NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this, and have been reading all your comments. I just looked in Steven's neighborhood in St. George, and see there is a registerd sex offender living very close to where Steven resided. My married kids, who live near Steven's placei St. george, said they have talked to neighbors in his neighborhood, and have not been questioned. I do know the Koecher family(Rolf and Deanna). I am just apalled by this case!

Yes, I saw that. At 6pm. Once a month.

I'm going to let "ACTIVE member, born and raised in the church" explain it.

I'll let you take the lead... I'm sure it's on the web somewhere.

In case you didn't notice, I still go by CONCRNED CTZN. ;-)

I am new to this, and have been reading all your comments. I just looked in Steven's neighborhood in St. George, and see there is a registerd sex offender living very close to where Steven resided. My married kids, who live near Steven's placei St. george, said they have talked to neighbors in his neighborhood, and have not been questioned. I do know the Koecher family(Rolf and Deanna). I am just apalled by this case!

Welcome and that is what is so odd!! Why haven't these neighbors been questioned????:banghead::banghead::furious:

no probably not. Its just that specific ward. There are several wards that share the same buildings, but the activities are separate. Its more likely IF that were to happen, it would be one of the wards they shared the building with.

But I HIGHLY doubt it.

You can go to the temple anytime you want for the most part. I know you know this Yeahitsanna. I was just passing this on to the rest of the room.

Sometimes people in the same ward like to go together. Steven and Greg might go together, especially as a tool in their church callings, to reflect on a member in the ward that might be having problems, i.e., Steven not finding work, or trying to activate a troubled member. I just feel like knowing his temple attendance over the last few months before he went missing, would shine some light into his state of mind. AND all the driving would/could be explained if he was visiting temples...even Sacramento.

Some people might say that this is personal information...and it is, but we are trying to find a missing person.

As far as him going in December...does anyone know if the St. George temple closes at all during December??? Mesa temple does. If it was closed, that would answer your question.

Come on now. You two are two of my favorites. Now kiss and makeup! Don't piss off Fast Eddy. If he goes I might have to follow.

The last night Steven was at the house in St.George is interesting, especially the sighting by his neighbor. I know,John, the neighbor in question says that he saw Steven come home, and leave 30 minutes or so later. What's weird IMO is that John saw him. I looked at the google map, and saw John's yard, with the tables and chairs.What I do not understand is how John saw him at all. Was John sitting outside,in the front yard ? Because the average night temperature in Decemeber in St.George is 28.5 F ; I'm asking : why would this guy sit ouside at night in the winter ? I can see maybe he's having a smoke, but half an hour ? And, if he was inside,I don't know how he could have actually seen anything,unless he was sitting and watching Steven's house ? Also, how do we know that Steven did not return home again after leaving at around 10:30 ? He could have just gone to the store for something . Unless John was up all night watching, in reality we have no idea if Steven came back to the house or not ... But, it makes much more sense for him to have stayed in the house that night, and left for Vegas early Sunday morning. I'm struck by how isolated Steven was after the roomate left ; be interesting to know who,if anyone,visited him at that house in the last month he was there.

sbakker : I think there are registered se x offenders in or near almost every neighborhood in every state. But, they usually do not prey on 30 ish single men.....

The last night Steven was at the house in St.George is interesting, especially the sighting by his neighbor. I know,John, the neighbor in question says that he saw Steven come home, and leave 30 minutes or so later. What's weird IMO is that John saw him. I looked at the google map, and saw John's yard, with the tables and chairs.What I do not understand is how John saw him at all. Was John sitting outside,in the front yard ? Because the average night temperature in Decemeber in St.George is 28.5 F ; I'm asking : why would this guy sit ouside at night in the winter ? I can see maybe he's having a smoke, but half an hour ? And, if he was inside,I don't know how he could have actually seen anything,unless he was sitting and watching Steven's house ? Also, how do we know that Steven did not return home again after leaving at around 10:30 ? He could have just gone to the store for something . Unless John was up all night watching, in reality we have no idea if Steven came back to the house or not ... But, it makes much more sense for him to have stayed in the house that night, and left for Vegas early Sunday morning. I'm struck by how isolated Steven was after the roomate left ; be interesting to know who,if anyone,visited him at that house in the last month he was there.

sbakker : I think there are registered se x offenders in or near almost every neighborhood in every state. But, they usually do not prey on 30 ish single men.....

The only offender type that would prey on a 30-year-old, would be a Gacy type.

Good questions about his short visit home.

The actual high/low for that date was 35/28...right about "average".

Was he supposed to meet someone there?
Why did he stay for such a short time?
If the neighbor could see him come and go, could he see him carrying anything?

I can't account for why the neighbor saw him, unless he actually went over and they talked (or the neighbor was talking with someone else.....)

*If* it's true that the neighbors in St.George were not all questioned, I wonder now how closely LE questioned GW. Wow...

As far as him going in December...does anyone know if the St. George temple closes at all during December??? Mesa temple does. If it was closed, that would answer your question.

We know it wasn't closed the second week of December, because another ward held their "ward temple night" on Dec 11th, at 6pm.

Verified and posted here by two of us.

I'm sorry. I felt a bit "deflated" when I did post what information I did find, and got an unexpected reaction. So I think the info-delving into religious schedules should be done by our LDS members.

This is where the video HURTS this case, because without it, there would have been an investigation in the St George area.

Most assume that it's Steven on the video, but unless that video has been analyzed and sharpened, who can tell for sure?

I don't think we can rule anything out. We've got scenarios (including "figure on the video is just a neighbor picking up mail").

You mention a neighborhood sex offender.

Can you tell us if there's ANYONE associated with the neighborhood, who would fit Steven's basic physical characteristics?

We're all appalled; one person here was REALLY Appalled ;)

*If* it's true that the neighbors in St.George were not all questioned, I wonder now how closely LE questioned GW. Wow...

How true.
I doubt St George is being looked at, at all.

I mentioned at one time, that I thought a search of the hills around Steven's neighborhood might be in order. I still believe so.

and because Nevada missing persons groups and Steven’s church friends from Utah have banded together, offering their services as searchers.

If there’s one huge lesson to be gleaned from this, it’s the overwhelming level of support we’ve received from local friends and church leaders in Bountiful, from Steve’s friends in St. George,

to track down other surveillance tapes

http://www.clippertoday.com/pages/f... outpouring of friends- strangers &id=5388187

This is an older article, it does seem like friends are helping. Was anything ever discovered on surveillance tapes ?

http://www.sltrib.com/lds/ci_14392565

Likewise, Mormon missionaries are finding many new converts among southern Utah's burgeoning Latino population, says Bishop Stephen Quinn, of the St. George LDS Fifth Ward, who had not heard of the new mission in his area. "The missionaries working with us are busy as they can be. We could always use more."

Maybe Steven was called on a Mission of sorts.

Does anyone remember the name of Stevens cousin? I think his last name was Bradshaw? or something like that. Has he said any more?

http://www.sltrib.com/lds/ci_14392565

Likewise, Mormon missionaries are finding many new converts among southern Utah's burgeoning Latino population, says Bishop Stephen Quinn, of the St. George LDS Fifth Ward, who had not heard of the new mission in his area. "The missionaries working with us are busy as they can be. We could always use more."

Maybe Steven was called on a Mission of sorts.

Does anyone remember the name of Stevens cousin? I think his last name was Bradshaw? or something like that. Has he said any more?

If he were called on a mission, it wouldn't be a secret. They are announced in the newspapers, with pictures and mini-vios. Great fanfare at the airport when they leave and return.
Missions are separate from the wards and stakes, although a mission may be served within a ward or stake.

His cousin (like second or once/twice removed) is named Jeff Bradshaw. He's been the impetus behind the milk carton campaign.

http://www.commondreams.org/news2005/0401-02.htm

St. George resident Jeff Bradshaw, who was participating in Lyon’s study and suffers from thyroid problems, told the Spectrum, “I’d just say it’s another one of (the federal government’s) schemes. I think they’re trying to get away from doing anything for the downwinders because they want to start the testing again.”

Is this Jeff Bradshaw his cousin?

http://www.commondreams.org/news2005/0401-02.htm

St. George resident Jeff Bradshaw, who was participating in Lyon’s study and suffers from thyroid problems, told the Spectrum, “I’d just say it’s another one of (the federal government’s) schemes. I think they’re trying to get away from doing anything for the downwinders because they want to start the testing again.”

Is this Jeff Bradshaw his cousin?

That's a very common name in Utah and Nevada, but the Jeff Bradshaw we're aware of, lives in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste