NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The missionaries are everywhere - don't you see them where you live? They travel in twos on bicycles and they're much younger than 30.

I'm curious to know how old Steven was when he began his own mission in Brazil. Passports are good for 10 years, right - so did he have his renewed or was it still valid from when he went on his mission?

Laytonian - would you mind asking the family if they know whether or not Steven had his passport renewed?

His passport was current (confirmed on Jan 20th by Naegle).

It would have had to have been renewed, as he began his Brazil Sao Paulo mission in 1999. - and would have had to already have had it, when he went to the MTC (missionary training center) in Provo.

I agree....yet he left his notebook computer behind.

Wait! We don't have any questions for today.

I'm going to ask Naegle if Steven was known to use library computers.

Can you ask if the VM number called from his cell phone, the last call he made, had been used multiple times before, or if that was the first time?

Cheerleader here!

We need to regroup. Steven is still missing and we need to figure out how to find him.

Who believes we're looking for a live Steven?

Who doesn't?

We have been gone getting the house ready for new renters. I have not been able to catch up reading the thread (and now there is a new thread!) but I wanted to stop in and post what I noticed at the house.

Steve's family had already been to the house to get all of his things, his room was totally empty and almost all of his dishes were gone. There were a few random dishes and utinsels but I don't know if they were Steve's or Jordan's.

The food Steve had purchased was still there, or it seemed to be that most of it was still there, there was enough that it didn't look like his family took any of it. He did purchase the Walmart brand Great Value and the big sizes. To me it doesn't make sense if he was planning to dissapear that he would buy as much food as he did or that he would buy the largest size, especially on a tight budget. Juice, cheese 2 pound brick, and other pershibles were not even opened yet. The peanut butter had been used maybe once and it is a huge jar. It looked like he had bought about a months worth of groceries.

I don't think he bought that much stuff when Jordan was living there because he complained to DH a few times that Jordan would eat his food, including his left overs, when he would make a meal. I remember DH telling me once Steve had been looking forward to being home from a trip and having something he had made for dinner, but that Jordan had ate it.

It just made me think that Steve's dissapearance wasn't something he had planned. But my own feelings about not wasting food influence that I am sure.

We have been gone getting the house ready for new renters. I have not been able to catch up reading the thread (and now there is a new thread!) but I wanted to stop in and post what I noticed at the house.

Steve's family had already been to the house to get all of his things, his room was totally empty and almost all of his dishes were gone. There were a few random dishes and utinsels but I don't know if they were Steve's or Jordan's.

The food Steve had purchased was still there, or it seemed to be that most of it was still there, there was enough that it didn't look like his family took any of it. He did purchase the Walmart brand Great Value and the big sizes. To me it doesn't make sense if he was planning to dissapear that he would buy as much food as he did or that he would buy the largest size, especially on a tight budget. Juice, cheese 2 pound brick, and other pershibles were not even opened yet. The peanut butter had been used maybe once and it is a huge jar. It looked like he had bought about a months worth of groceries.

I don't think he bought that much stuff when Jordan was living there because he complained to DH a few times that Jordan would eat his food, including his left overs, when he would make a meal. I remember DH telling me once Steve had been looking forward to being home from a trip and having something he had made for dinner, but that Jordan had ate it.

It just made me think that Steve's dissapearance wasn't something he had planned. But my own feelings about not wasting food influence that I am sure.

Thank you - this is something I was wondering about just today!

Snipped from :

What wonderful advice, ITA. Thank you.

Cheerleader here!

We need to regroup. Steven is still missing and we need to figure out how to find him.

Who believes we're looking for a live Steven?

Who doesn't?

That is a good question. I would be interested to hear others responses. I thought there was a way to do a poll on here, but I can't find it.

I go back and forth on this question quite a bit. 90% of me says we are looking for a live Steven that chose to leave on his own. I think his actions prior to leaving are just too questionable.

At this time, I will keep my "other 10%" theory to myself. Although I think others share the same thoughts.

That is a good question. I would be interested to hear others responses. I thought there was a way to do a poll on here, but I can't find it.

I go back and forth on this question quite a bit. 90% of me says we are looking for a live Steven that chose to leave on his own. I think his actions prior to leaving are just too questionable.

At this time, I will keep my "other 10%" theory to myself. Although I think others share the same thoughts.

I am sure Steven left of his own accord. What happened to him after he took off is another story. But I do not believe he left with a total stranger to him.

At first I felt Steven might have left.
Then I was thinking he had some sort of emotional overload.
I was hoping it was him at the IHOP.
But, now,
and I really pray I am wrong,
I think he is no longer with us.

Thanks, still, for giving us a little more insight into the man!!

Hey, thanks for stopping by!

Here's a few more possibilities on that giant-sized food:

When you grow up in a big family (I did, too), there's nothing but large sizes in the family pantry, and that's what you gravitate to, when you shop. You're taught that the "big one is cheaper" and "it'll last longer". The first thing I bought, when I got my own apartment? A 3-pound can of coffee.

A two-pound brick of cheese is something my husband eats in a week. A little chunk at a time.

Maybe some of those things were given to Steven by his folks, out of their two-year-food storage, ready to be turned over and replaced. (No, we're not going to ask you for the expiration dates!)

Thanks!

In the one mile circle around the Savannah Springs cul de sac, there were less than 20 crimes in 3 months....and all were on the outskits of the circle. (A link I posted early on here, from the Henderson PD).

Being the suspicious type, I'm sniffing the April Barber case, where Justin claimed they were walking on the beach when a guy came up, robbed them, shot April in the face and shot Justin four times:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10150669-38.html

EDIT:
There's only one middle school in Henderson, that would fit this description: Del Webb Middle School at 2200 Reunion Ave on the northeastern edge of the Anthem area and about four miles diagonal from the cul de sac we're familiar with:

On this map, A is the Savannah Springs cul de sac and B is the school: MAP

Hi all. I'm new, but I've been lurking for weeks, primarily on this thread and the Susan Powell thread. As a Utahn, both these cases really hit home and I believe, like others, I can offer some insight into Utah culture.

First though, I wanted to say that it was the post by Appalled that got me to register. I was very frustrated by his assessment of you good people. (I say he, because "he" went out of his way to implicate "housewives" and "grandmothers" on this forum. I believe this is a clue about his generations view of women in general and gives away his age.) While I second webrockets views about implicating innocent people, I think it's important to point out that public records are just that, PUBLIC.

Second, because I am slightly obsessed with missing people in general, I came across this article yesterday. While this gentleman is a bit older than Steven and disappeared in Pahrump, there are some similarities. Maybe take a look.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/27/police-foul-play-possible-missing-persons-case/

(I really hope I did that correctly!)

I may not have a lot of comments to make, but I will be lurking and keeping an eye on your great work. One last thing - Naegle, I admire your strength so much and your willingness to embrace every effort to find your cousin.

Fairy1 Thanks for the welcome! I will for sure be sticking around. I dont know steven or his family but this case has affected me in a way no other case has.

Can we ask Naegle about the previous relationship between him and jordan? How they got along living together?

Also, in response to the question yesterday, I think were looking for a live steven.

Hi all. I'm new, but I've been lurking for weeks, primarily on this thread and the Susan Powell thread. As a Utahn, both these cases really hit home and I believe, like others, I can offer some insight into Utah culture.

First though, I wanted to say that it was the post by Appalled that got me to register. I was very frustrated by his assessment of you good people. (I say he, because "he" went out of his way to implicate "housewives" and "grandmothers" on this forum. I believe this is a clue about his generations view of women in general and gives away his age.) While I second webrockets views about implicating innocent people, I think it's important to point out that public records are just that, PUBLIC.

Second, because I am slightly obsessed with missing people in general, I came across this article yesterday. While this gentleman is a bit older than Steven and disappeared in Pahrump, there are some similarities. Maybe take a look.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/27/police-foul-play-possible-missing-persons-case/

(I really hope I did that correctly!)

I may not have a lot of comments to make, but I will be lurking and keeping an eye on your great work. One last thing - Naegle, I admire your strength so much and your willingness to embrace every effort to find your cousin.

Welcome! Im a utahn too and I know exactly what you mean about this case and susan powell's case hitting home. Although, i dont believe theres much mystery in the susan powell case. Elizabeth smarts case also caught my attention.

The link you posted, do you know anymore about that case?

Fairy1 Thanks for the welcome! I will for sure be sticking around. I dont know steven or his family but this case has affected me in a way no other case has.

Can we ask Naegle about the previous relationship between him and jordan? How they got along living together?

Also, in response to the question yesterday, I think were looking for a live steven.

Welcome, from another Utahn!

Can you clarify your first question a bit?
Are you asking whether Steven and Jordan knew each other, prior to their becoming co-renters?

Welcome! Im a utahn too and I know exactly what you mean about this case and susan powell's case hitting home. Although, i dont believe theres much mystery in the susan powell case. Elizabeth smarts case also caught my attention.

The link you posted, do you know anymore about that case?

Thanks yeahitsanna! The link I posted was the only story I could find on the case. I just think it's interesting that he went missing 7 - 10 days before Steven, in Nevada, and his car was also found abandoned.

O/T FYI - Josh Powell was seen on a flight last night from Seattle headed to Utah. He's baaaackkkkk!

I do not believe that Steven left with someone of his own free will. He would not have needed such an intricate level of subterfuge for that IMHO. I also think that he would have left some kind of note ; he was a writer after all. If not his parents, he would probably have contacted his sister.
The time before he was last seen in St.George is an area I'm going to examine much more closely. That random driving : it almost sounds like he was trying to loose someone who was shadowing him. Really odd.
There seems to be a lot of secrecy surrounding Steven's disappearance , many things we do not know, and possibly never will know. Mr. Webb's actions and the phone call are an example.
Right now, I don't think Steven was murdered. I'm hoping he is alive somewhere. I really liked FastEddies story about the guy who left to become a cowboy ; shows that you just never know about people ...
It's ironic, the fact that Steven is bilingual in Portugese is a valuable asset ; he could have almost certainly gotten hired by several federal agencies. The government likes to hire LDS people, and there is a large LDS community in the Washington DC area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member