NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How 'bout those singles wards folks? Anyone know how to figure it out?

http://maps.lds.org/?unitId=429554

This is the map of the building that I believe someone living in SCA would attend as a single adult. There are about 8 -10 singles wards in the Vegas area. Based on the fact that wards attend buildings based on geographic locations this is the closest one to SCA. Coincidentally they meet at 1:00. Which would give someone time to stop by a house in SCA and grab a bite to eat before heading to church. Along these same lines Steven isn't wearing what would generally be considered "church attire." I don't think he had plans on attending church. Now if he had been wearing slacks a white shirt and tie, I may think otherwise.

FYI I also posted over on FB asking anyone of Steven's friends or ward members if GW made it to church on 12/13. It seems many people like my question but so far no responses. I don't understand how everyone can be so silent about this. Maybe there is an elephant in the room.

Another thing, If it's me in that car and I have a 12:00pm apt. I wait in the car until 12. Especially if it will only take me 30 seconds to walk there. Which I believe it took him to reach his destination there at one of the 4 houses on EL. I also think no directions were found in his car because he had them with him in whatever he was carrying. When he is walking in camera 3 and looking down I originally thought he may have been texting but he also could have been looking down at the directions he had written down. Making sure he had the right house number. If I have a an apt. I like to show up on time. Not early. Not late. Especially if it's a job interview I don't want to seem to eager. Maybe it's just me though. I guess I'm just saying I would have waited in the car until 12:00 pm too. Maybe it's a guy thing.

I just wanted to pop in for a minute and address the voicemail issue. I have had ATT cell service for years, with at least 4 different phones. And with none of those phones have I ever called my own number or the ATT number for voicemail, nor have I needed a password. I can either press the "send/call" button from the voicemail screen, or I can press and hold "1" from any screen. Pressing "1" isn't a speed dial that I set up -- it's just how all ATT phones work. When I do access the voicemail through either of these methods, the local (with my area code) ATT voicemail number appears in my call log under "dialed numbers." I can't say for certain this is how Steven's phone worked, but I'd assume this is how it operated, since I've had low-end and high-end phones with ATT service.

Hope that's helpful! I haven't felt that I've had much to add lately, but I'm still following this case and thinking of Steven and his family often.

In our local newspaper they are always posting ads about donating Plasma twice a week to make $90.00. This would be a free way for Steven to make some money. I'm sure since it's medical related, with the Hippa Laws, they wouldn't be able to release this information. However, I'm sure a police department could get these records. I am attaching the link to one of the companies that has a location in Las Vegas:

http://www.talecrisplasma.com/

Suicide:

This idea does not fit with the scenario to me. If he merely wanted to commit suicide, he could have done it in his room with a bottle of aspirin. Going to Vegas does not fit with the idea of suicide. However, that's not to say that Steven is still alive today because if something went terribly wrong while he was in Vegas, the possibilities are endless as to what happened to him.

I hate thinking like this about this case.

....and if someone did have bad things in mind, they're going to tell him to park "down the street". I think IF he had an address in mind, it'd be anywhere on Laurel Heights or west, within Overlook Village.

Definitely! I totally agree with this. His destination could have been anywhere within Overlook Village which most likely gives a much wider berth of people than the retired LE professionals, teachers, military, etc that Appalled said live on Evening Lights. If Liz B is right and Steven is no longer with us, I just wonder what someone's motivation would be for harming a seemingly harmless, 30-year old LDS man. If Steven were a woman, it would be assumed he was lured there and raped/murdered. But what could someone possibly want with Steven? Who would want to hurt him? What did he have that someone could have wanted? And most importantly, what would they have said/promised to make Steven go there? I can't come up with one plausible sounding theory.

Definitely! I totally agree with this. His destination could have been anywhere within Overlook Village which most likely gives a much wider berth of people than the retired LE professionals, teachers, military, etc that Appalled said live on Evening Lights. If Liz B is right and Steven is no longer with us, I just wonder what someone's motivation would be for harming a seemingly harmless, 30-year old LDS man. If Steven were a woman, it would be assumed he was lured there and raped/murdered. But what could someone possibly want with Steven? Who would want to hurt him? What did he have that someone could have wanted? And most importantly, what would they have said/promised to make Steven go there? I can't come up with one plausible sounding theory.

Here's fifty:

http://www.adherents.com/misc/hsk.html

-as I watch those videos once again, I think way back to one of my first posts ever on here. The whole thing looked and felt a lot like an episode of To Catch A Predator. Guy from out of town. Single. Young. . .well, younger. No luck with chicks. Drives into an unfamiliar neighborhood. Parks down the street. Hesitates before getting out of his car. THAT is a To Catch a Predator episode. And Steven did those exact same things. Coincidence?

I'm not familiar with the show "To Catch a Predator". In the scenario you propose, would Steven be the predator or the prey? What's the gist of this show?

Wow, thanks for this link Hollyblue. Very scary. Now you've put into my mind an image of Steven being lured there by the promise of a 'gig' or day-long job to make some money and being murdered by a serial killer masquerading as a kind grandfatherly type. Entirely possible, you are right. Look at BTK or John Wayne Gacy - both were considered upstanding citizens and pillars of their community until they were caught. When these type of killers are caught, what do their neighbors always say? "But he was so nice!" or "We never would have thought!.."

Hey G!!!!!! Yes there was water within walking distance and no one from the family has indicated that Steven owned and carried a gun. Steven's family reports that while he was down in the dumps regarding his job prospects, he was generally upbeat. Steven did an an intensive drive in the week prior to his disappearance....capoly did a cool map and laytonian did a great time line....watch the video if you get a chance and see if you think the man depicted was on his way to do himself in....

Hi Believe and thanks for the suggestions! I have been lurking around the threads since they went up and have watched the video several times. If he was on his way to do himself in then he certainly was not hesitant about it was he? Personally, I think it is unlikely he killed himself but it is a possibility considering things had not been going so great for him lately and carbuff said something about being struck by Steven feeling a need to tell people he was going away and wanting to say goodbye which made me start thinking about suicide.

Layontian's timeline is a great resource - thank you Layontian!

I must have missed Capoly's map though. I will go back and try to find that.

Wow, thanks for this link Hollyblue. Very scary. Now you've put into my mind an image of Steven being lured there by the promise of a 'gig' or day-long job to make some money and being murdered by a serial killer masquerading as a kind grandfatherly type. Entirely possible, you are right. Look at BTK or John Wayne Gacy - both were considered upstanding citizens and pillars of their community until they were caught. When these type of killers are caught, what do their neighbors always say? "But he was so nice!" or "We never would have thought!.."

That would fit all the observed evidence, wouldn't it? Wow.

From this morning's Ogden Standard-Examiner:
"He was frustrated that he was unable to find a full-time job," said Rolf Koecher, adding his son had found a part-time marketing job for a window-washing and home service business."

http://www.standard.net/topics/safe...ahns-picture-milk-carton-utah-southern-nevada

So it's really just *marketing*, not the "washing windows and putting up Christmas lights" that has previously been described?

Arthur Gary Bishop would fit this one, the closest, because he lured young boys from his own neighborhood to his home/apartment ... and was even questioned in at least one of the cases. He got away with it, because he moved a few times and no one linked the cases to him.
When he was caught, he took LE to the bodies: all buried neatly in a row in Utah's west desert (near Cedar Fort, Utah). (Susan Powell nearby?)

Read the Bishop case -- interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Gary_Bishop

Remember when we were mulling over other cases, and wondered if other same-aged men were disappearing in Vegas?

Here's the problem: Cities, especially tourist cities, aren't going to admit that they suspect a serial killer is at work. "Oh, 1500 people are reported missing here every month".
Well....how many of them have *permanently* disappeared without a trace?
How many were men, about 30 years old?
How many seemed to have plans for the future?
How many left without taking anything with them? (We've got two).

Hi Mia, I'm not saying I think this is what happened, but it is possible. There are some sick people out there. So many everyday incidents that we take for granted and don't give two seconds of thought to could easily lead to someone's demise. It is really frightening if you think about too long.

Or...maybe not a grandfatherly type?

Maybe someone who picks different addresses every time, and just has them meet him there?

We don't have anyone else missing from SCA (at least as far as I can find), but there's a lot of people missing from Vegas.

Did we make a mistake here, by breaking the Trevor Paul Morse case into a separate topic (for tidiness on WS?)....instead of looking at other similar cases and bringing them IN...or creating a possible LVSK thread?
NV - Trevor Paul Morse 5-6-2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

After all, since one of the favorite theories is "he was lured"....the lurer has done this before.

To add confusion to the AT&T voicemail issue:
My husband's AT&T voicemail is accessed primarily through the main display menu, not by a special key.

From this morning's Ogden Standard-Examiner:
"He was frustrated that he was unable to find a full-time job," said Rolf Koecher, adding his son had found a part-time marketing job for a window-washing and home service business."

http://www.standard.net/topics/safe...ahns-picture-milk-carton-utah-southern-nevada

So it's really just *marketing*, not the "washing windows and putting up Christmas lights" that has previously been described?

Yes, it's tacky to quote myself -- but why NOW describe this as a more high-level "marketing" job? I don't want to seem disrespectful to a hurting family, but terms like this seem like an attempt to lead only in one direction.

Yes, it's tacky to quote myself -- but why NOW describe this as a more high-level "marketing" job? I don't want to seem disrespectful to a hurting family, but terms like this seem like an attempt to lead only in one direction.

This is the first I've heard of the marketing aspect. Is that the same as distributing flyers?
Every other mention in the articles and elsewhere have said window washing job.

Confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member