NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Steven wasn't returning calls because he couldn't. I have a friend who gets behind on his cell phone bill and they allow him to receive calls but he cant place any calls until he gets caught back up. So if Steven missed the call he wouldn't be able to call back. Maybe he also knew it was a good friend calling and thought it would use up quite a few minutes to talk them and "catch up" and he didn't want to use up the few minutes he had. just a thought

That, or he was being selective.

We only know of one outgoing call....right? Early morning, Dec 14th, to voicemail?

Do we know what time Steven's phone was accessed for the last time? Anything I can find says "early morning," but is that "shortly after midnight" early or say, "5 in the morning" early?

Nope.

We didn't even know about "early morning" until the press conference on Feb 26th; until then, we just knew "Dec 14th".

Hi, guys,

Sorry to be so delinquent on the poster revisions; I was out of town for the past few days. But here is a new version with the reward info added and the passport info deleted. Hope that's helpful!

Attachments

Hi, guys,

Sorry to be so delinquent on the poster revisions; I was out of town for the past few days. But here is a new version with the reward info added and the passport info deleted. Hope that's helpful!

Thank you! I downloaded it and put a link to it, from the timeline page.

Got an email from my psychologist friends today. Going to talk to her on Thursday. She is not sure right now if what I tell her will make Steven "dianosable" but she says she will give it a shot as best she can. So, I will probably have some info late Thursday.

I am going to talk to her mainly for this whole idea of whether Steven had some type of psychological break or came down with amnesia. I really don't think she will be able to tell if Steven was suicidal or not because we all know of situations where who seemingly had good lives and committed suicide. But we know others who lived in deplorable conditions. . .mentally and physically. . .but still carried on. So, I don't what she will be able to do in that specific psychological area.

As I have said before, I'm not buying into the whole mental breakdown area but I want to know from her if it is possible for someone to seem perfectly sane. . .as Steven did in Ruby Valley, at church meetings that preceding week, and even on the phone on the morning of Dec. 13. . .but at the same time him not entirely understanding what he was doing. Like, he was heading to Vegas but did not understand why. . .something like that. And then when we got here, he thought he was somewhere else. Something like that.

The reason I bring this up is that I was watching something this past weekend about Flight 19. That flight in 1948 where five planes disappeared off the coast of Florida. Well, not long before the flight disappeared the main pilot radioed that he thought he was in the Florida Keys but there was no way the flight could have been anywhere near there. In reality, the flight was at the time over near the Bahamas. People who have studied the disappearance think the head pilot had a mental breakdown even before he went up in the air.

Just wondering if something like that happened to Steven. Because really, that is the only thing that makes sense to me. . .a guy who is not buying into the mental breakdown thing at all. Meaning, he was on Evening Lights but thought he was somewhere else. . .Phoenix, LA, etc. . .and then just simply forgot where his car was and just kept walking. Hey, it's thin. . .but not totally crazy. Look up the case of Tom Daniels in FL. He thought people were chasing him and ran out of a pizza place while he was with a friend. Totally disappears. No one can find him. 3 days later, Tom calls 911 from a street. Ambulance picks him up. Then, he disappears again. Has not been heard from since. Maybe. . .and it's a big maybe. . .Steven's case is similar to this.

There were several words missing in that last post. I apologize because it is below my posting standards.

There were several words missing in that last post. I apologize because it is below my posting standards.

I didn't notice (probably because I type phonetically)....but here's a tip, mon ami:
that's what the EDIT button is for. It's saved me from much worse than the occasional skipped word.

I'm wondering the same thing, about seeming normal some times but then wandering other times.....because we may have another sighting coming in. Or not.

Hi, guys,

Thank you so much ms_writer!!! :blowkiss:

Now, if I only knew where to take some...

Thank you so much ms_writer!!! :blowkiss:

Now, if I only knew where to take some...

I have an idea, kinda.

That neighborhood across the parkway from Overlook Village....where Evening Twilight drive is.

I wonder if some posters on THEIR mailboxes (and any rec center) would be of any use?

I have an idea, kinda.

That neighborhood across the parkway from Overlook Village....where Evening Twilight drive is.

I wonder if some posters on THEIR mailboxes (and any rec center) would be of any use?

I'll check it out this w/e. I'll kinda be out that way anyway.

I didn't notice (probably because I type phonetically)....but here's a tip, mon ami:
that's what the EDIT button is for. It's saved me from much worse than the occasional skipped word.

I'm wondering the same thing, about seeming normal some times but then wandering other times.....because we may have another sighting coming in. Or not.

bbm Someone else has come forward with info ?

bbm Someone else has come forward with info ?

Maybe. It depends if the date holds up or not, and it can be confirmed.

Don't get all excited, though. It's just going to fill in some Utah gaps.

Also, young men are more likely than women to have psychological breakdowns, lose track of who they are, and become homeless. There is a group in Vegas that does free food picnics in parks and they were having one that day, although it was quite far from where he was. But one thing that may not have been done is to be sure that this group is keeping an eye out for him, and flyers passed out to the homeless people who come to the next gathering. Many of them will have their ears to the street...

I'm just guessing, but maybe you mean these folks: http://foodnotbombslasvegas.org/ ? I agree, the family may want to contact them. I know some folks involved with that organization in my town. If I ever found myself living on the streets/running away from my life, they are the kind of folks I'd seek out (and they are about as far from the LDS church as I can imagine).

Got an email from my psychologist friends today. Going to talk to her on Thursday. She is not sure right now if what I tell her will make Steven "dianosable" but she says she will give it a shot as best she can. So, I will probably have some info late Thursday.

I am going to talk to her mainly for this whole idea of whether Steven had some type of psychological break or came down with amnesia. I really don't think she will be able to tell if Steven was suicidal or not because we all know of situations where who seemingly had good lives and committed suicide. But we know others who lived in deplorable conditions. . .mentally and physically. . .but still carried on. So, I don't what she will be able to do in that specific psychological area.

As I have said before, I'm not buying into the whole mental breakdown area but I want to know from her if it is possible for someone to seem perfectly sane. . .as Steven did in Ruby Valley, at church meetings that preceding week, and even on the phone on the morning of Dec. 13. . .but at the same time him not entirely understanding what he was doing. Like, he was heading to Vegas but did not understand why. . .something like that. And then when we got here, he thought he was somewhere else. Something like that.

The reason I bring this up is that I was watching something this past weekend about Flight 19. That flight in 1948 where five planes disappeared off the coast of Florida. Well, not long before the flight disappeared the main pilot radioed that he thought he was in the Florida Keys but there was no way the flight could have been anywhere near there. In reality, the flight was at the time over near the Bahamas. People who have studied the disappearance think the head pilot had a mental breakdown even before he went up in the air.

Just wondering if something like that happened to Steven. Because really, that is the only thing that makes sense to me. . .a guy who is not buying into the mental breakdown thing at all. Meaning, he was on Evening Lights but thought he was somewhere else. . .Phoenix, LA, etc. . .and then just simply forgot where his car was and just kept walking. Hey, it's thin. . .but not totally crazy. Look up the case of Tom Daniels in FL. He thought people were chasing him and ran out of a pizza place while he was with a friend. Totally disappears. No one can find him. 3 days later, Tom calls 911 from a street. Ambulance picks him up. Then, he disappears again. Has not been heard from since. Maybe. . .and it's a big maybe. . .Steven's case is similar to this.

I read an article not long ago written by a psychologist who studied suicide and interviewed survivors of suicide attempts. He concluded that many if not most suicides are impulsive, and that if the mechanism for committing the suicide--gun, rope, pills, bridge etc. was less accessible, many times the person with suicidal thoughts got over them and didn't make the attempt.

He also found that seemingly happy, well-adjusted people attempted suicide, again, impulsively when they felt overwhelmed--kind of a "last straw" kind of thing. If the attempt failed, most would never try again, and the interviewees felt like they had had a momentary break with reality; they couldn't understand why they would do such a thing after the moment of crisis was past.

I agree with you. I wouldn't think it possible to determine whether someone is suicidal just by their daily actions or circumstances.

Good post, Fasteddie; I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

I'm just guessing, but maybe you mean these folks: http://foodnotbombslasvegas.org/ ? I agree, the family may want to contact them. I know some folks involved with that organization in my town. If I ever found myself living on the streets/running away from my life, they are the kind of folks I'd seek out (and they are about as far from the LDS church as I can imagine).

Great idea!

I just found their Facebook page, and emailed them myself.

I sent links to the flyer and details (as well as info about us being "independent" from the family, able to receive any kind of information.)

Maybe. It depends if the date holds up or not, and it can be confirmed.

Don't get all excited, though. It's just going to fill in some Utah gaps.

Any bit helps, I sure wish someone would remember seeing him in Vegas. Not just SCA, anywhere there.

From my understanding on the Amber Dubois case her cell pinged the day after she went missing and they narrowed it down to the street it pinged from. Why can't they do that with Steven's ?( we hear Vegas area) Aside from the creep factor that both their phones pinged the next day after they were missing.

From my understanding on the Amber Dubois case her cell pinged the day after she went missing and they narrowed it down to the street it pinged from. Why can't they do that with Steven's ?( we hear Vegas area) Aside from the creep factor that both their phones pinged the next day after they were missing.

IMO - LE has all the cell phone data. WE don't! What bothers me now is that they don't have any further searches planned. If we had a clue where to look, that would be helpful.

Something that came to mind after re-reading what his "best" friend from Texas wrote, and what GS has shared with us recently...Steven basically stopped answering calls and texts from his friends that were married and had gone on with their lives.

This was not just in the last month, but one for sure was. Still took calls from his family, GW and other men in his ward. I wonder if there are any other friends from his past that had tried to get ahold him and were not able to.

Both of the men mentioned above, appeared to have been genuine and close friends of Steven, both of whom he discussed other women, school and career decisions with. The one thing that bothers me, is no one ever met these women. Unless, GS I missed something...had you ever met any of the girls he was upset over?

im also curious and asked a few posts back what type of women he liked. its usually pretty normal for guys who are friends to tell each other the type of woman who turns them on or fantasize about. even when their hanging out its normal to ogle attractive women and sometimes theyll even disagree and mention they prefer dark haired or blonde, slim or asian or cucasian or latina or even actresses they find attractive. you know - guy talk. and women should be able to relate to this because ive overheard them when they girl talk about guys. yet theres been no response to this query. which makes me wonder - how normal was he? was he shy around them - outgoing - confident- joker- prankster- did he like older women or much younger?
did he think that AN was destined for him since it appears from her bio that she is definitely musically inclined and possibly gifted. they shared something in common - music ! HELLO!:waitasec:
Well? anybody? buehler? buehler? anybody? COMMON PEOPLE! those who know him should be able to answer this query-it shouldnt be difficult!

They did? To the exact street? Wow. Where did you read that? Do you still have source?

Is it possible that when dropped in water, a cellphone will short-circuit to some default before going dead?

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_24b443c5-8634-598e-a5ff-2bea337f6d73.html

The next day, Amber's cell phone was turned on when someone attempted to check the phone's voice mail, police said.
The signal was picked up by a cell tower on Amber Lane in northern Escondido.
The tower covers a 5-mile radius, which means the phone could have been just about anywhere in Escondido.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState