.
I can't see anyone on NAMUS or Websleuths about a man missing from Vegas last December.

....on this report from 8 News Now.

The man's body was found in Amarillo (where Steven had lived), was conected to Las Vegas and he was last seen in Nevada "last December".

Can't be, though. Steven didn't go missing just "last December".

ANYWAY, it may be something for you Nevada sleuths to work on.
I can't see anyone on NAMUS or Websleuths about a man missing from Vegas last December.

If they are not referring to Steven, I can't image who else they are referring to. why would they even assume a man found dead in Amarillo had any connection to LV, no less one who was last seen in Dec.

the only thing is that one of the articles said they thought the body had been in the ditch since December so it is possible we are talking about 2 different people. even if this body was there since Dec, it is odd they would focus on Vegas of all places.

If they are not referring to Steven, I can't image who else they are referring to. why would they even assume a man found dead in Amarillo had any connection to LV, no less one who was last seen in Dec.

the only thing is that one of the articles said they thought the body had been in the ditch since December so it is possible we are talking about 2 different people. even if this body was there since Dec, it is odd they would focus on Vegas of all places.

Time has passed quickly for both of us. This body's (apparently) been there since December 2010, and Steven went missing in December 2009. Plus, I don't think they'd describe Steven as "from Vegas".

I found an update, posted just a bit ago: KFDA-TV which says (in part):
Police believe the man was in his early 60s and was reported missing from the Astro Motel back in December.
(snip)
"We have found identification in the water underneath him, that identifies probably who he is. We believe he may be a white male about 64 who was reported missing in December.​

But this does suggest that there's a crime link between Las Vegas and Amarillo.

I was so happy to see Steven featured on the homepage. Steven brought me to web sleuths. I read his case on the Charlie project and became intrigued. Reading this blog has made my heart ache for his family and loved ones. Laytonian, you are amazing!

Excited to watch Steven's show tonight. Wondering if we will learn anything new. Bumping for Steven!!!!

Excited to watch Steven's show tonight. Wondering if we will learn anything new. Bumping for Steven!!!!

You're as excited as the rest of us -- but it's not until tomorrow (Monday, Apr 11th)!

I just checked, and Steven's episode of "Disappeared" starts at 7pm MST -- Comcast 271 in Davis County, Utah.

Find YOUR cable channel HERE or download from amazon.com or iTunes.

Anyone watch? Any thoughts?

I didn't hear anything we didn't already know. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members