NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I noticed in NAMUS there is no reference that he had the "nike swoosh " mark. Any identifying characteristics should be put in, just in case.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4889/0/

It mentions "distinctive scar" on his abdomen.

What's REALLY irritating, is how few unidentified remains are being entered into NAMUS. I've got several cases bookmarked, and check them occasionally.

But when I look at NAMUS, I see only TWO sets of remains of white males found since Dec 12th, 2009.
There's the Apple Valley case, Beer Can Beach (unlikely Steven), Auburn CA, Buckeye AZ....among others.

Billy's Law. We all need to donate/campaign.

Man found dead inside vehicle, due to self-inflicted gunshot, in St George Utah LDS wardhouse parking lot:

St George Spectrum

I can't believe it. The Spectrum actually carried some news. Praise the Lard.

ETA:
This is the wardhouse that the Bloomington 7th Ward meets in.
Steven's ward was the Bloomington Hills 7th, and meets in a wardhouse about 6 miles away.

here is a suggestion for the family.

They should ask LE to issue a subpoena to MapQuest, google maps, and all other online services that provide directions to see if at any point in 2009, anyone looked up driving directions from St. George, Utah to Henderson, NV.

The results should show a date and IP address that the request was put through.

here is a suggestion for the family.

They should ask LE to issue a subpoena to MapQuest, google maps, and all other online services that provide directions to see if at any point in 2009, anyone looked up driving directions from St. George, Utah to Henderson, NV.

The results should show a date and IP address that the request was put through.

Good idea, but I'd be a lot more specific than that...because I'm one of those people who'd be investigated ;)

I'd also check the family/friends' own computers, because I'll bet Steven had access to them in the two months before he disappeared. We know he was in Bountiful twice in November.

ETA: Ideas sent

Good idea, but I'd be a lot more specific than that...because I'm one of those people who'd be investigated ;)

I'd also check the family/friends' own computers, because I'll bet Steven had access to them in the two months before he disappeared. We know he was in Bountiful twice in November.

Good idea. I hadn't thought of this, but I hope someone else has. Besides you, I mean! ;)

That is way too intrusive. People have all kinds of personal info stored on their computers.

If the subpoenas revealed any info, it should include starting and ending addresses.

Here's the reply I received:
"He lives in St. George. His place of residence but he drove to Las Vegas to look for work and that is where is abandoned vehicle and his disappearance took place so it is a joint investigation."

OK. It's obvious we know more than anyone else ;)

The more I think about it, the more this just irritates me. If this is a UT or joint investigation, why wasn't SGPD at the press conference?

WHO IS LOOKING FOR STEVEN KOECHER?

That is way too intrusive. People have all kinds of personal info stored on their computers.

If the subpoenas revealed any info, it should include starting and ending addresses.

On public computers, perhaps. But have Steven's family and/or friends checked the histories on their own computers?

Ya know, when a person's life is possibly at stake, I wouldn't call it "intrusive". It's something I'd let a trusted person do, on all of our 'puters.

The computer techies in the family could easily search through any computer that Steven had used in the past few months.

At most, it'd take software to pull out the data. On ours, we auto-clear the cache and the history at the end of each session. Not to hide anything we do, but just to eliminate the clutter and insure basic privacy. I'm sure most people do the same thing.

The more I think about it, the more this just irritates me. If this is a UT or joint investigation, why wasn't SGPD at the press conference?

Because they probably weren't invited?
Was LVPD there or just the Henderson mayor and PD.

I've had some discussions in the past few hours with the UDPS folks, and evidently, this case is being treated as a "walkaway". "Lots of people do that...."

And lots of people are crime victims, too. I hope I was hinky enough with UDPS that they alerted St George PD to investigate ME. I'm serious.

I've had some discussions in the past few hours with the UDPS folks, and evidently, this case is being treated as a "walkaway". "Lots of people do that...."

And lots of people are crime victims, too. I hope I was hinky enough with UDPS that they alerted St George PD to investigate ME. I'm serious.

Is this what Utah public safety is saying, he just walked away?

Is this what Utah public safety is saying, he just walked away?

Not officially.

BUT, the people I talked to, aren't investigative. They're the people who maintain the "missing" databases and interact with the police. Obviously, investigation's up to St George, LV PD and Henderson PDs.

I got the idea that UDPS is "hopeful", and might get attached to the cases somewhat like we do.

Are you serious? that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard! So what exactlky made them to that conclusion?

I can't believe it. The Spectrum actually carried some news. Praise the Lard.

With apologies to our more religiously inclined posters, I lol-ed at this! Go laytonian.

And thanks too for keeping up the pressure on LE, etc. I freely admit I am just lost at this point.

Are you serious? that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard! So what exactky made them to that conclusion?

I think they take their cues from the police who submit the information, and it doesn't seem like we've heard much out of St George PD.

After all, they were told "was looking for work in Vegas". Maybe on Day One, that was the belief (it was in the earliest news reports) ... but it's now pretty clear that "looking for a job" is one of the danger-options here.

With apologies to our more religiously inclined posters, I lol-ed at this! Go laytonian.

And thanks too for keeping up the pressure on LE, etc. I freely admit I am just lost at this point.

Introduction to Utahnics, written by a loyal member of the LDS church.

I'm lost, too. It's almost like everyone gave up, when those sightings in Vegas (the only tips after the press conference) didn't pan out.

Damn, Steven. I'll Praise YOUR Lard.

I wonder if the family is considering a vigil. Something to spark more interest in Steven's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili