NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the libraries system is anything like where I live we have to log in with our library card & use a password.... there has to be a way to look up his logins & what he did - you would think right - big brother and all - it could be possible

Ahhh...good point.

I'm hoping LE has done that; the family wouldn't know if they (LE) had done so.

I feel that Steven left his car in that area because he knew it would be easy to find and sooner rather than later. Am I right that his Mom or parents were co-signers on the car loan? So, I'm thinking he knew he wouldn't be able to pay for it, but he didn't want it to be stolen or go unnoticed for any length of time. IMO, if someone had stolen the car from Steven, it would have been stripped. I don't think many carjackers or thieves are just looking for a ride to a retirement community.

The mountain area behind the Sun City Anthem community lead away from Las Vegas. There's no way his phone could have pinged in the Vegas area the following day if he had gone off in the opposite direction.

"Vegas area" doesn't exclude Henderson.

Sure, the mountains behind (south of) Sun City Anthem are further from Vegas, but there's mountains to the east and west. They're no further from Vegas. Zoom out on the satellite view. The closest path to the mountains, if one were on foot, would be to the west.

Just because you're on a mountain, doesn't mean your cellphone doesn't work. We have stranded hikers and skiers call for help via cellphone all the time. It happened again yesterday, when an avalanche crashed down.

One report said he was behind on his car payments, but due to some questions posted today, we're asking Naegle for more personal financial information about her cousin.

Laytonian, on your advice I went back and looked at the videos. Something caught my eye in Cam 7 right at the end.

I must have played the video about fifty times in a row. I enlarged to full screen on my 20" Samsung flatscreen. And I found the best way to watch that video is to not sit up close. If you get too close, the pixels will drive you nuts. But if you sit back about three feet it seems to be easier to decipher images.

So, Steven leaves frame left. We now see his form and his shadow on the passenger's side windows of the minivan. We see him walking down the sidewalk, his shadow is out to the front and left of him. It looks to be kind of a "soft" shadow in that the object (his body) is a few feet away from where the shadow is actually projected on the ground.

But, at mark 12:00:53, suddenly the shadow becomes very dark and "hard", meaning the shadow is now much closer to the object (his body). For example, if I have a light source on the other side of a 10 foot wide room and I put my hand up in the middle of the room, you will hardly notice the shadow of my hand on the opposite wall. But, as I move my hand closer to that wall you can begin to discern a shape of a hand. In addition, the shadow gets darker and darker, more into focus, more into focus until my hand is up against the wall and the shadow is defined and dark.

Steven passes very close to something at that point in the video, something that is much closer to him than anything on that sidewalk. My problem is that looking at a satellite view I can't tell what that "something" is. I suppose I could drive up there and check for myself. . .uh. . .again. But I would like to have other people look at that first.

My second point is maybe my eyes are totally playing tricks on me. Granted, the video quality is not that great and things look to be moving in frame that really aren't, just look how the surface of the van changes from frame to frame even though it is parked. But, I could swear that it looks like Steven never truly gets to the edge of the passenger's side front window. It actually looks like he either stops or more likely walks off the sidewalk away from the street.

Doing my calculations that I did last week figuring approximately how fast Steven is moving, I figure he moved just under sixty feet from the edge of the frame until we see his figure last on that window. Just under sixty feet would put him not quite in front of that first casita we see from the satellite view. It almost looks like he cuts into the lot before he gets to that casita. It would explain why the shadow gets so dark since he is moving closer to an object that is on the other side of the street.

Laytonian, on your advice I went back and looked at the videos. Something caught my eye in Cam 7 right at the end.

I must have played the video about fifty times in a row. I enlarged to full screen on my 20" Samsung flatscreen. And I found the best way to watch that video is to not sit up close. If you get too close, the pixels will drive you nuts. But if you sit back about three feet it seems to be easier to decipher images.

So, Steven leaves frame left. We now see his form and his shadow on the passenger's side windows of the minivan. We see him walking down the sidewalk, his shadow is out to the front and left of him. It looks to be kind of a "soft" shadow in that the object (his body) is a few feet away from where the shadow is actually projected on the ground.

But, at mark 12:00:53, suddenly the shadow becomes very dark and "hard", meaning the shadow is now much closer to the object (his body). For example, if I have a light source on the other side of a 10 foot wide room and I put my hand up in the middle of the room, you will hardly notice the shadow of my hand on the opposite wall. But, as I move my hand closer to that wall you can begin to discern a shape of a hand. In addition, the shadow gets darker and darker, more into focus, more into focus until my hand is up against the wall and the shadow is defined and dark.

Steven passes very close to something at that point in the video, something that is much closer to him than anything on that sidewalk. My problem is that looking at a satellite view I can't tell what that "something" is. I suppose I could drive up there and check for myself. . .uh. . .again. But I would like to have other people look at that first.

My second point is maybe my eyes are totally playing tricks on me. Granted, the video quality is not that great and things look to be moving in frame that really aren't, just look how the surface of the van changes from frame to frame even though it is parked. But, I could swear that it looks like Steven never truly gets to the edge of the passenger's side front window. It actually looks like he either stops or more likely walks off the sidewalk away from the street.

Doing my calculations that I did last week figuring approximately how fast Steven is moving, I figure he moved just under sixty feet from the edge of the frame until we see his figure last on that window. Just under sixty feet would put him not quite in front of that first casita we see from the satellite view. It almost looks like he cuts into the lot before he gets to that casita. It would explain why the shadow gets so dark since he is moving closer to an object that is on the other side of the street.

I think you're onto something. I've been so busy watching the figure, I haven't looked at anything else.

00:53.

The dark object looks like a dark-colored car, and then the a darker spot appears....like a car door was opened.

NOW:

Start completely over, and CAREFULLY look at the "dark spot" reflected in the car window. Keep watching. It looks like someone's standing there watching as Steven approaches.

"Vegas area" doesn't exclude Henderson.

Sure, the mountains behind (south of) Sun City Anthem are further from Vegas, but there's mountains to the east and west. They're no further from Vegas. Zoom out on the satellite view. The closest path to the mountains, if one were on foot, would be to the west.

Just because you're on a mountain, doesn't mean your cellphone doesn't work. We have stranded hikers and skiers call for help via cellphone all the time. It happened again yesterday, when an avalanche crashed down.

One report said he was behind on his car payments, but due to some questions posted today, we're asking Naegle for more personal financial information about her cousin.

Well, I'm thinking the mountains leading up from the Black Mountain Foothills out of Henderson primarily go south - but I could be wrong. They are part of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, which extend well into California, IIRC. I'm really going to have to go out there and see for myself.

I can tell you, there will be no snow or avalanches anywhere near Henderson.

I think you're onto something. I've been so busy watching the figure, I haven't looked at anything else.

00:53.

The dark object looks like a dark-colored car, and then the a darker spot appears....like a car door was opened.

NOW:

Start completely over, and CAREFULLY look at the "dark spot" reflected in the car window. Keep watching. It looks like someone's standing there watching as Steven approaches.

whoa, it does look like a dark car with someone standing next to it through out the entire video. It looks like he doesn't even slow down though doesn't it? I wish the video were a bit longer so we could see if that car left right away. That's so strange. Good eye fasteddy for noticing that at first!

whoa, it does look like a dark car with someone standing next to it through out the entire video. It looks like he doesn't even slow down though doesn't it? I wish the video were a bit longer so we could see if that car left right away. That's so strange. Good eye fasteddy for noticing that at first!

No doubt, the video IS longer, we just don't have access to it.

Okay, people. I drove back up there. (Appalled, if you're still reading all of our posts, I passed through once and did not even pay attention to your or anyone else's house. I did not stop. I passed "Go" and collected my $200)

From what I can tell in the dark, driving slow with high beams on, there is absolutely nothing there that would naturally cause that hard shadow. Driving up there I was brainstorming what could cause that shadow. I have to admit that I don't see a dark parked car in the video. Sorry. Plus, I think that short driveway is further down and it cannot be seen in the reflection in the window. Now, could a car be parked along the street just out of view, sure. That just wasn't in my mind when I first saw that hard shadow appear.

So, I drove up there. I was brainstorming what could cause that hard shadow to appear out of nowhere. Things that would normally be on a sidewalk that would cause a distortion of a regular shadow. A fire hydrant? There is no fire hydrant in that area. In fact, I don't even remember one on the street but I was only looking for something in that area of where the hard shadow appeared. My other choice was one of those green boxes metal boxes that house electrical, cable, gas, etc. wiring. I'm not knowledgeable in that department but there are these green boxes that I know have something to do with utilities that sometimes sit on the edge of the sidewalk between the property and the sidewalk. There wasn't one of those either.

There is no lighting there. So, there is no light pole. There is no rock near the sidewalk. There are two huge bushes right at the end of the wall but they are dark and not solid so the shadow they would reflect would not look like the one in the photo.

So, what I am saying is that as far as I can tell there is nothing that is naturally on that street that would make that hard shadow.

I tell you what, though. You might be right laytonian. Took another look at that video and man. . .it does seem like he might have left the sidewalk to get into a car. Whoa. . .Dang. Going to look at that some more. But I am telling you guys, the shadow does not go with what is on that sidewalk. Car parked there or not.

I asked my husband and he couldn't see a car in the video either. To me it looks like it's there the whole time with someone standing by it. It even looks like the person moves around the time he comes into view in the video. I wish we had more of that video before and after the times we do have. If it actually is a car, we'd be able to see when it arrived and left.

Could it be a garbage can ? Because I can see something else on the sidewalk, further up the street.A dark shape. Looks like garbage cans,

I have to admit that if I am really trying to make my brain work it does look like he might have gotten in a car. The only thing I would say against that is that you can see the white line of the 6 inch edge of the sidewalk (curb) go entirely through the picture. If there was a car there, that line would be blocked. But maybe I am seeing things wrongly.

As for a garbage can? Could be. But Sunday garbage collection? I don't think so. Could it still be there from the day before. . .like Saturday? Possibly. But it seems to me that the garbage can would be up the street from where the driveway for that house starts. In my neighborhood, everyone just puts their can right at the end of the driveway whether there is a sidewalk or not. If it is a garbage can, it looks to be in a place where someone would have to go out of their way to put it there. Possible? Sure.

The only thing I would add to that, though, is that most garbage cans are a dark color. . .black, brown, dark blue. . .and I wonder if they would make that kind of shadow under those conditions. If the can was white? Definitely that would be possible. I just don't see many light colored garbage cans here.

IMO, there is NO way Steven would have known there was a camera that would capture his image that day if he was purposely attempting to be covert. If he was ditching his car and then getting into another car, why would he meet it around the corner? Why wouldn't they just have followed him to where he dropped his own car? They wouldn't have known their actions would be recorded. This doesn't make sense to me either!?!?!?!

Fairy1, all good points. But, what if Steven didn't know he was essentially "ditching" his car? What if he thought he was parking it?

I know this goes way back and laytonian and I have differed on this but that's why I think it is not an optical illusion that Steven slowed down at the Evening Lights St. intersection in his car. He comes down Savannah. Sees the sign for Evening Lights. Slows down. Looks down Evening Lights. Sees a dark car with somebody standing beside it. Somebody is standing outside the car so as to look for Steven coming down Savannah so he can flag Steven down when he sees Steven.

Steven then knows he is in the right area. Maybe the person motions to him to park it in the cul de sac. Maybe there is already a prior understanding. Steven parks in the cul de sac. Steven walks around the corner and jumps into somebody else's car. To me, it is entirely plausible and possible. I am just not sure I see a dark car in the video. But after watching it a 100 times now it just looks like Steven definitely does not continue walking down the sidewalk. Something goes on right at the edge of the passenger's side front window at 12:00:53.

I have to admit that if I am really trying to make my brain work it does look like he might have gotten in a car. The only thing I would say against that is that you can see the white line of the 6 inch edge of the sidewalk (curb) go entirely through the picture. If there was a car there, that line would be blocked. But maybe I am seeing things wrongly.

I see what you mean about the curb. hmm...it's strange...was there a tree there that could have created a shadow?

A tree? I was just there. No trees there.

See, one of the problems we have is the way the mind works. Our brains (I am no psychiatrist or behaviorist but I have read about this) are kind of wired to look for patterns. Kind of like when you look at those Rosarch fingerpaint things. . .however they are spelled. Even though they are just a bunch of globs of paint together, the mind finds something "within" the paint that makes another part of the brain think that we are looking at a horse or a dog or a guy on a couch eating popcorn. Like when we look at clouds. That cloud looks like a dog. That cloud looks like an airplane. Even though, the clouds are just randomly forming water vapor or whatever clouds are. . .I'm not a scientist either.

So, when looking at the end of that video. From what I now know of the location and I know for sure that that is a shadow, I know that that shadow should not be there. But you don't really see a car there. No four wheels. No discernible shape. But our mind kind of "tricks" us into thinking that that is what it would look like if someone was getting into a car under those circumstances. The movement. The shadow. The dark mass. The mass of Steven not seemingly continuing on the sidewalk. It could be our mind just trying to make sense of something. Like the face on Mars from that one photograph. It "looks" like a face. But what they don't tell you is that the thing is like 100 yards wide and is a hill. But, the human mind says "Hey, that's a face."

So, I'm not sure what I see in the video. Could it be Steven getting into a car? Sure. Could it be him leaving the sidewalk and going behind that casita? Sure. All I can say for sure is that that hard shadow at 12:00:53 should not be there given what I now know about that sidewalk in that particular area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome