NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was any connection directly with Susan Powell, but it would not surprise me if SP is behind Steven's disappearance, to take the focus off his family and himself. He seemed determined to have LE follow the SK lead in susan's case. Why? Could he have killed SK and left evidence that he was with Susan? Does he need SK found asap to make sure the evidence is found to clear his son? SP has offered basically no other information that didn't tie in his SK theory. Just saying ...

My apologies if this has been brought up before.

I have noticed a new "Barney" character on the Las Vegas Strip recently, posing for pics with the tourists. Can't see his face, but I suppose it could be Steven. There are many such costumed characters on the Strip these days. I doubt any of them are claiming their "earnings" to the IRS.

Good thought Fairy1, I noticed many of them when I was there as well, A few now and again took part of the costume off for a break it was well over 100f.

To disappear is not illegal - unless you are a fugitive. Steven wasn't a fugitive.

I agree this is a murder case.

Time to connect the dots!

I just wish we could discover that one dot that is missing. Why was he in Vegas?

This is my first post here on WS... It's this case that pushed me to join - it haunts me! SK reminds me so much of my own DBF - not physically, but DBF was in a bad way emotionally/financially when we first met. In fact, it was the naivete and vulnerability and overall sense of innocence that convinced me to give DBF a chance!

I guess that's why SK's episode of Disappeared reached out and grabbed me, because yes he was in a bad way financially, but it seems to me he was emotionally as well. It's very taxing and worrisome to see everyone else's lives coming together and you feel like yours is waiting to start. From what I've read, his siblings were settling down and getting things together, and he wasn't having any luck with his career or finding a mate.

Everything seems to hinge on the surveillance tape, and yet despite the family feeling that it was indeed SK walking on the tape, there isn't any certainty it was, which is absolutely maddening. My read on it is that whoever it was walked away from the car with another goal/target in mind. I feel like he walked with purpose.

I don't really have anything else to add... I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks and all of these cases are heartwrenching, but this one in particular bothers me, especially with there being limited activity and no signs of a resolution.

Dear Steven, if you're out there, I don't know you, but I do care. And a lot of other people do too. I wish you'd come home - one way or another.

This is my first post here on WS... It's this case that pushed me to join - it haunts me! SK reminds me so much of my own DBF - not physically, but DBF was in a bad way emotionally/financially when we first met. In fact, it was the naivete and vulnerability and overall sense of innocence that convinced me to give DBF a chance!

I guess that's why SK's episode of Disappeared reached out and grabbed me, because yes he was in a bad way financially, but it seems to me he was emotionally as well. It's very taxing and worrisome to see everyone else's lives coming together and you feel like yours is waiting to start. From what I've read, his siblings were settling down and getting things together, and he wasn't having any luck with his career or finding a mate.

Everything seems to hinge on the surveillance tape, and yet despite the family feeling that it was indeed SK walking on the tape, there isn't any certainty it was, which is absolutely maddening. My read on it is that whoever it was walked away from the car with another goal/target in mind. I feel like he walked with purpose.

I don't really have anything else to add... I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks and all of these cases are heartwrenching, but this one in particular bothers me, especially with there being limited activity and no signs of a resolution.

Dear Steven, if you're out there, I don't know you, but I do care. And a lot of other people do too. I wish you'd come home - one way or another.

:Welcome1: sugarplumfairy! This is a sad case! I agree with you that he look like he walked away with a purpose! Notice the way he is carrying those papers - up close to his heart.... Seems they are important to him IMO.

I saw a very disturbing story on I.D. and it involved the murder of a man who was bipolar who had no money, no enemies and the police were baffled. The following is the only link that I could find about it. http://www.wisn.com/r/4146869/detail.html

The murder was finally solved and it was found that the murder was committed by an honor student who had no relationship at all with the victim. The murder was committed by Gary Hirte, who had absolutely no record at all, who had a scholarship to a big 10 school, was an eagle scout at one time and the only reason that he committed the crime is to prove to himself that he could commit the perfect murder. The only reason that he was caught is because he told some friends about the murder who initially didn't believe him. The police didn't believe it at first when the tip was phoned in by a friend. The police finally questioned him when they found out that he knew things about the crime that only the killer and the police knew. Also the killer tood a souvenir.

My point is that anything could have happened to Steven Koecher. I personally believe that this is not a missing person's case as I think it is a homicide. Either Steven Koecher came upon something that he was not suppose to see or I believe this is a thrill kill. Obviously not a robbery.

Kelly

No worries. I come here for the discussions too :toastred:

Honestly I have a real hard time with any scenario, save voluntary disappearance. A murder would be either random or planned.

Random Murder - I have a real hard time putting together the circumstances and bad luck that would lead to this. It's not like SK was hitchhiking. Very difficult for me to believe.

Lured by Psycho Killer - Yeah...if you're going to lure people there to kill them, don't pick a guy who might be able to defend himself. And for all you know SK is a Craigslist murderer who answers odd job ads and is coming to kill you. And for the love of Christ, don't have him park where his car will be found.....if they didn't drive off somewhere. This outcome is for me is only marginally more likely, which is to say, IMO, very unlikely too.

Lured by someone he knows - It seems like everyone he knows is at church or in downtown LV and frankly who does he know there in SCA?

I think that's why I still feel his a voluntary disappear....it's the least bizarre of all the possible outcomes. But then again, I am not LE.

Thanks for the reply as it forces me to re-visit what I think has happened and measure against info leading to foul play (which there is certainly some of).

Being lured by a "pscyho-killer" does happen. Read the following story. I saw this on I.D. this morning. http://www.wisn.com/r/4146869/detail.html

The killer was an honor student, had no relationship at all with the victim, and picked him randomly. The killer had absolutely no criminal record, had been an eagle scout and when he told his friends at school about the murder his friends didn't believe him. Only one girl called the police. The police at first didn't believe that Gary Hirte was capable of committing such a horrible crime. But he did and had never killed prior.

So it happens, and it happens more often than people would like to think. One thing I am pretty sure about is that this is not a voluntary missing person's case. No way.

Kelly

Welcome to our new posters!!!!

There is no relationship between the Powell case and the Koecher case. Both families have expressed hurt at the continued speculation regarding the cases being tied to one another, so we are going to honor their requests to discontinue the speculation.

Thank you for your help with this. :)

<modsnip>
Steven missed church that Sunday. IIRC, he had a specific role in church which he had to forgo & another parishoner took over that role.
<modsnip>

Since there's never any news on Steven's whereabouts, we just wait in the wings.

I also want to say that when his father died and Steven didn't show up, I assumed he was dead.

I know this is late in the search, but I don't recall if anyone checked the Galleria mall? Maybe food court area for video at that time. Seemed plausible that someone coming to for an interview or business appointment at a residential area may have been met in front of a home and asked to have lunch or a drink to discuss it? Person may have never been in the home.

Was the areas of the last cel phone pings and subsequent loss of power to the phone ever searched? I know that's a large area but if the phone was static it may have narrowed it down to a bit smaller area.

I know there is nothing new but wanted to keep some discussion alive.

I know this is late in the search, but I don't recall if anyone checked the Galleria mall? Maybe food court area for video at that time. Seemed plausible that someone coming to for an interview or business appointment at a residential area may have been met in front of a home and asked to have lunch or a drink to discuss it? Person may have never been in the home.

Was the areas of the last cel phone pings and subsequent loss of power to the phone ever searched? I know that's a large area but if the phone was static it may have narrowed it down to a bit smaller area.

I know there is nothing new but wanted to keep some discussion alive.

The Galleria Mall is quite a distance from where Steven's car was found and there are dozens and dozens of places in between where folks could go for food or drinks.

BTW, welcome.

I was more pointing towards after he left that area and his phone pinged in that vicinity.

Thanks for the reply

Not sure of any new ideas. Just trying to add something. I know I have had meetings or interviews in the past at coffee shops or areas like that. Seemed like a theory as to why to leave the car in that neighborhood. If there was some ill intention planned, you would feel safe going to a neighborhood like that. If he walked away, why there? I know that has been stated a million times, but it just seems odd. As does the whole thing.

Steven missed church that Sunday. IIRC, he had a specific role in church which he had to forgo & another parishoner took over that role.

Why would he drive all over Utah and end up in Las Vegas for auto insurance on a Sunday? That seems very odd.

If you know something about an agent in that neighborhood tell us.

Since there's never any news on Steven's whereabouts, we just wait in the wings.

I also want to say that when his father died and Steven didn't show up, I assumed he was dead.

I know what you mean, however there is also the possibility that he felt he couldn't return, if he did in fact walk away.

If he walked away he put great stress on his family. To find out your father has passed away after you caused him such extreme pain and stress, could give you second thoughts about appearing for the funeral.

He may not have been met with open arms had he returned. I know I would not be so forgiving if one of my siblings waltzed into my father's funeral after deliberately putting us through so much pain.

In my opinion a funeral isn't the best time or place to reappear. As always just my opinion.

The tone of this thread is unacceptable and not what we are about. No baiting, no sarcastic remarks. Period.

These threads have popped up time and time again with newer members complaining that they are shredded when they try and join the conversation.

Note the ghost town it has become. Enough. :banghead:

Where is SK???

The tone of this thread is unacceptable and not what we are about. No baiting, no sarcastic remarks. Period.

These threads have popped up time and time again with newer members complaining that they are shredded when they try and join the conversation.

Where is SK???

As someone that came into this thread later in the game and works for LE, my opinion is we need to start over. What do we really know and what has been stated on several threads, thousand of time, that is not fact. The reason I state this is because what I assumed was fact from reading thread from start to finish (at the time this was featured case) made assumptions that was pointed out to me not to be factual. Would like to focus on his movements before his disappearnce as they don't make sense. Gas cost money, he was unemployed and traveling several miles. Also he missed church, and although as a christian I have been known to miss church not when something was expected of me. His movements and behavoir before his disappearnce to me as someone that works in LE is very important. I think we need to focus on this and not make character judgements or bash new opinions/theories that maybe don't line up with whats been stated before. His family misses him and deserves closure (on that note his cousin has a great website devoted to him worth checking out and the link is within the threads somewhere).

Where is SK???

As someone that came into this thread later in the game and works for LE, my opinion is we need to start over. What do we really know and what has been stated on several threads, thousand of time, that is not fact. The reason I state this is because what I assumed was fact from reading thread from start to finish (at the time this was featured case) made assumptions that was pointed out to me not to be factual. Would like to focus on his movements before his disappearnce as they don't make sense. Gas cost money, he was unemployed and traveling several miles. Also he missed church, and although as a christian I have been known to miss church not when something was expected of me. His movements and behavoir before his disappearnce to me as someone that works in LE is very important. I think we need to focus on this and not make character judgements or bash new opinions/theories that maybe don't line up with whats been stated before. His family misses him and deserves closure (on that note his cousin has a great website devoted to him worth checking out and the link is within the threads somewhere).

Agreed. I have been going back through the info we have and regardless as to whether this was a voluntary missing person or foul play the driving done in the lasts days leading up to the disappearance very well could hold the key. Where did he go in Sacramento? Did they get his cell ping records for the other areas? Since there appears to be no evidence of SK contacting someone unknown by phone or computer etc... He may have arranged an appointment during this trip.

bbm

Could you enlighten me on what is not factual in this case? It appears that you possibly have insider information. If there is something that I am assuming is fact, when it isn't I would like to know. Many of us have put a lot of time and effort into Steven's case, and I for one would like to know what I am taking as fact that isn't. jmo

My prayers go out to Steven&#8217;s family and friends, it must be a difficult day for them. I hope one day soon an answer will come as to what happened to Steven so they may have some closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme