NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Steven be hiding in plain sight? Would it be possible he is living with a person at Sun City Anthem? I can't imagine LE continually asking to see the home surveillance records of the person who provided the initial footage that showed Steven (?) walking down the road away from his car. He could be coming and going from Anthem and who would notice?

Does anyone know if LE monitors Social Security activity for a missing person? Could Steven be working now?

My MIL and my late Grandfather in law and my grandmother all live/lived in a Sun City community or a similar community and believe me...he would have been noticed. Anyone under 45 is scrutinized. I was outside for 15 min trimming a rose bush and an hour later two different neighbors stopped by to see if the resident was okay because they saw a young person. Another time, my husband ( a normal looking person) was taking a walk around the block and some people stopped him and questioned him about what he was doing in the neighborhood.

Maybe Sun City Anthem residents aren't quite as vigilant, but if SK was coming and going for a couple years, I think they would notice esp. since he disappeared from there.

Also, the Disappeared episode. It's funny how everyone view things differently. I remember his sister saying that he wanted to be married, but they (the family) didn't think less of him (paraphrasing) and wanted him to be happy.

I just assumed that access to bank account was because they put money in for him?? At different points in my adult life- family members have had access or I had access to their accounts for various reasons. A little weird but not that weird. JMO

My MIL and my late Grandfather in law and my grandmother all live/lived in a Sun City community or a similar community and believe me...he would have been noticed. Anyone under 45 is scrutinized. I was outside for 15 min trimming a rose bush and an hour later two different neighbors stopped by to see if the resident was okay because they saw a young person. Another time, my husband ( a normal looking person) was taking a walk around the block and some people stopped him and questioned him about what he was doing in the neighborhood.

Maybe Sun City Anthem residents aren't quite as vigilant, but if SK was coming and going for a couple years, I think they would notice esp. since he disappeared from there.

Also, the Disappeared episode. It's funny how everyone view things differently. I remember his sister saying that he wanted to be married, but they (the family) didn't think less of him (paraphrasing) and wanted him to be happy.

I just assumed that access to bank account was because they put money in for him?? At different points in my adult life- family members have had access or I had access to their accounts for various reasons. A little weird but not that weird. JMO

I have been to the SCA neighborhood where Steven's car was found several times and have seen only one person on the street all those times. Yet, I believe the folks in the neighborhood are aware of what goes on there. That's one of the reasons I find it difficult to understand how his car was parked where it was for several days without anyone calling attention to it.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why the financial situation of a 30-year-old man would have been any business of his parents - or anyone else, for that matter. It's not normal and it's not common. And if they had been that involved, he likely wouldn't have been three months behind on his rent when he went missing.

Steven wasn't in that neighborhood to trim bushes for anyone. He had no known ties to the area. He was either picked up shortly after arriving there or went into a home from which he never emerged alive.

The person on the "Disappeared" episode is Steven's cousin. And we really don't know how his family felt about his circumstances. And we never will.

IMO.

There are still sightings of Steven being reported to this day, to LE, to the FB discussion and family FB page.

Just a couple weeks ago someone reported to LE and the family's fb page that she believes she saw him at an OB office in Ft Myers,FL (with a pregnant woman). The person that reported this was somewhat frustrated because she didnt feel that LE was taking it seriously.

Also, just today a guy (that lives in LV) advised me that he reported awhile ago that he is "100% sure" that he talked to Steven in the parking lot of Best Buy in NW Las Vegas. Said that he reported this to LE and the family. He said it was the Superbowl weekend after Steven disappeared.Someone responded on the thread asking what the conversation was between the two of them but he has not responded.I would be interested to know. This one seems plausable to me more then the other sighting but anything is possible.

There are still sightings of Steven being reported to this day, to LE, to the FB discussion and family FB page.

Just a couple weeks ago someone reported to LE and the family's fb page that she believes she saw him at an OB office in Ft Myers,FL (with a pregnant woman). The person that reported this was somewhat frustrated because she didnt feel that LE was taking it seriously.

Also, just today a guy (that lives in LV) advised me that he reported awhile ago that he is "100% sure" that he talked to Steven in the parking lot of Best Buy in NW Las Vegas. Said that he reported this to LE and the family. He said it was the Superbowl weekend after Steven disappeared.Someone responded on the thread asking what the conversation was between the two of them but he has not responded.I would be interested to know. This one seems plausable to me more then the other sighting but anything is possible.

John Riggs?

As far as bank accounts for adult children: I have a link to directly transfer cash from my account to 3 of my 4 children's accounts. They are 20-23 years old and 2 of them still live at home. If I am away...or they are away...and they have an emergency (such as a sickness, etc), they can call me and I can transfer some cash to their checking accounts.
HOWEVER, this does NOT allow me to view their bank account information or their balances. It is a transfer only procedure.

I am trying to understand why a 30-year-old man would give his bank account information to his parents (except in the event of some type of emergency).....or why they would access his accounts without his express direction. I would consider this a violation of privacy.

I C that this lead was already discussed back many threads ago.:banghead:

What's strange is that he was sayinga Henderson Best Buy but he wrote "NW Las Vegas" Best Buy on a thread on the discussion fb. That would make me think the Centenial or Summerlin Best Buy. Not the Henderson one.

Was the car owned outright and in his name? If he decided to walk why not sell the car and get the cash? Also, why leave the car there instead of a Wal Mart parking lot somewhere? (Looking for some opinions about the runaway situation since I have a different theory) TIA

That is weird that mom could look at his balance---but every family is different. Some of my old friends have arranged marriages and they are in their thirties and born here. I think that is bizarre. Anyway, maybe that is just how it was in his family and he didn't think anything of it.

Was the car owned outright and in his name? If he decided to walk why not sell the car and get the cash? Also, why leave the car there instead of a Wal Mart parking lot somewhere? (Looking for some opinions about the runaway situation since I have a different theory) TIA

That is weird that mom could look at his balance---but every family is different. Some of my old friends have arranged marriages and they are in their thirties and born here. I think that is bizarre. Anyway, maybe that is just how it was in his family and he didn't think anything of it.

The car wasn't paid off and there was a lot of speculation early on that Steven purposely chose a "safe" neighborhood to leave it so that it could be recovered in good condition. The question remains, why a senior residential neighborhood in Henderson? There are plenty of areas in St. George where it wouldn't have been harmed.

To be fair, Steven's Mom works (or did then work) at a bank. Still, where I can understand him having his accounts at that bank I, personally, find it odd that she had access to his accounts. Maybe it's not odd for the Koecher family, but it would be in my family!

Do you want to share your theory?

As far as bank accounts for adult children: I have a link to directly transfer cash from my account to 3 of my 4 children's accounts. They are 20-23 years old and 2 of them still live at home. If I am away...or they are away...and they have an emergency (such as a sickness, etc), they can call me and I can transfer some cash to their checking accounts.
HOWEVER, this does NOT allow me to view their bank account information or their balances. It is a transfer only procedure.

I am trying to understand why a 30-year-old man would give his bank account information to his parents (except in the event of some type of emergency).....or why they would access his accounts without his express direction. I would consider this a violation of privacy.

His mother worked/works at the bank where they had the accounts. She would have access to his online info.

His mother worked/works at the bank where they had the accounts. She would have access to his online info.

I wonder about the legality of it. I mean, for no banking type reason to just look up account info? That doesn't seem right.

The car wasn't paid off and there was a lot of speculation early on that Steven purposely chose a "safe" neighborhood to leave it so that it could be recovered in good condition. The question remains, why a senior residential neighborhood in Henderson? There are plenty of areas in St. George where it wouldn't have been harmed.

To be fair, Steven's Mom works (or did then work) at a bank. Still, where I can understand him having his accounts at that bank I, personally, find it odd that she had access to his accounts. Maybe it's not odd for the Koecher family, but it would be in my family!

Do you want to share your theory?

It is odd- but I have known some odd people :).
My theory is nothing special and and nothing that hasn't been spoken about here. I just think he met someone while he was "hitting the pavement" and that person was going to be in that area and told Steven to come by for a day of work/informal interview, whatever. I think Steven was waiting in his car (parked at the deserted curb as to not annoy the neighbors) until this person drove down the street and parked. Steven gets out- person tells Steven he will drive him to job location....that's that.
I could be totally wrong. I hope I am and Steven is just enjoying life somewhere. This case goes with the many others that I hope I see a resolution to before I die.

<modsnip>.

In answer to several of the questions on here is that Steven was a deeply religious L.D.S. and so are his family. That means that whatever he was going through whether it was financial or otherwise his family and friends were involved in supporting him. The family never looked down on him for not being married. Steven Koecher put that type of pressure on himself. Being a man myself and getting married later in life, i know how he must have felt, feeling very awkward.

I doubt very seriously that Steven Koecher is alive, and doubtful that he ever left that neighborhood. But conspiracy theories abound. People love a good conspiracy theory because the truth is usually less "fun."

Kelly

Over time I have revised the theory why Steven was in that neighborhood. I always assumed he was in that neighborhood to interview for a job or something. However he had his fliers on his dash board of his car. Obviously he wasn't driving around with them on the dashboard as they would be sliding off. I think that he might have been there to show someone the fliers and to create a better poster. So maybe he was in the neighborhood to meet with someone who was a graphic artist.

I think that he Steven may have struck up a conversation with someone and that someone told him to bring over some of his fliers. That is what Steven was carrying and that is why they were left on his dashboard.

Either way I think it is very unlikely that Steven is alive and was probably murdered.

Kelly

I wonder about the legality of it. I mean, for no banking type reason to just look up account info? That doesn't seem right.

Nothing wrong with it if you have it within your job description to review accounts. She could also be on the signature card...and she did make deposits to his account.

I have followed up on a hunch and I don't know if it is going to amount to a darn thing. However I don't want to bug the police with something that is a waste of time as they had enough people calling and bugging the daylights out of them.

<modsnip>. Thanks.

Kelly Robinson

<modsnip>.

In answer to several of the questions on here is that Steven was a deeply religious L.D.S. and so are his family. That means that whatever he was going through whether it was financial or otherwise his family and friends were involved in supporting him. The family never looked down on him for not being married. Steven Koecher put that type of pressure on himself. Being a man myself and getting married later in life, i know how he must have felt, feeling very awkward.

I doubt very seriously that Steven Koecher is alive, and doubtful that he ever left that neighborhood. But conspiracy theories abound. People love a good conspiracy theory because the truth is usually less "fun."

Kelly

This is a forum to share ideas and thoughts about the case, unless you have some concrete information that the rest of us aren&#8217;t aware of, all you have are ideas as well, <modsnip>.

<modsnip>.

In answer to several of the questions on here is that Steven was a deeply religious L.D.S. and so are his family. That means that whatever he was going through whether it was financial or otherwise his family and friends were involved in supporting him.

We don't know if that was the case and, in fact, based on what has been learned since Steven went missing, I would say it is absolutely not true.

The family never looked down on him for not being married. Steven Koecher put that type of pressure on himself.

Don't know these things for a fact, either.

doubt very seriously that Steven Koecher is alive, and doubtful that he ever left that neighborhood. But conspiracy theories abound. People love a good conspiracy theory because the truth is usually less "fun."

Kelly

I agree that Steven is most likely no longer with us. As far as conspiracy theories go, until Steven is found and all answers are revealed, all possibilities are still on the table. IMO.

I suppose people can believe anything they want, but very seriously doubt that this guy left on his own. There is just no evidence of that and the little evidence there is is in the opposite direction. I do have a theory that goes beyond the, "he was there on a job interview." I have a theory that falls along similar lines and I am going to try and develop it before i share it with the police, as the police have had lots of people calling them and bothering them with needless nonsense.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members