NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After studying Steven’s cell ping map, I’m starting to think that he had already gotten some kind of sales/door-to-door/courier job and was already in the process of working. This would explain why he started driving all over the place. I think he was in the Las Vegas area working door-to-door in several neighborhoods, including Sun City Anthem. Most of his cell pings are close to large housing communities with the exception of one out by Nellis AFB. Perhaps Sun City was just one of stops and something occurred when he was in that neighborhood.

If he took one of these fishy jobs from Craigslist as I’ve previously suggested, he could choose his own hours and job location. This would be why he told GW that he could make it back to St. George if needed, he was making his own schedule.

Wouldn't it be against his religious belief to work on Sunday?
Would it also be to go for a job interview?

Wouldn't it be against his religious belief to work on Sunday?
Would it also be to go for a job interview?

Yes, it would be against his religious belief to work and interview on Sunday. That's what's always surprised me about him going missing on a Sunday. He had church responsibilities which he appeared to take seriously, yet here he was in Nevada on a Sunday. It's just doesn't make sense to me. Whatever brought him to Nevada must have been something very important, so that he could justify in his mind missing church. KWIM?

The *advertiser censored* industry loves to recruit young LDS men. There is a premium for their appearances in movies and still photos, and what the *advertiser censored* directors love is that they are easy to blackmail. I don't think there's anything in Steven's background that would suggest he would willing participate - but I think he could have been lured into a job ad like these, or someone claiming to be interested in his music, and then killed if he got righteously angry and tried to storm out or threatened to expose them. In California, the *advertiser censored* industry operates out of ordinary suburbs.

Since this thread is so quiet, though, I actually came to post another possibility. One thinking exercise to generate new ideas is to say, what would it obviously NOT have been? In other words, what are the most outlandish things we can think of that he would NOT have been doing in that neighborhood? This can shake free, by process of elimination, new ideas.

So my ideas are: he was not there to perform as a clown at a birthday party. Was he there to perform his music? Is that what he has under his arm? He was not there to clean someone's house. However, people did have a moving sale and move out shortly after. Were they talked to? Are there any cleaning companies that were contracted to clean out a house? He was not there to buy a puppy. He was not there to sell Avon. He was not there to read a meter.

BBM

Do you have any links or statistical information to support this claim? I've never heard this before and would be very interested in knowing how prevalent it is. Are there any documented murders linked specifically to this practice? That would be very important to know. IMO.

BBM

Do you have any links or statistical information to support this claim? I've never heard this before and would be very interested in knowing how prevalent it is. Are there any documented murders linked specifically to this practice? That would be very important to know. IMO.

I haven't researched this, but I know young men who have been approached and told it would be kept on the down low. I also know it firsthand from a *advertiser censored* director who also works in Vegas. Not that they admitted to any disappearances, just the strong-arming techniques once someone poses for, say, some risque or even harmless chest shots. But the industry is pretty seedy and mob-connected, and worldwide. It would have been easy for Steven to go to some kind of meeting off Craigslist that he thought was a sales job, find out it was seedier, protest, and then someone worry that he was going to rat them out and decide to knock him out instead. If you've seen documentaries about girls being recruited into *advertiser censored*, this is a standard MO - the girl goes to what is described as a modeling job, and once there, she is gradually enticed into removing more and more clothing, and then asked to do more and more things.

I know we've noted it before, but since someone just posted, it's haunting that whatever it was, had to be enticing enough, promising enough for Steven to miss church for it - yet not so important that he wouldn't turn back if he was needed at church. I think I posted upthread that perhaps it was connected with a promise of help with his music, which would have made him money but also would have been an appointment for a "go-see," as models call it, which he could have rescheduled if needed.

The murders that spring to mind first are of women - all those women who disappeared in the CA desert when a photographer took them out for "test shots."

I haven't researched this, but I know young men who have been approached and told it would be kept on the down low. I also know it firsthand from a *advertiser censored* director who also works in Vegas. Not that they admitted to any disappearances, just the strong-arming techniques once someone poses for, say, some risque or even harmless chest shots. But the industry is pretty seedy and mob-connected, and worldwide. It would have been easy for Steven to go to some kind of meeting off Craigslist that he thought was a sales job, find out it was seedier, protest, and then someone worry that he was going to rat them out and decide to knock him out instead. If you've seen documentaries about girls being recruited into *advertiser censored*, this is a standard MO - the girl goes to what is described as a modeling job, and once there, she is gradually enticed into removing more and more clothing, and then asked to do more and more things.

I know we've noted it before, but since someone just posted, it's haunting that whatever it was, had to be enticing enough, promising enough for Steven to miss church for it - yet not so important that he wouldn't turn back if he was needed at church. I think I posted upthread that perhaps it was connected with a promise of help with his music, which would have made him money but also would have been an appointment for a "go-see," as models call it, which he could have rescheduled if needed.

If you're going to claim that LDS males are major targets in the *advertiser censored* industry, you should be able to back it up. I cannot find any stats that support it.

We have a huge LDS population right here in Vegas. And, sadly, we have a large percentage of runaways - boys and girls - who would be tragically easy targets. I just find it difficult to believe there would be any need to "recruit" 30-year-old men from St. George for *advertiser censored*, who would then be murdered when they find they were duped in some way.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that it doesn't make sense to me, personally.

The murders that spring to mind first are of women - all those women who disappeared in the CA desert when a photographer took them out for "test shots."

Those were women, it was about modeling, not *advertiser censored*, it was California, not a retirement community in Henderson, Nevada and that dude was a serial killer.

Please forgive me but I don't see the connection.

If you're going to claim that LDS males are major targets in the *advertiser censored* industry, you should be able to back it up. I cannot find any stats that support it.

We have a huge LDS population right here in Vegas. And, sadly, we have a large percentage of runaways - boys and girls - who would be tragically easy targets. I just find it difficult to believe there would be any need to "recruit" 30-year-old men from St. George for *advertiser censored*, who would then be murdered when they find they were duped in some way.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that it doesn't make sense to me, personally.

I did back it up, just not in the way you seem to be demanding. No one said there isn't a huge LDS population there. If it troubles you that some of the young men might be targets, no one can help you from being troubled - that's your choice. People can make observations from their personal experience. That *is* evidence.

Frankly, if you don't see the difference in desirability between street kids and a fresh-faced young man, you don't know very much about prostitution and *advertiser censored*, which are ALWAYS on the hunt for fresh young men and women who could be lured under false pretenses.

I did back it up, just not in the way you seem to be demanding. No one said there isn't a huge LDS population there. If it troubles you that some of the young men might be targets, no one can help you from being troubled - that's your choice. People can make observations from their personal experience. That *is* evidence.

Frankly, if you don't see the difference in desirability between street kids and a fresh-faced young man, you don't know very much about prostitution and *advertiser censored*, which are ALWAYS on the hunt for fresh young men and women who could be lured under false pretenses.

I'm not "demanding." Your post stated it as fact and I don't see anything to support that. There is no evidence, whatsoever.

I'm troubled that Steven Koecher is still missing, nearly two years later. Of course I don't know much about prostitution and *advertiser censored*. Never said I did. My point was that, here in SIN CITY, I believe there is little need to go to Utah to find willing participants for either. And I can find plenty of documentation to back that up.

Point being, there is NO NEED to lure people under false pretenses.

Here is a case I have been following. Adult men lured under false pretenses. The first one that managed to get away was to embarrassed to report it. The second man wasn't so lucky. The killer, a seemingly everyday family man who picked up baby formula after the murder, which occurred in a residential neighborhood.

Until we get more info anything is possible.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/04/06/edmonton-twitchell-testifies.html

Here is a case I have been following. Adult men lured under false pretenses. The first one that managed to get away was to embarrassed to report it. The second man wasn't so lucky. The killer, a seemingly everyday family man who picked up baby formula after the murder, which occurred in a residential neighborhood.

Until we get more info anything is possible.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/04/06/edmonton-twitchell-testifies.html

I agree, I don’t think we should exclude any possibility. Nothing good ever comes from a closed mind. None of us are experts here, if we were, this case would probably be solved. Personally, I come here to read other’s views and exchange ideas, I don’t come here to bicker or prove I’m “right.” Just sayin…:crazy:

to those who think, believe or suspect Steven is gay and was conflicted about it, here is a tragic tale of what happened to a Mormon man who came out.

here is one tidbit:

his life, family and religion were stripped away from him, and he committed suicide within a matter of weeks.

http://prideinutah.com/?p=11093

so it is possible Steven wanted to avoid coming out to his famiy and opted to leave them altogether.

webrocket.....this is an incredibly sad story of how this man was rejected
by everyone he knew and loved.

I don't know if Steven is/was gay, but I would surely never reject him.
We all have one life and we choose to make it what we want.
Someone else should not choose for us.

Thank you.

there was something else too in that article. the family purged the truth from the deceased's facebook page"

His Facebook page was scrubbed of any mention of the truth and family members blocked anyone who might tell Bryan’s story.

I forget how many people associated with Steven's family looked over his hard drive before LE ever got to examine it.

Yes, it would be against his religious belief to work and interview on Sunday. That's what's always surprised me about him going missing on a Sunday. He had church responsibilities which he appeared to take seriously, yet here he was in Nevada on a Sunday. It's just doesn't make sense to me. Whatever brought him to Nevada must have been something very important, so that he could justify in his mind missing church. KWIM?

Thanks for answering the questions I had about work or going for a job interview.
What about doing things for recreation or pleasure on Sunday - would it have been okay for him do that? Or is Sunday strictly for prayer and religion?
If it is then whatever was doing that Sunday would be something he believed was related to his faith..

Let's get back to that neighborhood, as the P.I stated Steven Koecher walked into a big mess. I don't think that Steven Koecher left that neighborhood and someone in that neighborhood knows what happened.

Kelly

Provided he is going by that name now.

Doesn't matter, the bureaus would pick that up. This man didn't walk away, and people don't understand how incredibly hard it is to disappear. Not to mention Experian, Transunion, and Equifax will pick it up if someone uses a different name. Very hard to fool them even if you are a professional. I am convinced that he didn't change his name and never left that neighborhood, at least not voluntarily. Steven Koecher is no longer with us.

Kelly

For someone who is familiar with this case I have a question. Is everyone in that neighborhood aware of this case? If someone in that neighborhood said they didn't know who Steven Koecher is, would they be lying?

Kelly

REMINDER: WS does not allow psychics. Please do not link or bring psychic discussion here.

Thanks!

Salem

For someone who is familiar with this case I have a question. Is everyone in that neighborhood aware of this case? If someone in that neighborhood said they didn't know who Steven Koecher is, would they be lying?

Kelly

I don"t know about that neighborhood, but SK's neighbors did not know he was missing. None of them were questioned. My daughter (who lives a few blks from rental) said none of her friends new about the situation.

My daughter is not in a college ward, but they shared the same building sk was in. My daughter's husband came home from church and told her about it, and never was mentioned at church.....strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme