NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been able to get a hold of my family in LV or Henderson - as I only have their email addresses (too much moving around to have phone #'s). I'll keep at it. :(

Has Naegle talked to AN. And did AN call Steven? Frankly, if one of my friends stopped by my parents house, my parents would call me right away to tell me someone was looking for me, and they had lunch together etc. Then you would expect AN to call Steven and be like "What's up? Do you want to talk or something?" And wouldn't she probably say "Oh your headed home through Salt Lake? Why don't you stop by or meet me for lunch?" If this did happen, maybe AN knows something about Steven's travels.

Even if Steven never called her, wouldn't the fact he appeared to be trying to contact her make her want to contact him????

I think its weird he stopped there in the first place. AN didnt even know he was living in st george nor did she call him after she heard hed stopped. I dunno but if someone didnt know basic stuff about me, im prob not gonna go in and have lunch with their family for hours. Just seems weird.

Do we know how long GW was in Vegas? Did he leave the night before like Steven? Was he there for the weekend? Did he just go down for continental breakfast? I still feel like we need to more about GW. Does he have a girlfriend down there? I realize KCN isn't privy to all this, but it seems important.

Ya know, it's just me. But if my name came up in such a discussion, I'd be all over it HERE, either answering some questions/clearing the air or at least saying "I've shared everything with LE and they've asked me not to comment."

Maybe they're appalled by our audacity.

"i met Steve a couple of years ago in my ward in Salt Lake. He came out to my house in Ruby Valley, NV a couple of years ago with a group of people to our family's cattle branding. My mom informed me that he stopped by my house in Nevada on Dec. 8th around 11 a.m. I was in Salt Lake at the time and didn't know he had stopped by until a day later. He asked if I was home, but my mom told him I was living in Salt Lake, but invited him in for lunch. He visited with them for a couple of hours. He said he was on his way to Sacramento. He said that he was currently living in St. George and had a job washing windows. I personally did not have any contact with him about these events, just the information that my mom gave me"

Weird? Weird that he didnt know she was living elsewhere before? Weird that he stayed for lunch? Maybe its just me...

"i met Steve a couple of years ago in my ward in Salt Lake. He came out to my house in Ruby Valley, NV a couple of years ago with a group of people to our family's cattle branding. My mom informed me that he stopped by my house in Nevada on Dec. 8th around 11 a.m. I was in Salt Lake at the time and didn't know he had stopped by until a day later. He asked if I was home, but my mom told him I was living in Salt Lake, but invited him in for lunch. He visited with them for a couple of hours. He said he was on his way to Sacramento. He said that he was currently living in St. George and had a job washing windows. I personally did not have any contact with him about these events, just the information that my mom gave me"

Weird? Weird that he didnt know she was living elsewhere before? Weird that he stayed for lunch? Maybe its just me...

it is strange. my take on it is that he was saying goodbye to people in his soon to be past before disappearing. I can see the family giving him lunch. Not sure how much company they have on the ranch and he was a face from the past.

Does seem odd that he didn't know that AN was living elsewhere, but the stopping by thing (if he was on his way to somewhere) isn't so odd don't know if it's an LDS thing or not but me & several of my friends do this as a pretty common thing.

it is strange. my take on it is that he was saying goodbye to people in his soon to be past before disappearing. I can see the family giving him lunch. Not sure how much company they have on the ranch and he was a face from the past.

And it's one of those polite things, too - someone visits at 11am and unless they look like they're going straight off you'd probably say "why not stay for lunch?" even if you kinda hoped they would say no! A little slice of Utah hospitality?

Hi, I am brand new to WS and would like to comment on an article I read this morning.

If he is gay, I would be looking in San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami or other large cities. The big issue is where can anyone go without money, and who does he know that would fund him through this crisis. If his computer (and the library computer) and the cell phone are "clean", then I'd be back to the SCA neighborhood.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-402360

And it's one of those polite things, too - someone visits at 11am and unless they look like they're going straight off you'd probably say "why not stay for lunch?" even if you kinda hoped they would say no! A little slice of Utah hospitality?

Utah hospitality....in Nevada ;)

The thing is, it doesn't sound like he was really friends with the family. He met AN through a "singles ward" in SLC. She reports they "dated" a few times.

He was at the ranch only once previously AND only as part of a group that went to a weekend "cattle branding event" in the spring of 2008.

He knew AN lived in SLC. Why would he even go to Ruby Valley and ask if she was there?

Sadly, I believe he was declining mentally and not thinking straight. He could have contacted AN through her work or her ward...or even called her family IF he no longer had her number.

UNKNOWN: Early on, there was a mention that AN (had?) lived in Sacramento, and that perhaps touched off his mention of going there to visit "friends and family" (WHO DID NOT EXIST) in Sacramento.

Hi, I am brand new to WS and would like to comment on an article I read this morning.

Until reading about Steven, I had never been concerned about Proposition 8. While I have only seen speculation about Steven being gay, the following CNN ireport of the movie, 8:The Mormon Proposition
would explain how difficult a position he might be in - with his family, his friends and his Church.

If he is gay, I would be looking in San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami or other large cities. The big issue is where can anyone go without money, and who does he know that would fund him through this crisis. If his computer (and the library computer) and the cell phone are "clean", then I'd be back to the SCA neighborhood.

....and yet, Salt Lake City proper (a much more liberal city than the rest of Utah, which is now less than 50% one religion) is one of the top "gay friendly" cities in the US. St George has a vibrant gay community, which he could easily have located. He could have actually received a lot of local support, from people who've gone through those issues. If he didn't want to stay in SLC, he could have received support for relocation to other communities.

Until reading about Steven, I had never been concerned about Proposition 8. While I have only seen speculation about Steven being gay, the following CNN ireport of the movie, 8:The Mormon Proposition
would explain how difficult a position he might be in - with his family, his friends and his Church.

The prop 8 thing must have hurt but we do not know how involved the family was. When the subject was first mentioned (I think in the first thread) I did a search of databases to see if anyone named Koecher had donated to the Prop 8 campaign. Not all sites reported all donations (usually just larger ones). I did not see any donations from any Koecher. I don't think I mentioned my failed search only because I don't think any one website had all the names.

Also, I don't think he is in any of the big cities. I think he is living quietly with the guy he left with. Just a hunch, nothing more.

The Salt Lake Tribune picked up the "milk carton" story today.

If I knew nothing about the case, I certainly wouldn't learn much "truth" from that article.

Does seem odd that he didn't know that AN was living elsewhere, but the stopping by thing (if he was on his way to somewhere) isn't so odd don't know if it's an LDS thing or not but me & several of my friends do this as a pretty common thing.

I don't think it's an LDS thing. My family isn't LDS, but we grew up "dropping in" on people.
(I always thought it was rude that my mother refused to call before going to visit anyone, but my mother took great pleasure in catching her sister without her false teeth in!) But that was years ago.

The oddity is driving either 355 or 531 miles to "drop in" IF that was the sole purpose of the drive.
Sure wish we knew about those other purchase dates/times/addresses.

Somehow a body double, Sunday at noon, in a residential neighborhood just doesn't make any sense and is full of all kind of scenarios where someone could get caught. Why risk it? 2am, North Las Vegas in a Wal-Mart Parking lot. Done. Wouldn't that be easier and safer?

If I were trying to avoid getting caught....I'd AVOID all public parking lots, especially in a large city. They've all got security cameras now. WalMart's the worst, and so are Home Depot, Lowe's and any bank. Walgreen's.

I'd look for a nice, quiet neighborhood that I could pull into and leave a car, a bit off a major parkway. Certainly, no one there would have security cameras ;)

....and yet, Salt Lake City proper (a much more liberal city than the rest of Utah, which is now less than 50% one religion) is one of the top "gay friendly" cities in the US. St George has a vibrant gay community, which he could easily have located. He could have actually received a lot of local support, from people who've gone through those issues. If he didn't want to stay in SLC, he could have received support for relocation to other communities.

He may not have felt living that lifestyle in SLC would have worked - being so close to family. It's entirely possible he's receiving support in another community. Then again, he may not have been comfortable with idea of the gay lifestyle at all.

Let's not forget : There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Steven was gay.

Let's not forget : There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Steven was gay.

It's not like it's criminal or anything.

The WORST thing anyone could say about Steven, is that he's missing -- not that he's jobless, without a girlfriend, broke, straight or gay.

Perhaps I should say that there is SEEMINGLY nothing in Steven's past to indicate that he's gay. No former lover has come forward. No gay magazines in his room. No gay business owner has said " oh yea, he was in my club on some weekends ". BUT he had dated a few women, this we do know. Now, I would like to say that it does not matter one bit to me what this man's sexuality was /is. What drew me to this case, and has kept me here is the sight of a young man, who was PROBABLY Steven Koecher, striding along a street, never to be seen again. This is JMO.

Utah hospitality....in Nevada ;)

Doh! I had SLC in my mind as I was typing!

Hello Marki! Are you the PI the Koecher family hired to find Steven?

Probably not if (s)he's asking the family to contact him/her any time - surely they'd already have the contact details and could choose to call or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7