NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson PD never has taken this case seriously, as a missing person's case, or foul play. So, unless SK's remains are found, or someone sings like a canary this case will not be investigated. I'm not sure it would even come up years later in a "Cold Case" review in Clark County.
The most we can hope for is that a particular person continues on his path of crime, and finds himself needing to make a huge plea deal. IMO
I'm not giving up hope!

Me too. If we could find the answer to this question I believe it would help explain his disappearance.

My latest theory: Someone SK knew offered him an under-the-table-job running errands/making deliveries to make money/make up for late rent. On one of his drives, he stopped by the house of an old girlfriend and mentioned he may be making a trip to Sacremento, something no one else had heard anything about. I think this was a future drive he was planning on making for his “job.” SK, being the naïve and trusting person he was, didn’t realize what he was dealing with nefarious people/activities and somehow ended up getting in over his head, which lead to someone killing him.

I've just watched a show on this case and - wow.

It does seem apparent that Steven met with foul play.

I think he was driving all over because he was seriously, seriously looking for work. I think he had an interview related to work, and was walking somewhere nearby to attend it.

He possibly met his end in a house very nearby...or at least, met his attacker.

Where the dogs ever taken through? Any houses and businesses nearby searched? It sounds as though LE totally dropped the ball on this one.

I've just watched a show on this case and - wow.

It does seem apparent that Steven met with foul play.

I think he was driving all over because he was seriously, seriously looking for work. I think he had an interview related to work, and was walking somewhere nearby to attend it.

He possibly met his end in a house very nearby...or at least, met his attacker.

Where the dogs ever taken through? Any houses and businesses nearby searched? It sounds as though LE totally dropped the ball on this one.

I agree with you 100%, except maybe on the LE thing. Some sickos are just good at hiding and have a great "normal" life- leaving nothing to go on for LE.

At this point, I think that the only way of catching this perp and finding Steven is if/when this perp strikes again. Hopefully he will slip up and be caught and confess to this crime.

I'm not too familiar with Steven's case. I just watched his Disappeared episode for the first time. His singing voice almost made me cry...So sad that his Dad passed away. Hope they were reunited and are back together again.

I agree with you 100%, except maybe on the LE thing. Some sickos are just good at hiding and have a great "normal" life- leaving nothing to go on for LE.

At this point, I think that the only way of catching this perp and finding Steven is if/when this perp strikes again. Hopefully he will slip up and be caught and confess to this crime.

My point was that they refused to take his disappearance seriously.

The family did the leg work themselves because LE more or less said "he's entitled to vanish" without looking at his actual circumstances.

For a start off, the poor guy was broke. You can't go far with $10 in your pocket.

There should be a better standard when reporting folks missing...base questions that need to be asked at the time of reporting.

Did he take his clothing or medication or other personal affects? No.
Does he have the financial means to disappear? No.
Did he behave in a hinky way beforehand, anything at all? No.
Was he deeply unhappy about some recent trauma? No.
Is he a loving family man? Yes.
Does he have the personality that would run away from everything, forever? An "all or nothing" type? No.

KWIM?:seeya:

My point was that they refused to take his disappearance seriously.
[snip]
There should be a better standard when reporting folks missing...base questions that need to be asked at the time of reporting.

Did he take his clothing or medication or other personal affects? No.
Does he have the financial means to disappear? No.
Did he behave in a hinky way beforehand, anything at all? No.
Was he deeply unhappy about some recent trauma? No.
Is he a loving family man? Yes.
Does he have the personality that would run away from everything, forever? An "all or nothing" type? No.
KWIM?:seeya:

I agree completely, esp with the questions that are not matters of opinion. If the family member makes a false missing person report just to locate a family member he's having a disagreement with, the police could go after him for a false police report. Suppose for example, the police find the reporter know that the "disappeared" person did take his medicine and a few thousand dollars in cash, this would be a false police report. Asking these questions would allow/obligate the police to start an investigation immediately. If it turns out to be a family dispute, they would go after the person making the report.

You're saying if you had hard evidence, you would go to LE and not share it here. If you don't have hard evidence, you won't share it here either b/c it's just a "theory". So what's the point of this forum then?

Seriously, what’s the point of coming here yet refusing to share any info or theories you have? Either share or keep it to yourself, don’t egg people on.

:modstop:

Back to discussing this case, NOT each other!

If you have a problem with another member, you have 3 options.

1) Scroll on by

2) Alert their post and leave a message for a moderator

3) Put the member on ignore

Taking matters into your own hands is NOT an option here!

I'm new to reading through this case, and I am sure the questions were answered along the way, but:

- Have the surrounding homes in the neighborhood been searched? Door to door questioning? Dog scent?

- Who lives in the surrounding homes? Questionable background on any of the home owners?

- How far away is the neighborhood from a train station or bus station?

It seems a likely scenario that Steven was lured into a home nearby for possible job or relationship reasons. Maybe he was told to park his car on the cul de sac in order to not block the street, neighbors driveway, etc.

I think about Steven probably more than any other missing person. I like to think he's out there extremely happy living the life he chose for himself but realistically I don't think that is the case. I feel he is the kind of man who would have contacted his family to say he was ok. I hope someday they get the answers they deserve.

I wish there was a way to get the police to take more of an interest in investing his disappearance. I understand there is the question whose investigation it should be, Vegas or Utah police, but that shouldn't mean no one investigates. I know it's been a long time now but this can be solved.

It really bothers me that LE didn't step up and look for this young man. Just because the missing person is an adult doesn't mean there is no foul play. Hope if I ever go missing no one assumes I walked away or killed myself. Because I wouldn't do either. I hope someday this case will be solved.

I'm new to reading through this case, and I am sure the questions were answered along the way, but:

- Have the surrounding homes in the neighborhood been searched? Door to door questioning? Dog scent? No

- Who lives in the surrounding homes? Questionable background on any of the home owners Not really - retirement community.

- How far away is the neighborhood from a train station or bus station? Not far, but has been ruled out.

It seems a likely scenario that Steven was lured into a home nearby for possible job or relationship reasons. Maybe he was told to park his car on the cul de sac in order to not block the street, neighbors driveway, etc. Not likely - on both counts.

I am of the same faith as Steven and we consider each other as one big family. This is why his disappearance hits me so strong. I took many views of the video film of the one house in the neighborhood where he disappeared. You can see him walk around the corner and stand still, as if he's waiting for someone to meet him. I also noticed a car that went up the street, goes out of view, then you see this same car coming back. I don't know if this is the person that's there for Steven, but I think that Steven has met this person before and it's possible he's been in the unknown person's car before too. That's how Steven gains the trust to meet with a stranger, if nothing happened the first time, then nothing will happen the second time, unfortunately something did happen the second or third time they met. I think he answered an ad or a flyer for work, which turned out to be fake. It's MOO, I don't believe he's alive or he may be trafficked. I'll try to find the video that I viewed. If he's no longer here, I know his father and him are together. Evil does exist and unfortunately, sometimes, it crosses paths with the innocent.

I am of the same faith as Steven and we consider each other as one big family. This is why his disappearance hits me so strong. I took many views of the video film of the one house in the neighborhood where he disappeared. You can see him walk around the corner and stand still, as if he's waiting for someone to meet him. I also noticed a car that went up the street, goes out of view, then you see this same car coming back. I don't know if this is the person that's there for Steven, but I think that Steven has met this person before and it's possible he's been in the unknown person's car before too. That's how Steven gains the trust to meet with a stranger, if nothing happened the first time, then nothing will happen the second time, unfortunately something did happen the second or third time they met. I think he answered an ad or a flyer for work, which turned out to be fake. It's MOO, I don't believe he's alive or he may be trafficked. I'll try to find the video that I viewed. If he's no longer here, I know his father and him are together. Evil does exist and unfortunately, sometimes, it crosses paths with the innocent.

I think you need to watch the video again.

To those who believe Steven was in Henderson, NV for a job interview, I ask.....

Why would he be seeking a job 2 hours from where he lived? By all accounts, jobs were plentiful in St. George. And Steven's Mother has been adamant that he would not have been in Henderson, seeking a job, on a Sunday, when he was supposed to be elsewhere - in St. George.

To those who believe Steven was in Henderson, NV for a job interview, I ask.....

Why would he be seeking a job 2 hours from where he lived? By all accounts, jobs were plentiful in St. George. And Steven's Mother has been adamant that he would not have been in Henderson, seeking a job, on a Sunday, when he was supposed to be elsewhere - in St. George.

I agree it was not likely that he was in that neighborhood looking for work or going for a job interview. I believe it's more likely he was working for someone already and that is what led him there.

I have no interest in watching that video again. I am interested in what happened to Steven and where he is now. I'm not saying he was there looking for a job, although he'd been looking for one for awhile. It's possible he was there to meet a person that he had already met or worked for, but he was in Henderson, NV. for some reason. I don't think he thought he'd be there long because of the purchases found in his car. You can clearly see him walking with purpose and confidence, he knew where he was going. I think he walked right into a trap. Jobs in St. George are not that plentiful, since people go there to retire and I've known people to move there looking for a job, only to move out because jobs are scarce. Again, I think he was there to meet up with someone he'd already met, gained his trust and Steven walked right into a trap. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3