NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if that was the case and, in fact, based on what has been learned since Steven went missing, I would say it is absolutely not true.

Don't know these things for a fact, either.

I agree that Steven is most likely no longer with us. As far as conspiracy theories go, until Steven is found and all answers are revealed, all possibilities are still on the table. IMO.

I am going what I have heard the family say on the FB and on the NEWS and there is no reason to doubt that unless there is something that says otherwise. Either way I am not really sure it makes that much of a difference.

His behavior was not indicative of someone who was getting ready to head out for life. When an investigator looks into something they don't really go on what is possible, but what is probable. It's possible that he was kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel. Yes that's possible but not probable. Possibilities are endless, stick with what is probable.

Kelly

Well...I found it very interesting that where they were digging for Susan Powell was half way between Salt Lake, Ut/Ruby Valley, NV..and some of the same roads could have been taken by SK and JP. That is probable. JMO

New articles in the Trib today reminded me of a claim on the Powell's own website: "Since 2004, both Susan and Josh Powell have had the key to all of the vacant HUD homes in Utah." Steve Powell, his father, seems to love to dangle evidence like Susan's diaries, thinking it proves his point. I do wonder what JP was doing in these vacant HUD homes and whether he stashed Susan in one for SP to later recover. I wonder what SPowell knows about the possible uses of vacant homes, and whether there were vacant homes in this Las Vegas neighborhood.

It re-raises for me the possibility that SP could be responsible for Steven Koecher's disappearance. He took two days off work in the days before SK disappeared. For someone who worked by computer, days off work indicate that he needed to somewhere where he couldn't even pretend he was working by telecommuting. Or that he might have had scratches and bruises that would have been noticeable. Or he needed to meet someone in person. In the Perry March case (husband kills wife; father disposes of body), which I think SP and JP could have used as their template, he also accused his wife of running off with another man.

So did SP find a "patsy" in Steven Koecher online through an interest in songwriting? He could have flown to Utah, Reno, or Sacramento to meet him in those two off-work days. Then met him again on the weekend in Las Vegas with some phony "Hey, I'm going to be in Vegas to meet with a producer for a possible show." If you're lured to an ordinary neighborhood, you wouldn't suspect anything's wrong. Maybe the plan was to put the bodies together. I've long thought how each it would be to abduct SK off the Vegas street by pretending you lived in a vacant house, sitting in your car in the driveway until the person approaches, then saying, "Hi, you're here, get in and let's head over to the music studio!" SP is of an age that he would have remembered Ted Bundy, who was from Washington, and who easily lured multiple women to his car where, once they were inside, he knocked them out.

Just my opinion.

Hmm, I could be wrong of course, but I’m not sure I’ve heard anyone bring up the possibility of Steven meeting up with someone having to do with music. There is video of with a song Steven wrote and sang on youtube, he was fairly good. Could he have gone to SCA to give music lessons or write/perform music with someone? Being that he was hard up for money, maybe he was trying to use his musical talents to raise some cash.

This is still a big “maybe” for me, I still think his traveling around had something to do with his disappearance. I’m leaning towards him being a courier. Here is my current working theory: Steven owed someone money and could not pay the person. The person offered Steven a way out by doing some work for them instead. The person was involved in some shady business, perhaps a theft or money laundering ring and was having Steven drive around delivering stolen goods or money, since wiring it would be risky and traceable. Steven, being a little too trusting and in need of money, wasn’t aware of what he was actually doing. At some point, this person sent Steven to SCA to either deliver or pick up a large amount of cash from someone else involved in the ring. The person(s) he met up with in SCA decided he/she didn’t want to part with the money and when Steven showed up, he was killed and the money was taken. The person who sent him there never heard from Steven again but probably contacted the SCA person(s) and they either told him/her that Steven never showed up or told the him/her what they had done to Steven and they would never see the cash Steven went to pick-up/deliver ever again, basically a “screw you” we’re done with this. Being that this was all illegal, the person who was having Steven do this work didn’t contact police regarding his disappearance/murder. Just a working theory, I will probably change my mind next week….

New articles in the Trib today reminded me of a claim on the Powell's own website: "Since 2004, both Susan and Josh Powell have had the key to all of the vacant HUD homes in Utah." Steve Powell, his father, seems to love to dangle evidence like Susan's diaries, thinking it proves his point. I do wonder what JP was doing in these vacant HUD homes and whether he stashed Susan in one for SP to later recover. I wonder what SPowell knows about the possible uses of vacant homes, and whether there were vacant homes in this Las Vegas neighborhood.

It re-raises for me the possibility that SP could be responsible for Steven Koecher's disappearance. He took two days off work in the days before SK disappeared. For someone who worked by computer, days off work indicate that he needed to somewhere where he couldn't even pretend he was working by telecommuting. Or that he might have had scratches and bruises that would have been noticeable. Or he needed to meet someone in person. In the Perry March case (husband kills wife; father disposes of body), which I think SP and JP could have used as their template, he also accused his wife of running off with another man.

So did SP find a "patsy" in Steven Koecher online through an interest in songwriting? He could have flown to Utah, Reno, or Sacramento to meet him in those two off-work days. Then met him again on the weekend in Las Vegas with some phony "Hey, I'm going to be in Vegas to meet with a producer for a possible show." If you're lured to an ordinary neighborhood, you wouldn't suspect anything's wrong. Maybe the plan was to put the bodies together. I've long thought how each it would be to abduct SK off the Vegas street by pretending you lived in a vacant house, sitting in your car in the driveway until the person approaches, then saying, "Hi, you're here, get in and let's head over to the music studio!" SP is of an age that he would have remembered Ted Bundy, who was from Washington, and who easily lured multiple women to his car where, once they were inside, he knocked them out.

Just my opinion.

If SK knew of Steven Powell, I hope the music was the only thing they had in common.

Maps--- just for thoughts: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Puyallup,+WA&daddr=Ruby+Valley,+NV+to:Tremonton,+UT+to:West+Valley+City,+UT+to:Ely,+NV+to:St.+George,+UT+to:Las+Vegas,+NV&hl=en&ll=42.163403,-116.982422&spn=12.337872,20.566406&sll=39.010648,-114.960937&sspn=3.235065,5.141602&geocode=FeL9zwIdX_W1-CnD_yWxBfyQVDEL8Q9pWR3UWw%3BFQ_ZZwIdAmke-Skf90Bph22vgDHPdSko8z6psg%3BFQF5fAIdfH1Q-Sn3Tw112KJUhzHzj856hyZvkg%3BFZ3nbAId5v9S-SmziDX63YxShzHlrHiNmXR79Q%3BFU_eVgIdSvAm-Sn7R5NWjkmwgDEEQCKQeoViAg%3BFW4HNgIduO86-SnlOUmY0ETKgDEeHKH48gcXUw%3BFdYQJwIdMJoi-SnRffWkgre-gDGjebPV5tXMOg&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=5

http://g.co/maps/ruqdc

Recently, there was an UID added to NamUs. The unidentified man was found deceased in Salt Lake City, UT. [IMO] he resembles Mr. Koecher and he has scars behind his ears like Steven Koecher reportedly did. His weight and age are consistent with Steven Koecher's. There is a discrepancy that the UID reportedly has brown hair (it looks really light to me in the photo) and Steven has blond hair. The unidentified man is about 3 inches taller (73") than Steven (70").

This is the link to the unidentified man !Warning Post Mortem at Link! --https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10221

I do, as well.

I tried to access the link now, since I got home and I got the error message, too (I wasn't getting it this morning). Usually that means that the person has been identified. That was really fast because he was just listed on May 1st.

If SK knew of Steven Powell, I hope the music was the only thing they had in common.

http://g.co/maps/ruqdc

I don't think they had anything else in common, except perhaps an interest in online businesses revolving around music. From what we know of Steven, he would have been an "innocent," sort of easy to lure into something. It is possible to me that he could have been asked to "deliver" things that he didn't understand. A close friend was once in that position with her former boyfriend and later wound up testifying in a court case because of it, then having to change her name to avoid retaliation.

Far upthread, I speculated that he could have been lured somewhere by someone showing interest in his music but actually wanting to involve him in *advertiser censored*. My thought was that he might get quite indignant at even the suggestion and threaten to blow their cover, and they might do away with him to keep things quiet. I do think he might have gone somewhere to meet someone about music. As we all discussed long ago, it had to be interesting enough that he would skip church, but not as certain as a job interview because he was - or said he was - willing to come back to St. George if needed.

On edit: article in Tribune today notes that SP has a niece in Nevada - Vegas, specifically.

Not finding it. Got a link?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it

Thanks, swjaxon.

I don't see a specific reference to Vegas; just Nevada.

And Steve’s niece, Nicki Cardenas, of Nevada,

In any case, a link between Steven and Stephen Powell is about as likely to me as a link between Steven and Susan Powell.

JMO

Thanks, swjaxon.

I don't see a specific reference to Vegas; just Nevada.

And Steve’s niece, Nicki Cardenas, of Nevada,

In any case, a link between Steven and Stephen Powell is about as likely to me as a link between Steven and Susan Powell.

JMO

The person lives in Vegas. Just an odd coincidence. I'd like to know where SP was during not only the two days he took off work, but the following weekend. Flights to/from Vegas. Whether the relative who defends him and who lives there saw him in that time. That's all.

Over time I have revised the theory why Steven was in that neighborhood. I always assumed he was in that neighborhood to interview for a job or something. However he had his fliers on his dash board of his car. Obviously he wasn't driving around with them on the dashboard as they would be sliding off. I think that he might have been there to show someone the fliers and to create a better poster. So maybe he was in the neighborhood to meet with someone who was a graphic artist.

I think that he Steven may have struck up a conversation with someone and that someone told him to bring over some of his fliers. That is what Steven was carrying and that is why they were left on his dashboard.

Either way I think it is very unlikely that Steven is alive and was probably murdered.

Kelly

All this time I didn't know the fliers were on the dashboard.

That's very interesting because I've done the same thing - that is, take papers out of a binder/portfolio that I don't want to take with me at the time & set them on the dashboard till I get back to the car.

Sounds to me like he intended to come back to the car. He didn't want whoever he was meeting to see the fliers. IMO, because he might be embarrassed by them - like, what is a grown man doing passing out fliers? So, he took the fliers out of his folder to impress someone or not look pathetic.

He met the person and presented his credentials for a job and .... The End.

What the heck happened then? There is no scenario that fits. A man that is going to walk off into the desert doesn't take a portfolio with him!

I received an email today from another WS member that directed me to a website called postmoron and a post on their forum regarding meetings in Las Vegas. Apparently this group is for people who have left or want to leave the Moron church, ironically they had a meeting at a secret location (a members house) in Las Vegas Nov 15th 2009. No posts for a meeting in December. Looking through some other posts now. Interesting stuff mostly about how these former members feel "free" and that they "escaped" the church but dont know if they're ever really free from the church and their families.

Thank you for the link!

I wonder where SK was on Nov 15th 2009 just weeks before he disappeared. Did he attend this meeting? Is this why he went on the long drive and visited the former gf parents in N. Nevada? He wanted to make sure he wanted to leave the church and knew it meant leaving his family too?? This would make sense why he left the car there, a safe neighborhood near where one of these postmormon members lived or could pick him up. This scenario actually makes sense to me.

I just found the moderator's name and adress from doing some searches. Not going to post but I will say that his adress is on E. Flamingo which is a major road zip 89121. Wasnt his cell phone last signal near the interstate and E Flamingo?

I just found the moderator's name and adress from doing some searches. Not going to post but I will say that his adress is on E. Flamingo which is a major road zip 89121. Wasnt his cell phone last signal near the interstate and E Flamingo?

Do you know how far east on Flamingo? The IHop sightings are E. Flamingo and Boulder Highway.

IIRC, the last phone ping was further south. I wanna say Russell and I-515/95.

Do you know how far east on Flamingo? The IHop sightings are E. Flamingo and Boulder Highway.

IIRC, the last phone ping was further south. I wanna say Russell and I-515/95.

I'll have to map the adress and get back to you. I knew Flamingo sounded familiar with the case.

We'll call him Mr.X. Well Mr X's adress is about 1 1/2 miles east of Boulder Hwy from what I can determine from Mapquest, he lives on Flamingo by Pecos Rd if you're familiar with that area.

I received an email today from another WS member that directed me to a website called postmoron and a post on their forum regarding meetings in Las Vegas. Apparently this group is for people who have left or want to leave the Moron church, ironically they had a meeting at a secret location (a members house) in Las Vegas Nov 15th 2009. No posts for a meeting in December. Looking through some other posts now. Interesting stuff mostly about how these former members feel "free" and that they "escaped" the church but dont know if they're ever really free from the church and their families.

Thank you for the link!

I wonder where SK was on Nov 15th 2009 just weeks before he disappeared. Did he attend this meeting? Is this why he went on the long drive and visited the former gf parents in N. Nevada? He wanted to make sure he wanted to leave the church and knew it meant leaving his family too?? This would make sense why he left the car there, a safe neighborhood near where one of these postmormon members lived or could pick him up. This scenario actually makes sense to me.

I am an Ex-Mormon. I am not a member of Post Mormon but I belong to another Ex-Mormon forum.
I have attended three Ex-Mormon Meet Ups. Two were in public places and I attended a BBQ at a private residence. In regards to the BBQ, the location was not secret but as far as I know, all the attendees were posters on the forum so we all kind of "knew" each other before the event. In all three cases, I knew of the meet ups because I frequented the forum.

If Steven attended the Post Mormon meet up in LV, I wonder if he was a member/poster of that forum. I have a feeling his parents would not have made it public that he was logging onto "anti-Mormon" websites when his computer was checked. He could have logged on from a library. I would imagine that he would have posted on the forum/introducing himself before he attended a meeting.

Not speaking of the Post Mormon group, but it would not surprise me if an Ex-Mormon helped him , maybe giving him a job. I have heard of ex-Mormons helping missionaries that wanted to leave their missions but did not have the funds/support to do so. It is pretty shameful in the LDS religion for a missionary to leave their mission. They did not "return with honor" in the LDS mindset. Of course, Steven was not a young missionary but I think there might have been a slight possibility that he received help from a non-Mormon. That makes more sense to me than a drug runner scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member